Georgetown Back to Back weekend of Feb 1/2 - curve ball

6 minutes ago, bigbob said:

from green to white to Orange,  long way in a short time.  Little surprised you stayed in the 500 club, thought maybe you might look at a 350,  but I understand too, if you are going to have only one bike, the 500 is the one for me too

It's just the way it turned out. I won't be changing again for a long time. This bike is all I need.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bigbob said:

from green to white to Orange,  long way in a short time.  Little surprised you stayed in the 500 club, thought maybe you might look at a 350,  but I understand too, if you are going to have only one bike, the 500 is the one for me too

Looks like I can't make the dual ride on Saturday. Spread too thin. I will be ready to go on the next one.

• Helpful 1

I will always remember the Trooper on his KX450F  cursing roots..... "I HATE ROOTS"   ?     stall and  have to kick start it again …? 

not as bad as Terry has had it.  Terry hits a root and falls over.   ?   no more roots for Terry   :naughty:

Edited by bigbob
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, bigbob said:

I will always remember the Trooper on his KX450F  cursing roots..... "I HATE ROOTS"   ?     stall and  have to kick start it again …? 

not as bad as Terry has had it.  Terry hits a root and falls over.   ?   no more roots for Terry   :naughty:

Just need more practice with them. They're easier on the trail bikes

9 hours ago, The Trooper said:

Just need more practice with them. They're easier on the trail bikes

Easier is a relative term. Get a trail bike then! If I had your bike those roots would be toast ?. It all comes down to practice and desire. 

Smoke

1 hour ago, bigbob said:

Ten days of Sunshine ahead But chance of showers Sunday now.  Can not get a break .   Hopefully it’s not an issue come Sunday morning 

Weather up here in Foresthill is still super soggy, and after yesterday’s rain ?shite. You know it really hasn’t dried out in weeks for us up here. 
let’s hope for some warmer air to dry out the trails. I have my smoker prepped for this weekend, but thinking I need to prep the Beta DS just in case.....

• Helpful 1

1 hour ago, SmokeX said:

Easier is a relative term. Get a trail bike then! If I had your bike those roots would be toast ?. It all comes down to practice and desire. 

Smoke

Trooper does fine on roots and rocks now, my comment was 2 years old when he started out with a MX bike.  everyone hate roots on your first days out.        I can do small perpendicular flat logs now say under 12"" ,  not those Diablo Leaping Banditos log crossings   ?

Edited by bigbob
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, bigbob said:

Trooper does fine on roots and rocks now, my comment was 2 years old when he started out with a MX bike.  everyone hate roots on your first days out.        I can do small perpendicular flat logs now say under 12"" ,  not those Diablo Leaping Banditos log crossings   ?

Ok. ? 

sure is real hard with a KX 450 loool. Who buys that bike for the trails anywho. ?  I bet that thing hits like a freaken hammer. default_smirk.gif

12 minutes ago, SmokeX said:

Ok. ? 

sure is real hard with a KX 450 loool. Who buys that bike for the trails anywho. ?  I bet that thing hits like a freaken hammer. default_smirk.gif

Troopers first trail ride, on his green rocket, was going down trail 9 from Mace Mills. ?  His very first thread over in the CA forum was a classic. something like ... "Holy Shit where are friendly trails can I ride my KX450F? " 

Edited by bigbob
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, SmokeX said:

Smoke

Dude I have a trail bike. We are talking about when I tackled roots on my KX450F.  Lol

Edited by The Trooper
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ElDorado650 said:

Roots are nice - but move up to logs.  A few trails we have there are logs of various sizes.

Once you master the single log - then time for the double log!

I've seen you do logs when we we're at PiPi in late 2018. Quite impressive. I was on the green pig I think. 

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1