Johnny Depp

Beta4Stroke 2020 Beta 500 RR-S Review UltimateMotorcycling.com

2 hours ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

What’s the company like? Solid? Warranty? 

Hard to say, for sure. A buddy of mine is looking closely at them. I will try to find out about the warranty.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, TraderVic said:

Hard to say, for sure. A buddy of mine is looking closely at them. I will try to find out about the warranty.

Interesting.. but between Beta and swm? No way would I go swm now.. maybe after a while? Idk. Beta has proven to be solid as a company for me for 10 years plus. All bikes are pretty good these days. I hope swm is good. Price is good. More brands in the marketplace is always better for everyone.. They look not bad.. I guess they were hood as Huskies? Idk we never had cagiva Huskies in Hawaii. No dealers..

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

I did a BYOB 500RRS, ordered it on December 22nd and the Build starts on February 3rd, Beta has contacted me at least three times already and continues to work with me on some slight changes. Im 62 young, 6'2" and 205lbs so I had to order the suspension for my weight but still considering having it lowered internally by 2 inches.  Im just trail riding here in Montana, thousands of miles of forest roads and dirt roads.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DaveM47 said:

I did a BYOB 500RRS, ordered it on December 22nd and the Build starts on February 3rd, Beta has contacted me at least three times already and continues to work with me on some slight changes. Im 62 young, 6'2" and 205lbs so I had to order the suspension for my weight but still considering having it lowered internally by 2 inches.  Im just trail riding here in Montana, thousands of miles of forest roads and dirt roads.

Sounds great! Congratulations! You’re tall enough especially for more dirt roads etc but it’s all about comfort . You could also later still go to a thicker foam dualsport style comfort seat from seat concepts to go back a little higher if you like later.  I have been playing with tall to low height seats on my different earlier year Betas. I’m doing technical riding mostly  and trying low dualsport style seat concepts seat now. So now my 300 rr is the same height as an Xtrainer now. I actually liked the tall dualsport seat concepts seat for open riding on my 300 rr 15’ and my 12’ 350 race. I have a gutz tall seat on my Beta 525 RS. I’m 6’1” around 230 ish vet  rider 60 years old. 

You could lower your bike and add a thicker foam  ds sc  seat later if you like too. Lots of options. 

Youre going to love it! 

• Like 2

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 6:20 PM, mxengineer4 said:

I rode a new 500 RR-S at the dealer intro in Ohio.  I think Beta is onto something in terms of agility with the revised crank position in the all new chassis and the short stroke motor on the 2020 500RS (and 480 RE)....those bikes work very well out of the box as noted in the Ulitmatemotorcycling.com review.

I'm not a big bore rider but that 2019 500RR was a dream ride. Not enough for me to purchase as it doesn't fit my riding, it sure was the best big bore I ever rode.

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 1:56 PM, TraderVic said:

Yes. Basically a 2014 501, as I understand it.  KYB at both ends. I was only allowed to ride it around the parking lot, but SOTP it feels firm and balanced with an even more linear power delivery than the Beta. Quality looks as good as anything.

https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2020-Swm-RS-500-R-5009788207

That is NOT a 2014 501 but an older Husqvarna 510. While it was and still is a loved motor it doesn't hold a candle to todays 500cc class bikes,,,, any brands. However some do like the older power delivery then today's more racier version.

• Like 2

Not bad for the price.. still I’d never touch one at least until I see how the company is. .. and for sure swm is a fledgling come back company. I’ll watch others roll the dice. Beta all the way considering the 500 cc class bikes available. 

10 hours ago, weantright said:

I'm not a big bore rider but that 2019 500RR was a dream ride. Not enough for me to purchase as it doesn't fit my riding, it sure was the best big bore I ever rode.

That endorsement right there is better than any test we will ever read. The hardest one to get a good review from, one tough well informed critic for sure. Of course when he's not endorsing a Beta I'll go back to calling him a PITA. 😁

Edited by Johnny Depp

4 hours ago, Johnny Depp said:

That endorsement right there is better than any test we will ever read. The hardest one to get a good review from, one tough well informed critic for sure. Of course when he's not endorsing a Beta I'll go back to calling him a PITA. 😁

Everyone is different. It’s still just one opinion. It still always comes down to yourself who counts the most for your riding area and your riding ability, what you race , and what one likes in a bike and in a company. I never look at one point of view as counting that much. .. or even a bunch of points of view. Id be a KTM /Husky rider if that were the case. 
Everyone’s different. Hey right now I still rather have your 5 year old 500 RS than any of the newer Beta 500s. Of course the newest is awesome . 

• Like 1