Rick Harder

Beta4Stroke 2020 RRS in the states yet??

I've had a 2020 390 RR-S on order since the 1st week of December. My dealer says that the EPA has not  released them yet. Anybody received and of the 2020 4 stroke models in the states yet??

I've had a 2020 390 RR-S on order since the 1st week of December. My dealer says that the EPA has not  released them yet. Anybody received and of the 2020 4 stroke models in the states yet??

The shop we have here in Seattle is expecting them next week I believe.

I also have a 390 RR-S BYOB on order. Frank said last month that it should ship Jan 20-31. He said that mine would be built now and ships as soon as they get the approval. I am eager and wrote Frank earlier today asking if everything is still on track. He replied that he is out of the office today and will follow up with me tomorrow. I can let you know when I hear back. 

That makes sense, EPA crap. Going to the dual injector and new engine castings created the expensive and time consuming need for certification.

Beta has been down this road before, it took the Hero guys 3 years to get certified...

25 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

That makes sense, EPA crap. Going to the dual injector and new engine castings created the expensive and time consuming need for certification.

Beta has been down this road before, it took the Hero guys 3 years to get certified...

Thank you Volkswagen! Beta has had reasonable success getting bikes certified, but they are moving at the speed of government.

• Like 3

Let's hope they don't pull a KTM and make them stick a potato in the exhaust...

Frickin Comiforia doing the inspection testing for all 50 states stinks to high heaven.

• Helpful 1

Frickin Comiforia doing the inspection testing for all 50 states stinks to high heaven.
I feel sorry for you guys can't you just cut CA off and let it drift away.
  • Like 2
  • Helpful 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, MartyMOOSE said:
10 hours ago, Johnny Depp said:

trust us when I say we are trying to think of a way

• Like 1

I was at Dirt Riders West yesterday, dropping off parts for my new 2020 480. Mike showed me a 2020 390 RR-S he'd just received, I guess this past week, he said they had just been released by the gestapo in Kaliforniya.   

• Like 3

On 1/13/2020 at 5:25 PM, motoxgiant said:

Thank you Volkswagen! Beta has had reasonable success getting bikes certified, but they are moving at the speed of government.

A follow up to this - six more Volkswagen executives were taken into custody in Germany the other day related to the emissions cheating scheme. Seems like most of their (now former) management team will be wearing orange jumpsuits for the foreseeable future.

On 1/13/2020 at 11:41 PM, MartyMOOSE said:

I reckon she'd eventually drift to Oz at some point. And you thought brush fires were bad....

Edited by shrubitup

5 hours ago, motoxgiant said:

A follow up to this - six more Volkswagen executives were taken into custody in Germany the other day related to the emissions cheating scheme. Seems like most of their (now former) management team will be wearing orange jumpsuits for the foreseeable future.

The Climate Change Mafia has badges and guns...

Just got an update on my BYOB order. Beta passed EPA certification and now is waiting for CARB certification for CA. Estimate is 2nd week of February.

• Like 1