Redline suspension oil

I was looking around at various fork oils and came across redline oil. Particularly the 5wt light in pts. Has anyone used this stuff and can comment on how well it works or feels and if it lasts. I would guess with the outrageous price the stuff should basically ride the bike for me but hay. Most stuff from redline is above and beyond what most companies produce. Previous used maxima, Honda, and Belray.  

Everyone’s forks are hydraulic (except springer Harleys.)
And even those have hydraulic damping.

Anyway, my point is to use AW hydraulic oil. AW (anti-wear) hyd oils have friction reducing properties, along with lots of other additives that bring preferential properties to the oil.
Without holding a lubricants class, let’s just say you want an oil in the ISO 22 to ISO 68 viscosity class. These should have the same base stocks, so they may be mixed. (Some can not be mixed, due to diff base stocks.)

Hyd oils in this vis class can be very “slippery.” This helps reduce stiction caused by seals. Stiction is when something sticks, then slips, then sticks, over and over again.
In “non-powered” hydraulic systems, it’s called “stiction.”
In “powered” systems, it’s called “chatter” as it can cause powerful vibrations.
Anyway, let’s get back to simple hyd oils.

Crap, got to get back to the old salt mine. More later!

17 minutes ago, NORTY said:

Everyone’s forks are hydraulic (except springer Harleys.)
And even those have hydraulic damping.

Anyway, my point is to use AW hydraulic oil. AW (anti-wear) hyd oils have friction reducing properties, along with lots of other additives that bring preferential properties to the oil.
Without holding a lubricants class, let’s just say you want an oil in the ISO 22 to ISO 68 viscosity class. These should have the same base stocks, so they may be mixed. (Some can not be mixed, due to diff base stocks.)

Hyd oils in this vis class can be very “slippery.” This helps reduce stiction caused by seals. Stiction is when something sticks, then slips, then sticks, over and over again.
In “non-powered” hydraulic systems, it’s called “stiction.”
In “powered” systems, it’s called “chatter” as it can cause powerful vibrations.
Anyway, let’s get back to simple hyd oils.

Crap, got to get back to the old salt mine. More later!

Your post might have more value if you could/would compare the ISO 22-68 rates to the more commonly used fork oils 5-10 wts. What ISO rate would equate to a 5wt? Thanks.

1 minute ago, turbo dan said:

I'm just here to say I've been running motor oil for years and it's great.  Whatever 0w20 I can get, though I've also used 5w20 and it is good too.

I am going to try that next, at least in the outer chambers. 

I understand relating ISO levels between products as they are more consistant and probably a much better scale as always. (The US can't pick a reasonable scale to save there lives) Anyways I have used redline products in the past for other vehicles mostly there gear oils and its some pretty slick stuff. I was curous how there suspension oil would hold up in a set of forks and if it would last longer than the standard oils we all use. I guess I'll look into the SDS and tech sheets and see how close they are to something like Honda fork oil or Belray. I guess I could just bite the golden bullet and buy some ?. I might dig into amsoil while I'm at it to see how that stuff compares.