Jake Anderson

Beta4Stroke 2020 500rr-s first upgrades

In addition to springs, I would install a heavy duty plastic or aluminum skid plate, wrap around handguards and a carbon fiber head pipe protector.  

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

On 1/13/2020 at 6:48 AM, Jake Anderson said:

I’m likely going to be pulling the trigger on my first Beta in the next month or two and have decided to go with a 500rr-s.

It looks like they are great bone stock, but other than preference upgrades like seat, tires or mirrors... is there anything that should be done with byob?

I’m just wondering if it’s worth byob or just work the bike and upgrade as I learn my preferences with this bike.

Thanks!

If you going to ride hard enduro with it you might get issues like this.,  Few ride hard enduro with big bore Betas. It’s not the best choice but  I have. It does create more issues like overheating is more apt to happen in tight and slow and slipping clutch with a 4 stroke anyway. I think these issues can be easily handled though. ... I bet youll have none of these issues but just for reference if you ride hard enduro with a 500 Beta . :smirk: . Can just add more cooling mods and maybe put high temp hydraulic fluid for the clutch?? For ex.. or stuff like that. 

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 1

Hi Mark, the question was basically for anyone in this post. You see an owner did reply regarding the fuel light?

If what you said about the fuel light is fact then I am ok with it but I had read posts about the fuel light being an issue for others.

2 hours ago, Gumbybronco said:

I just received a spare set of plastics and graphics for my soon to arrive RRS. I went with the race graphics. 

0C21E7BA-1190-4FDD-B0D4-5E8FB83AFE6B.jpeg

Nice! Thanks going to look great! 

Did you BYOB, or stock, and if stock, did you get a discount on the plastics? Seems like an easy way to make the bike visually unique. 

I’m doing a BYOB but ordered the plastics and graphics from Boano. They’ll all sit on the shelf while I scratch the stock set.

Bigger tank, steel oil gear, sc seat, visible volt meter (thank me later) and maybe a spare harness too lol

20170825_173858a.jpg

15047716287351593004494.jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

Edited by MarantzManiac

Hi Mark, the question was basically for anyone in this post. You see an owner did reply regarding the fuel light?
If what you said about the fuel light is fact then I am ok with it but I had read posts about the fuel light being an issue for others.

It’s quite common for people to bitch about the fuel light, and it bothers many. Many have disconnected the light.
I will say many dual sport bikes have this issue going as far back as 2008, as one of our bikes is a WR250R it does the same thing, the light comes on when the tank is half empty.
Beta started using a low fuel level light with the advent of FI on the dual sports.
There are some weird things associated with low production but in my opinion high-tech dual sport motorcycles, especially from Italy.
Please not to be confused with adventure bikes, as Beta’s mission was to build a street legal dirt bike years ago, and very close to that today.