I'll tell you from my personal opinion (a few have disagreed on this site) that I was let down on my maiden voyage off the showroom floor with a brand new 2018 350EXC. Bottom end was non-existent and bike was shockingly quiet in stock form. Get it out on the trails and it performs surprisingly well when you're chugging up a hill climb and need to grab more RPM's but the stock tires are useless in any deep sand or mud which is expected. 
Coming off a 250R and having my 690 Duke I was expecting a lot more power from the 350 that was masked with emissions, tune and plugged up muffler + airbox to make these bikes street legal. After changing out the sprockets (geared down) , removing reeds in airbox, FMF added with a JD Tuner the bike is an absolute blast. 

I can guess the bike straight from dealer is corked up. I must preface my post by saying the bike I rode had an aftermarket FMF pipe and felt uncorked.

I can ended up buying a pre-owned 18’ FE350 for $8,000 out the door. 31 hours. Very sweet so far, with the exception of the unbalanced wheels. Ill do that soon along with the oil pump gear

2 hours ago, Offroad_Guy said:

I can ended up buying a pre-owned 18’ FE350 for $8,000 out the door. 31 hours. Very sweet so far, with the exception of the unbalanced wheels. Ill do that soon along with the oil pump gear

Congratulations, and Balancing perfection makes a Huge difference.  I had ktm install a couple ounces front and rear, before I rode off from dealer, and it was still Very horrid on the road.  Fixed it all when I got home.

Did you happen to check any service history , to see if gear already done.

I did not. Im not sure Id trust what they say anyhow. Im going to just order the gear and then open the bike up and replace it.

I did not. Im not sure Id trust what they say anyhow. Im going to just order the gear and then open the bike up and replace it.

2 hours ago, Offroad_Guy said:

Well, if there is any history in their system, might be nice to know. If the bike was ever serviced or repaired by the dealer.

On 2/8/2020 at 8:44 AM, Offroad_Guy said:

I still can't believe they sell these bikes out the door like that! Bought the wheel balancers from KTMHuskey for $40 and worked perfectly. No drilling another rim lock or craziness just screw them on and lose the vibrations. 

https://bestdualsportbikes.com/all-products/wheel-weight-for-balancing

I still can't believe they sell these bikes out the door like that! Bought the wheel balancers from KTMHuskey for $40 and worked perfectly. No drilling another rim lock or craziness just screw them on and lose the vibrations. 

Thanks for the link! So these work well? I thought one would have to use small weights of different sizes in order to balance the wheels as opposed to a “one size fits all” type of weight.

46 minutes ago, Offroad_Guy said:

Thanks for the link! So these work well? I thought one would have to use small weights of different sizes in order to balance the wheels as opposed to a “one size fits all” type of weight.

Yeah dude they've been on for 40 hours on the bike on road, off road, mud, Supermoto, sand blah blah and no issues. I believe the nuts are threadlocked so no worry for them to fall off but could throw some blue Loctite on if a guy really wanted to. I mounted them offset from the rim locks and worked perfect, less headache then dropping a wheel off at the dealer only for them to punch another hole in the rim. 

On 2/10/2020 at 11:47 AM, IDTrav said:

$40  , id rather spend the money on no mar weights and a balance stand for a real balance, which has to be redone every tire change.

Evidently you arent too picky , cause those things a junk for any type of accuracy , they can help, but if going to balance do it right, makes a HUge differnce.

9 minutes ago, Spud786 said:

$40  , id rather spend the money on no mar weights and a balance stand for a real balance, which has to be redone every tire change.

Evidently you arent too picky , cause those things a junk for any type of accuracy , they can help, but if going to balance do it right, makes a HUge differnce.

Fair enough. My Supermoto wheels are balanced but exactly...not too picky with my dirt setup. 

My test was:

"do the bars shake past 70km/h?"

*installs $40 weights*

"mission accomplished"

• Like 1