redhurricane

Beta2Stroke Fork tube wear 2018 300rr at 110 hours

Just now, Ud_Luz said:

Quit grilling so much steak followed by dutch over deserts and whiskey.

Joey is still ruined from the steak. :banghead:

Are either of you really complaining???? 

The kid weights all of about 100# soaking wet. 

1638445301_familyofbetas.jpg.ae7918425dad2c93a547733b4a36334c.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, Hammy-56 said:

I guess thats why mine were good...😬

Are you sure it was not from being slow?

:devil:

2 minutes ago, Ud_Luz said:

Real stickers. Two years in a row we've got those worthless green paper things.

you out of towners get those so we can recognize the riff-raff from a distance. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, redhurricane said:

Just finished servicing the daughter's 300rr. Her forks are perfect. Go figure. I now attribute fork wear to fat. 

If fork wear is attributed to fat, Good thing Steve already had the forks done when I bought my bike from him.  That is customer service and why I recommend to everyone to order thru Afterhours Cycle. 

I wouldn’t say I’m fat, more barely enormous or merely huge!!!   

I'm actually quite lean, but still 190lbs...my 'zokes on my 300 race were toast by the 230 hour mark, my CC Sachs on my 350 were worn by 40 hours, but had enough material to be hard-anodized.

On 1/14/2020 at 5:59 PM, Ud_Luz said:

Interesting. Mine came out almost black. Steve said that the color can be slightly different depending on the aluminium alloy used. 

My understanding is that hard anodizing can be either green or black. I guess black is slightly softer than green, but looks much better IMO. Steve did my 'zokes, they came out a greyish green color...they look awesome when wet, not so much dry. Stillwell did my CC Sachs in black, it's a flat finish(no gloss) but they look awesome wet or dry.

12 hours ago, Sierra_rider said:

My understanding is that hard anodizing can be either green or black. I guess black is slightly softer than green, but looks much better IMO. Steve did my 'zokes, they came out a greyish green color...they look awesome when wet, not so much dry. Stillwell did my CC Sachs in black, it's a flat finish(no gloss) but they look awesome wet or dry.

Mine came out kind of a dark grey/green. That's the best anodising, or so I've been told by multiple people. Apparently the alloy can make a bit of difference in the colour. 

I agree, they look kind of grungy dry but I'll take performance and reliability over flash every time. Whoever at Beta though red anodised forks, the worst, was a good idea............................................

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ud_Luz said:

Mine came out kind of a dark grey/green. That's the best anodising, or so I've been told by multiple people. Apparently the alloy can make a bit of difference in the colour. 

I agree, they look kind of grungy dry but I'll take performance and reliability over flash every time. Whoever at Beta though red anodised forks, the worst, was a good idea............................................

Especially on forks that are overly flexy.

14 hours ago, Ud_Luz said:

Interesting, they used to send real stickers.

Go to a dealer and they will give you a sticker at least thats how I've done it for the past 5 or 6 years or so.

Just now, Huskydog14 said:

Go to a dealer and they will give you a sticker at least thats how I've done it for the past 5 or 6 years or so.

We usually stop at Walmart or if we get them at Taylor then the store. Those were always the paper ones. The last couple of years the mailed ones are now paper instead of stickers. If we get them at bike dealers they're still stickers? 

Just now, Ud_Luz said:

We usually stop at Walmart or if we get them at Taylor then the store. Those were always the paper ones. The last couple of years the mailed ones are now paper instead of stickers. If we get them at bike dealers they're still stickers? 

I have always picked up mine at the KTM dealer in Grand Junction on the way to Moab and so far always been a sticker

1 hour ago, Sierra_rider said:

Especially on forks that are overly flexy.

I actually prefer the feel of a smaller dia flexy fork over a stiffer fork for the type of riding I do.

My three sets of zoke 45's came out greenish gray. The replacement warranty tubes for my 18 race came out looking like stock kyb's

Edited by widebear