supercross It's That Time Again. What's a Winning Season for Team Yamaha?

Barcia could do it.  

Tomac
Webb
Roczen
AC
Osborne
Anderson

I don’t think Barcia beats any of these guys over the season without an injury coming into play, or mechanical DNF.
  • Like 1
  • Helpful 2

18 minutes ago, mog said:

That reverse cylinder bike has a total of 1 proper title to its name ,I predict barcia and ap don't get many top 5

New bike, new setup, new people around them

That bike is capable now. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, woods-rider said:

Tomac
Webb
Roczen
AC
Osborne
Anderson

I don’t think Barcia beats any of these guys over the season without an injury coming into play, or mechanical DNF.

Talent wise Barcia is as good as many of them. He’s putting in the effort right now. 

• Like 1

AP was 6th I think last year.. might have been his best finish of the year.   I will be surprised if he finishes top 10 season overall.  Barcia could get 5th at A1

Edited by Havingfun

1 hour ago, GBowman said:

Barcia top 3 and AP top 5

That leaves only 3 other spots in the top 5 for:

• Roczen
  • Webb
  • Anderson
  • Tomac

I don't see Barcia or AP beating those guys.

Edited by redrider144
  • Helpful 1

1 minute ago, redrider144 said:

That leaves only 3 other spots in the top 5 for:

• Roczen
  • Webb
  • Anderson
  • Tomac

I don't see Barcia or AP beating those guys.

Barcia will do it. 

53 minutes ago, GBowman said:

In that case,  if neither of them finish in the top 5 (unless they both get injured) can we agree the bike is still a pile for pro riders?  

57 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

In that case,  if neither of them finish in the top 5 (unless they both get injured) can we agree the bike is still a pile for pro riders?  

No, it’s a different bike and they have learned a lot about the reverse engine with the new test staff they have. 

• Helpful 3

1 hour ago, GBowman said:

No, it’s a different bike and they have learned a lot about the reverse engine with the new test staff they have. 

And you think that will put Barcia among the top 5? Seems like Barcia starts riding at the top 3 to 5 in SX level he will just get injured earlier than usual IMHO.

Edited by Chaconne

5 hours ago, jetfuel said:

@Chaconne what is your prediction for Davalos on Orange ? 

Same, worse , Better ? 

Same as AP 10-13. If Marv was racing everybody goes down a notch.

Unless there is an injury everybody after these which somebody else already said:

Tomac, Webb, Anderson, Roczen, Oz, AC.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Chaconne said:

And you think that will put Barcia among the top 5? Seems like Barcia starts riding at the top 3 to 5 in SX level he will just get injured earlier than usual IMHO.

A combination of things that Barcia is doing will make him better, the bike is just one.  

• Like 2

that sounds like the press release the bears just gave..   Owner needs to get rid of TedP (BOD) and fire GM, couch, and QB. 

That would be the first step, not sure that would get them out of 50/50

41 minutes ago, GBowman said:

A combination of things that Barcia is doing will make him better, the bike is just one.  

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, GBowman said:

I agree. This could make a big difference.  Some tech person in that team who sets up the bike suspension and chassis needs to be fired or at least moved aside. Ever since Barcia got on the YZ450F his bike has looked over sprung and under damped. Usually way too stiff a spring in the rear.  It looks too obvious, week to week versus the other bikes. Mudder race wins are different and the odd setup probably helped. I don't think the lean angle of the cylinder or the fattness of the radiators are significant problems.   Fix the obvious problems and go from there. I wonder if suspension and handling people on the other teams look at the JB#51 bike on SX or MX tracks and chuckle to themselves. The Aus CDR Yamaha team guys probably watch and shake their heads in dismay.   I presume Barcia is not the type of rider to self fix handling problems in his bike.  I don't agree with his high RPM agro riding style, but he's better than the bike setup he was given.  I watched him crash a few times last year and it could easily be argued he did nothing wrong in his riding decisions or skill. The suspension and handling should make things a lot easier.  I usually give JB 10/10 for his effort and desire. All the best to him in 2020.

I never did see AP#7 ride much in 2019. So don't have any guesses on what's going on for him but obviously he's a lot better than his 2019 results!

• Like 1

I agree. This could make a big difference.  Some tech person in that team who sets up the bike suspension and chassis needs to be fired or at least moved aside. Ever since Barcia got on the YZ450F his bike has looked over sprung and under damped. Usually way too stiff a spring in the rear.  It looks too obvious, week to week versus the other bikes. Mudder race wins are different and the odd setup probably helped. I don't think the lean angle of the cylinder or the fattness of the radiators are significant problems.   Fix the obvious problems and go from there. I wonder if suspension and handling people on the other teams look at the JB#51 bike on SX or MX tracks and chuckle to themselves. The Aus CDR Yamaha team guys probably watch and shake their heads in dismay.   I presume Barcia is not the type of rider to self fix handling problems in his bike.  I don't agree with his high RPM agro riding style, but he's better than the bike setup he was given.  I watched him crash a few times last year and it could easily be argued he did nothing wrong in his riding decisions or skill. The suspension and handling should make things a lot easier.  I usually give JB 10/10 for his effort and desire. All the best to him in 2020.
I never did see AP#7 ride much in 2019. So don't have any guesses on what's going on for him but obviously he's a lot better than his 2019 results!
I think as the bike is heavy ,even a factory bike probably won't be on the weight limit ,I wonder if they have to spring and damp it a lot to control the chassis ?

I know a pro using one this year and he keeps going stiffer

The STD setting is stiffer than previous years already