Bolt next to oil drian

So I have a 08 drz125l I just bought I was changing the oil and I took both of the bolts off but the other 17mm bolt not the drian plug is supposed to have a spring and a plunger loking thing attached to it but it didnt have it if I just buy one and put it in will the gear shifting work fine or do i have to do something else or maybe this bike doesn't have that I just know my other bike did  please help thx 

2 minutes ago, William1 said:

You were only supposed to remove PN11. I have no idea what else you might of removed.

spacer.png

Yes I removed that one I also removed the one right next to it and it drained oil out of it too I think there is supposed to be something in it because my other bikes had  thx for the reply 

I had heard about this a long time ago but have never experienced it,

some engines have a bolt in the bottom of the case which is related to the shift drum.

(by memory my 1984 Honda ATC200X 3-wheeler was like that)

Rumor was there is a somewhat danger of the shift mechanism getting mis-aligned / out-of-time

when either starting the engine or, shifting thru up/down gears with that locating bolt removed.

Item #23 here:

https://www.partspitstop.com/oemparts/a/suz/506b2cb8f8700231bc95648b/gear-shifting

The only purpose I can imagine for a spring loaded plunger like that is to make it harder to fall into gear from the neutral position.

Edited by mlatour

It should be p/n's 23 thru 26. All you can do now is replace the missing parts and hope it works.

Small.png.8e5535521716e842a25b2336cbc0a8f5.png