Mike in Fresno

california Which M5B do I buy now??

40 minutes ago, TheWoodsCommander said:

Tusk recon 110

I just mounted mine up last week. Basically exactly like the M5B but it's half the price 

and half the traction

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, Mike in Fresno said:

I know there is a new version the EVO. What is avail and which one will work best on a CR500 for the big uns?

You don't have a choice.  The EVO is what you'll get.  Only question is size. :cheers:

thx guys
I rode the original for years, tried the new EVO and regretted it. Like someone else said, half the traction. Not the same tire. Worked good for first couple of rides but just wore way faster.
Switched to a MotoZ Arena Hybrid, couldn't be happier.
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, xnofriendsx said:

I rode the original for years, tried the new EVO and regretted it. Like someone else said, half the traction. Not the same tire. Worked good for first couple of rides but just wore way faster.

Less life and less PRICE...  not buying the half the traction part.  The other guy was referring to the Tusk Recon when he made that joke.  

The EVO gets about the same fun for the dollar as the original with it's lower price point.  

imho  :cheers:

6 minutes ago, Jeff aka Bolt said:

F U that's Y
The Honey Cat.  REALLY doesn't give a $#*!

now jeffy i really expected more than a copy and paste in reply to my copy and paste even if it is 3 am lol 😻

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Congalinechamp said:

now jeffy i really expected more than a copy and paste in reply to my copy and paste even if it is 3 am lol 😻

Oh no...  I typed that out by hand.  I promise.  LOL 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, xnofriendsx said:

😂😂😂😂😂 you funny. Moto z  compared to a M5b my arse. 

you funny. Moto z  compared to a M5b my arse. 
Original M5B lasted crazy miles in all the crap we ride. Loved it. New EVO version lasted about half as much. And I was a die hard M5B guy. Had it on my kids bikes, friends bikes, etc. That EVO doesn't even compare to the original.
That MotoZ has been incredible so far, nearly 20 hours on it and I literally couldn't make it slip on our last NV ride. Even worked great on the backside slimy parts in the pine nuts.

30 minutes ago, xnofriendsx said:

Original M5B lasted crazy miles in all the crap we ride. Loved it. New EVO version lasted about half as much. And I was a die hard M5B guy. Had it on my kids bikes, friends bikes, etc. That EVO doesn't even compare to the original.
That MotoZ has been incredible so far, nearly 20 hours on it and I literally couldn't make it slip on our last NV ride. Even worked great on the backside slimy parts in the pine nuts.

The Evo are better tires. 

I was a huge fan of the M5B.

The M5B EVO is good, but wears fast.  High Sierra granite really takes its toll, but could deal with that.

My reason I switched is I run TuBliss, and I have flatted it by putting a Manzanita stick through the carcass.  If I had mousse it would not be a problem, but sometimes I have a lot of road to get home and like to move at 60-70 mph.  I hear a mousse is not a fan of that for extended runs.

I have not found a perfect replacement yet.  The MC360 Mid-Soft is close.  At this point now, if it is round, holds air and has a few bumps on it - that is good enough.  How good a tire do you need for the stuff we ride?

20171112_150232.jpg

20160102_161343.jpg

20200104_144507.jpg

GOPR0360.jpg

• Like 1

Paddle tires are not meant for roads and rocks.  M5B is NOT a dual sport tire.  It is NOT DOT.  It is a Soft Terrain and Mud tire.  So says IRC.

The EVO lasts about 70-80% as long as the OG.  It costs about 70-80% of the OG.  It still hooks like a mofo.  Unless changing tires once or twice more per year is a major concern it's the same cost equation. 

imho :cheers:

• Like 1