areichert19

Chapmoto Labeled CR250 Pipe

I just picked up a ‘98 CR250 to turn into a woods bike and it has a chaparral racing plate welded on the pipe. I can’t find any information on the internet of them ever selling their own pipes. Is this an fmf or stock pipe rebranded? 

thats 15 miles from me, never seen one around here or glen helen going back many years, love to have that on the shop wall, hopefully someone will chime in.

I also posted on a cr page on Facebook.... no one has seen the pipe. Emailed chapmoto and they say they’ve never manufactured pipes and to send pictures. So I’m waiting on their response. Maybe I stumbled upon some MX history

16 hours ago, areichert19 said:

I also posted on a cr page on Facebook.... no one has seen the pipe. Emailed chapmoto and they say they’ve never manufactured pipes and to send pictures. So I’m waiting on their response. Maybe I stumbled upon some MX history

This is a rebranded pipe that came From the Jeremy McGrath and Jimmy button era when they were with chaparral motorsports. It was either of FMF or a pro circuit if memory serves, They also had ignition boxes and several other products that came from the race team. They ran Yamaha YZ’s at that time.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CROGGR said:

This is a rebranded pipe that came From the Jeremy McGrath and Jimmy button era when they were with chaparral motorsports. It was either of FMF or a pro circuit if memory serves, They also had ignition boxes and several other products that came from the race team. They ran Yamaha YZ’s at that time.....

Thanks for the info. I also heard it was a rebranded Noleen pipe. So still no true understanding of what pipe it actually is. 

On the bright side a lot of people seem to think its a pretty cool piece which I think is pretty cool