Sign in to follow this  

fe250 Modding my FE250

How is everybody doing. I just purchased a 2017 Husqvarna FE250 for 4,800Euros with only 200 hours on it as I just moved to Tuscany, Italy from the states.. I used to race motocross and quite frankly it was a different time when I used to race, mind you im only 27 but I used to ride a C125. These new amazing fuel injected sexy beasts are something im not used to... I just got back into "racing" as im now looking to compete in some local enduro and harescrambe events out here... I would greatly appreciate ANY advice on, tuning the bike, and beside getting the obvious header and exhaust pipe what other mods would anyone recommend to bang this baby up from 35(stock) horespower to about 40 or more..!? if that's even possible. thank you for the time to read this, I truly appreciate any feedback thanks again. 

IMG_3657.jpeg

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Huskyboy92 said:

How is everybody doing. I just purchased a 2017 Husqvarna FE250 for 4,800Euros with only 200 hours on it as I just moved to Tuscany, Italy from the states.. I used to race motocross and quite frankly it was a different time when I used to race, mind you im only 27 but I used to ride a C125. These new amazing fuel injected sexy beasts are something im not used to... I just got back into "racing" as im now looking to compete in some local enduro and harescrambe events out here... I would greatly appreciate ANY advice on, tuning the bike, and beside getting the obvious header and exhaust pipe what other mods would anyone recommend to bang this baby up from 35(stock) horespower to about 40 or more..!? if that's even possible. thank you for the time to read this, I truly appreciate any feedback thanks again. 

IMG_3657.jpeg

So you are going to moto it? Horse power can be found, in different cam profiles, different pipes, and if its fuel injection, there are some programming add on's you can do. Personally, I would leave it stock, and just keep you money for spare tires, sprockets and other high wear items....

• Like 1

@Metalacid,  what programming add ons are you talking? I will be taking it on a track yes, and honestly as much as I would like to leave it stock, im 6'1 185lbs and it doesn't quite feel as snappy or have that bottom end torque I need to pull out of corners..

36 minutes ago, Huskyboy92 said:

@Metalacid,  what programming add ons are you talking? I will be taking it on a track yes, and honestly as much as I would like to leave it stock, im 6'1 185lbs and it doesn't quite feel as snappy or have that bottom end torque I need to pull out of corners..

A Vortex or GET ECU. Not sure if headers do much on the 250s (they don't on the 500). But the exhaust needs to be opened up, and intake reeds taken out at the same time you increase fueling with the ECU.

@HansLanda Thank you very much for taking the time to respond bra. much appreciated... ill look into what you said and hopefully that will open her up ;) 

Main reason I got the FC (43HP) instead of the FE was the power, I rode both and the FE felt non-exciting.  2 problems using the FC for trail riding is the suspension needs to be re-valved and the on/off throttle needs to be addressed.

Instead of spending money on an high dollar exhaust, just locate a used system from an FC.

• Like 1

A lot of folks like to change over to an aftermarket exhaust system and sell their stock unit on EBAY

15 hours ago, katoomed00 said:

Main reason I got the FC (43HP) instead of the FE was the power, I rode both and the FE felt non-exciting.  2 problems using the FC for trail riding is the suspension needs to be re-valved and the on/off throttle needs to be addressed.

Instead of spending money on an high dollar exhaust, just locate a used system from an FC.

FC/XCF exhaust will not work. FE's has casting to accept a kicker and this will hit the header/mid pipe. When we had our FE250 there wasn't any full exhaust for this model,,, just a slip on. As posted above get rid of the air box reeds, use a 2t filter cage and gut or add a slip muffler. All this can be done with a TPS adjustment however a Vortex/GET will get you full power this bike can offer. Next will be the suspension. MX not at all in stock form and cheapest way is going with OC components. Then MX Tech Lucky's, AER, Dal Saggio and KYB. Go as far as you feel the need but stock is very soft and doesn't stay up in the stroke at speeds. Capable bike for the woods but what you are asking will be bigger $$ vs. getting a FC.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1