johnk408

Triple Clamp Compatibility

Picked up an 06 CR125. Thought being older there would be lots of used parts readily available on ebay, etc. Can't seem to find many, if at all, aftermarket clamps at a decent price. Haven't owned a honda in decades, so maybe some other years of the CRF etc. are compatible? Tried doing some research but find mixed answers. Even saw some that said clamps from other brands will work. I do have a press so I can press out stems if needed. Bike doesn't need them, just looking for something different than stock. Bar mounts have at least been changed already for 1 1/8 bars.

Guess I need to change my avatar and signature line now that I see this posted:)

CRF450/ 250 clamps from 2002-2008 will bolt right up. You might have to change the number plate depending on what year the clamps are.

37 minutes ago, johnk408 said:

Picked up an 06 CR125. Thought being older there would be lots of used parts readily available on ebay, etc. Can't seem to find many, if at all, aftermarket clamps at a decent price. Haven't owned a honda in decades, so maybe some other years of the CRF etc. are compatible? Tried doing some research but find mixed answers. Even saw some that said clamps from other brands will work. I do have a press so I can press out stems if needed. Bike doesn't need them, just looking for something different than stock. Bar mounts have at least been changed already for 1 1/8 bars.

Guess I need to change my avatar and signature line now that I see this posted:)

Not sure if this has your answer but found it in a Google search.

Not really looking for $500 ones, that's why I was looking for some options. Was thinking I could find something someone used and didn't need any more. But I guess I can use their list that they supplied if it is accurate for cross references.

IMG_4811.JPG

Been using these guys for years. Can find just about any classic parts. Have always pulled through for me.

1 hour ago, Faded said:

FWIW, I have 2008 CRF450R stock triples w/ the HPSD on my 2002 framed CR250 w/ 2006 CRF450R forks. It all bolts up. 

OK, I will do some more research. Plus it is some of those years where they use different forks too as the 125 has KYB and the 250 had Showas. I haven't even ridden the thing yet so it isn't pressing at moment. I just thought being 14 years old someone would have an old applied set or RG3 or something laying around and selling on ebay cheap, but that's not the case it appears.

1 minute ago, johnk408 said:

...I just thought being 14 years old someone would have an old applied set or RG3 or something laying around and selling on ebay cheap, but that's not the case it appears.

That’s part of the problem...anything more than 8-10 years old and things start becoming harder and harder to find.  

I had successfully put an aftermarket 22 mm offset/HPSD ready triple clamps off my 04 CRF250 onto my 07 CR125, everything bolted up perfectly.

02-08 crf450 and 04-09 CRF250 triple clamps (OEM or aftermarket) should work, 08-09 OEM clamps are 22 mm offset with HPSD damper mount by the way. Your stock 46 mm KYB forks have the same upper tube diameter as 47 mm Showas found on CRFs so it should work.