Exhaust leak between header & silencer

• NoFiddyPilot changed the title to Exhaust leak between header & silencer

Per the FMF install instructions:

If installing the FMF muffler onto a stock header, you will need to use the supplied aluminum reducer sleeve in the midpipe (front) inlet.  Apply a light bead of high temp silicone to the outer edge and insert into the midpipe. If installing the FMF muffler onto an FMF header, the supplied aluminum reducer sleeve is not used. Loosen the header flange hardware at the exhaust port to allow the header to rotate if necessary when mounting your new muffler. 9. Using contact cleaner, clean the section of the header where the midpipe connects and allow to dry. Apply a light bead of high temp silicone for an improved seal.

To be fair, I don't know the model year of your bike, but I suspect that it's the same for all PC4 mufflers for the 150R.

• 2 weeks later...
This happend to me I have a simlair setup q4 with the stock header. It was a a pain to remove because of that gap but I ended up just pulling the silencer off and reinstalling it fixed the issue for me. Also I didn't use any silcone and it seams to be sealing fine. 

2019 CRF150R here. I’m using a q4 to the stock header pipe. Had to use the reducer they included. No silicone. Doesn’t leak. Fit with no problems.