supercross It's That Time Again. What's a Winning Season for Team Yamaha?

4 minutes ago, Havingfun said:

sounds like you are trying to get out of the bet

No.  I'm saying not a good idea posting pictures of naked hairy dudes.  There are other websites you can visit if naked hairy fat guys are your thing.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

No.  I'm saying not a good idea posting pictures of naked hairy dudes.  There are other websites you can visit if naked hairy fat guys are your thing.

well I was letting you pick out which one fits you best..   

by the way, who posted naked dudes?   sounds like you are going to welch

Edited by Havingfun
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

before you cry to mommy.. why dont you wait and see what happens at A1  :cry:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Havingfun said:

before you cry to mommy.. why dont you wait and see what happens at A1  :cry:

spacer.png

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, mog said:

I think as the bike is heavy ,even a factory bike probably won't be on the weight limit ,I wonder if they have to spring and damp it a lot to control the chassis ?

That could be the thinking. But JB#51's bike did not look over damped to me. Looked over sprung.  Watch his suspension travel during slow stroke g-outs.  Pretty much any race.  Mainly a rear problem so his bike also over steers a lot. But watch his front travel too. Poor guy.  Find a race segment where Tomac or Webb or Roczen is racing against Barcia. Watch it in slow-mo. MX or SX.  Check out travel, rebound speed and rider weight positioning.  I'm not a Barcia fan, but he looks literally handicapped by his bike handling.

I think it makes little sense to speculate on factory bike weight or rider performance until those factory team Yamaha 450 bikes can go around the track with the wheels and chassis behaviour looking somewhat like those bikes in the higher performing teams. That's what I mean by fix the obvious things first.

Production bikes and local amateur semi-pros is another story.

Edited by numroe
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

spacer.png

hey big boy...    dont know if you rem last year when you wack off your mouth.   Why dont you send me a headshot of you, you can use sun glasses, and I will photoshop your head on his hip.  :awww:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, numroe said:

I agree. This could make a big difference.  Some tech person in that team who sets up the bike suspension and chassis needs to be fired or at least moved aside. Ever since Barcia got on the YZ450F his bike has looked over sprung and under damped. Usually way too stiff a spring in the rear.  It looks too obvious, week to week versus the other bikes. Mudder race wins are different and the odd setup probably helped. I don't think the lean angle of the cylinder or the fattness of the radiators are significant problems.   Fix the obvious problems and go from there. I wonder if suspension and handling people on the other teams look at the JB#51 bike on SX or MX tracks and chuckle to themselves. The Aus CDR Yamaha team guys probably watch and shake their heads in dismay.   I presume Barcia is not the type of rider to self fix handling problems in his bike.  I don't agree with his high RPM agro riding style, but he's better than the bike setup he was given.  I watched him crash a few times last year and it could easily be argued he did nothing wrong in his riding decisions or skill. The suspension and handling should make things a lot easier.  I usually give JB 10/10 for his effort and desire. All the best to him in 2020.

I never did see AP#7 ride much in 2019. So don't have any guesses on what's going on for him but obviously he's a lot better than his 2019 results!

The suspension wasn’t the only problem, the way the motor worked with the chassis was the biggest change. 

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

1 hour ago, numroe said:

That could be the thinking. But JB#51's bike did not look over damped to me. Looked over sprung.  Watch his suspension travel during slow stroke g-outs.  Pretty much any race.  Mainly a rear problem so his bike also over steers a lot. But watch his front travel too. Poor guy.  Find a race segment where Tomac or Webb or Roczen is racing against Barcia. Watch it in slow-mo. MX or SX.  Check out travel, rebound speed and rider weight positioning.  I'm not a Barcia fan, but he looks literally handicapped by his bike handling.

I think it makes little sense to speculate on factory bike weight or rider performance until those factory team Yamaha 450 bikes can go around the track with the wheels and chassis behaviour looking somewhat like those bikes in the higher performing teams. That's what I mean by fix the obvious things first.

Production bikes and local amateur semi-pros is another story.

Chad didn't have those problems in 2016. Barcia's riding has been his handicap on Honda, Zuke, and Yam.

Chad didn't have those problems in 2016. Barcia's riding has been his handicap on Honda, Zuke, and Yam.
Bet the 16 bike was lighter lol

7 hours ago, mog said:

That reverse cylinder bike has a total of 1 proper title to its name ,I predict barcia and ap don't get many top 5

You put a good rider and that bike and it wins. Nothing wrong with the bike now. 

• Like 1
  • Helpful 4

You put a good rider and that bike and it wins. Nothing wrong with the bike now. 
No I believe you ,but I still don't think the package (rider bike team and mental toughness ) will hold together, I just feel it will come apart at some point
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, mog said:
12 minutes ago, Chaconne said:

Read more  

Bet the 16 bike was lighter lol

Maybe but CR showed how to ride it and did well. You get a good rider and you get top finishes.

Everybody was trashing the Zuke for years, Roczen gets on it and suddenly they have wins. Dungey won on it before that too.

You yourself trash the Kaw but that bike has wins... Why is that?

• Like 1

To be fair what do I say about the kxf ? It's not durable ,I didn't once say it can't win did I ?

I have read and read that pros say the older yzf 450 was great until you went past 95% ( pro speed not TT speed) then the handling fell apart

It appears that's sorted but I'm allowed to have my doubts

In truth no bike should take 9 years to fix considering we have such powerful pc modelling, dynos , test riders etc etc

That's my opinion and I don't expect or mind if you disagree

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, phantom451 said:

Well I disaforkingree!

Yamasizzle

I guess we're going to see this year if it's fixed. Bowman says it's fixed and should have riders top 3 and 5 if things go right. I seriously have my doubts they do that well. What do you think is a winning season for Yamaha?

1 hour ago, GBowman said:

Looks as if THE BLUE CRUE is searching for chasis fixs. Once they get the ergos dialed it's just getting the right rider. Funny how the KTM swingers seem way overboard with luv.

A winning season is winning, what else can it mean?  2nd place down is a fail for everyone.  Period.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

A winning season is winning, what else can it mean?  2nd place down is a fail for everyone.  Period.

Not to the Tomac huggers!! They spin any statistic any which way to make their boy the best!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1