redhurricane

Beta2Stroke Fork tube wear 2018 300rr at 110 hours

Another fork tube wear victim here, mild anodizing loss on both tubes. I am out of warranty, and contacted the dealer I bought the bike from. New tubes coming, compliments of Beta USA.

Tim Pilg and CO are some real stand up folks. :applause:

• Like 14
  • Helpful 7

Were you running the stock black forks?  I thought you anodized them when you got the bike?

58 minutes ago, Dertyone said:

Were you running the stock black forks?  I thought you anodized them when you got the bike?

stock black rr forks. no hard anodizing. 

1 hour ago, redhurricane said:

Another fork tube wear victim here, mild anodizing loss on both tubes. I am out of warranty, and contacted the dealer I bought the bike from. New tubes coming, compliments of Beta USA.

Nice. Now, send them to Steve. 

• Like 1
  • Helpful 3

1 minute ago, Dertyone said:

Are you going to anodize the new ones?  http://www.afterhourscycle.com/

Motoxgiant can take care of them for you.  Almost look like KYB’s from a distance!!!!!!

8C9411BB-8945-4899-B014-B03220CF335F.jpeg

Yep, and diving into my daughter's 300rr to see what her's are looking like. Might be doing two sets. Both bikes bought from the same dealer. 

8 minutes ago, Dertyone said:

Are you going to anodize the new ones?  http://www.afterhourscycle.com/

Motoxgiant can take care of them for you.  Almost look like KYB’s from a distance!!!!!!

8C9411BB-8945-4899-B014-B03220CF335F.jpeg

Interesting. Mine came out almost black. Steve said that the color can be slightly different depending on the aluminium alloy used. 

• Helpful 1

14 minutes ago, Ud_Luz said:

Interesting. Mine came out almost black. Steve said that the color can be slightly different depending on the aluminium alloy used. 

Interesting, didn’t realize that was the case but makes sense.  Here’s a closer look on my06A84667-AC49-425D-852D-02EE7CD7DF01.thumb.jpeg.542c9ee113499446f9ff0819906b4bc7.jpeg front forks.  Maybe I’ll slap a KYB sticker on them to confuse the Orange crowd!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dertyone said:

Interesting, didn’t realize that was the case but makes sense.  Here’s a closer look on my06A84667-AC49-425D-852D-02EE7CD7DF01.thumb.jpeg.542c9ee113499446f9ff0819906b4bc7.jpeg front forks.  Maybe I’ll slap a KYB sticker on them to confuse the Orange crowd!

The orange mafia is already quite confused. Anything more is just mean. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, redhurricane said:

Indeed. 

16 hours ago, redhurricane said:

i'm finally tearing mine down again to check. oil has been nasty from day one ... how did you inspect the "mild loss" and who confirmed? ... i have communicated with my dealer and Tim, now i just need to confirm what's up ... whichever way it goes, current or replacement, tubes will be going to Steve.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, typeone said:

i'm finally tearing mine down again to check. oil has been nasty from day one ... how did you inspect the "mild loss" and who confirmed? ... i have communicated with my dealer and Tim, now i just need to confirm what's up ... whichever way it goes, current or replacement, tubes will be going to Steve.

Visual inspection of the ID of the tubes shows anodizing loss in a 180° pattern at the lower triple clamp on the back side. Extremely hard to photograph, but visible by naked eye. lower clamps were torqued to recommended value (12nM) and this was the third fluid change on them in 110 hours. Last two fluid changes the color was what I would call normal, this time much darker. Fork leg bushing is still intact, but I will be replacing it when new tubes come in as well as inner rod bushing and seals. 

• Like 3
  • Helpful 1

40 minutes ago, redhurricane said:

Visual inspection of the ID of the tubes shows anodizing loss in a 180° pattern at the lower triple clamp on the back side. Extremely hard to photograph, but visible by naked eye. lower clamps were torqued to recommended value (12nM) and this was the third fluid change on them in 110 hours. Last two fluid changes the color was what I would call normal, this time much darker. Fork leg bushing is still intact, but I will be replacing it when new tubes come in as well as inner rod bushing and seals. 

thanks. 👍i had wear on my last set of OCs, wasn't sure if Beta made you prove beyond visual inspection somehow to get the replacements ... as you said, the wear was clearly visible by eye on my last set.

Edited by typeone

Just got Beta to warranty upper tubes and lowers which had scoring in the chrome at 30 hours on 2019 500rrs. 
Got the uppers hard anodized and lowers titanium nitrate coated. The TI is a shiny gold. 
Hope they last 500 hours now. 

• Like 2

Are Beta dealers good to go to to have fork service done, also can someone give me a approximate cost. I have a 19 with 35hrs and thinking of getting the fork oil changed. Or is diy a simple job?

Just finished servicing the daughter's 300rr. Her forks are perfect. Go figure. I now attribute fork wear to fat. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, redhurricane said:

Just finished servicing the daughter's 300rr. Her forks are perfect. Go figure. I now attribute fork wear to fat. 

Did her bike have same hours? 

Just now, firffighter said:

Did her bike have same hours? 

Her's was bought with 50 hours on it last December, now has 80. I think I have put 15 of those 30 on it since we have owned it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, redhurricane said:

Quit grilling so much steak followed by dutch over deserts and whiskey.

Joey is still ruined from the steak. :banghead: