230 Sausage

200rr + lack of skill × logs = this video.

25 minutes ago, 230 Sausage said:

It's no wonder my pipe got a bit kinked and my spoke broke.

https://youtu.be/-siCR7N99wE

Nice! Awesome to have a big group to ride with and fun trails. 

Bet when it's dry you can really rip through that area. 

Looking like you're enjoying your 200!

• Like 1

Nice! Awesome to have a big group to ride with and fun trails. 
Bet when it's dry you can really rip through that area. 
Looking like you're enjoying your 200!
Absolutely agree. I know they really like it when the ground freezes so they can stud their way around the place.

Love it so far. Haven't done jack squat to it either. No jetting, no power valve, nothing. I did, however, bolt on the fmf gnarly pipe whilst the oem pipe gets straightened (hopefully), and I'm also gonna try out that cheapy tusk recon hybrid rear tire since gotta replace the spoke I busted off. May get bibs or tubliss in the future, but who knows.

Got 1-2 more videos on this place coming up, and my next ride will be down in Texas with Berad. Should be interesting.
  • Like 1

How’s the gnarly compare to the stock pipe buddy ? 
I literally just bolted it on the other night. Only true test I'll have is in texas unfortunately, very crappy weather here lately.

When you come to Texas definitely check out CTOR. I have a feeling you will end up at hidden balls which is fun but nothing like ctor. imo its the best riding in central Texas. Enjoy!

• Like 1

When you come to Texas definitely check out CTOR. I have a feeling you will end up at hidden balls which is fun but nothing like ctor. imo its the best riding in central Texas. Enjoy!
As far as I know the plan is hidden falls for two days, then red river two more. Probably gonna do a few trails and a bunch of hills and obstacles I'd imagine.

22 hours ago, 230 Sausage said:

and I'm also gonna try out that cheapy tusk recon hybrid rear tire since gotta replace the spoke I busted off.

That tire would help immensely here. Run UHD or HD Bridgestone tube at 8 PSI and you'll have much better traction than shown in the video.

• Like 1

That tire would help immensely here. Run UHD or HD Bridgestone tube at 8 PSI and you'll have much better traction than shown in the video.
I ended up getting the IRC heavy duty tube, so maybe I'll throw that in with the setup. Tire literally just showed up an hour ago, so I'll be taking a crack at my first tire change in a bit. Hopefully the spoke won't be too bad to change out.

19 minutes ago, 230 Sausage said:

I ended up getting the IRC heavy duty tube, so maybe I'll throw that in with the setup. Tire literally just showed up an hour ago, so I'll be taking a crack at my first tire change in a bit. Hopefully the spoke won't be too bad to change out.

search YT for MX tire change with Jay Clark. Watch 15 times then get after it. Don't buy STI tubes ever. I use an aerosol window cleaner as a tire lube during install. Regular old windex fine too.

Edited by shrubitup
  • Like 1
  • Helpful 1

17 hours ago, 230 Sausage said:
17 hours ago, shrubitup said:

Lube Lube and more Lube!  (for the tire change) 

On 1/15/2020 at 3:59 PM, 230 Sausage said:

Absolutely agree. I know they really like it when the ground freezes so they can stud their way around the place.

Love it so far. Haven't done jack squat to it either. No jetting, no power valve, nothing. I did, however, bolt on the fmf gnarly pipe whilst the oem pipe gets straightened (hopefully), and I'm also gonna try out that cheapy tusk recon hybrid rear tire since gotta replace the spoke I busted off. May get bibs or tubliss in the future, but who knows.

Got 1-2 more videos on this place coming up, and my next ride will be down in Texas with Berad. Should be interesting.

Are you referring to Berad who rides a Yammie?  He has a bunch of YT vids on Michigan trails and pretty entertaining commentary.  I see he is posting vids from down in Texas now.

• Like 1

Are you referring to Berad who rides a Yammie?  He has a bunch of YT vids on Michigan trails and pretty entertaining commentary.  I see he is posting vids from down in Texas now.

Yup, rode with him in Michigan. Been keeping in touch for awhile now.
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, 230 Sausage said:
2 hours ago, Dertyone said:

Yup, rode with him in Michigan. Been keeping in touch for awhile now.

Check out Michigan Trail Riders on FB.  I believe that is where I first started seeing Berads Videos.

Check out Michigan Trail Riders on FB.  I believe that is where I first started seeing Berads Videos.
Been on there for a couple years now. Great group.

8 hours ago, 230 Sausage said:
10 hours ago, jochuma3 said:

Lube Lube and more Lube!  (for the tire change) 

Dry and raw, I ain't no pussay

Good luck with that approach and a tusk recon or shinko 505 LOL

• Like 1

Jesus christ that sucked. Had to have an extra set of hands on that one. Thing was WAY tighter than it should've been, but she's on.

5 minutes ago, 230 Sausage said:

Thing was WAY tighter than it should've been, but she's on.

Unknown-1.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, 230 Sausage said:
16 hours ago, redhurricane said:

Jesus christ that sucked. Had to have an extra set of hands on that one. Thing was WAY tighter than it should've been, but she's on.

Feel like I sort of warned you.