supercross It's That Time Again. What's a Winning Season for Team Yamaha?

I like to ask this question each year to keep you yamaguys on your toes.... What does a good season look like for team yamaha this year? I think a season where they get one rider in the top 5 and each rider wins a main would be a great year for them. I do believe that's a bit beyond reach though. 1 win and 1 rider in the top 5 is still winning for them in my book. 

Edited by KTMRider4Life
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, KableXL said:

OH this is hard,,, hard to tell. They got a crack at 250 West with Dennis Fernandez,,, but past that,,,, ohhh blu CRU needs a miracle.

They need a better rider in the 450 class. If kenny or tomac was on blue they'd be doing just fine. Anderson to blue in 2 years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 777654321 said:

They need a better rider in the 450 class. If kenny or tomac was on blue they'd be doing just fine. Anderson to blue in 2 years.

Anderson will retire on Husky. 

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

24 minutes ago, GBowman said:

Anderson will retire on Husky. 

Is he still with the same Clam

15 hours ago, KTMRider4Life said:

I like to ask this question each year to keep you yamaguys on your toes.... What does a good season look like for team yamaha this year? I think a season where they get one rider in the top 5 and each rider wins a main would be a great year for them. I do believe that's a bit beyond reach though. 1 win and 1 rider in the top 5 is still winning for them in my book. 

Barcia won A1 last season. I know this because my kid was going ape shit. She's a Barcia fanatic. 

• Like 2

I think Barcia's SX and MX wins over the past couple seasons have been mudders. A win is a win but those wins don't really inspire confidence on any track that isn't a mudder. Interested to find out if the claims that "Yamaha is listening" to the riders regarding the bikes this off season amounts to anything.

• Like 1

JB51 don't have the speed of the top 5 guys, just look at his results. He won't top 5 it this season in SX, and will this be considered a failure by Team Yamaha if he goes 6th - 8TH?

In the over seas races, Davolos and Stewart had him covered on speed, and Breyton was =. 

Edited by KableXL
  • Like 1
  • Helpful 1

Barcia 6-8 if he doesn't get hurt maybe a top 3 in a race. AP top 13 no top 5s. Mudders are the only way JB or AP get top spots they are both good at those.

250s lots of wins though.

44 minutes ago, KableXL said:

JB51 don't have the speed of the top 5 guys, just look at his results. He won't top 5 it this season in SX, and will this be considered a failure by Team Yamaha if he goes 6th - 8TH?

In the over seas races, Davolos and Stewart had him covered on speed, and Breyton was =. 

I remember seeing one overseas race where Barcia looked to have slight speed edge but other than that one he was pretty on par or slower than MS and Brayton I agree.

Edited by Zinergy
  • Like 1

[mention=273923]Chaconne[/mention] what is your prediction for Davalos on Orange ? 
Same, worse , Better ? 

As what? He has never raced big boy SX before. Certainly won’t place as well as he did in the 250 class.
  • Like 1
  • Helpful 1

7 minutes ago, woods-rider said:

As what? He has never raced big boy SX before. Certainly won’t place as well as he did in the 250 class.

Aww it was just a weak troll for Chaconne lol.  He will be an unknown for sure. 

• Haha 1

Barcia top 3 and AP top 5, otherwise all of the work and changes they have made to the bike and team is for nothing. 

• Like 1

Barcia top 3 and AP top 5, otherwise all of the work and changes they have made to the bike and team is for nothing. 

That won’t happen.
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, woods-rider said:

That won’t happen.

Barcia could do it.  

That reverse cylinder bike has a total of 1 proper title to its name ,I predict barcia and ap don't get many top 5