Brayden Stringer

Racing lawnmower build

Alright so I'm building my race lawnmower and had the great idea of instead of using a belt I use a chain to drive it so the chain will be mounted horizontally going from the engine to the transaxle it's a manual so that means it needs a clutch the old belt clutch was tension based but I feel like with the chain it would just fall off once I let the tension off so I was thinking wath if I used a centripetal clutch on the engine like a go cart my question is can a centripetal clutch hold up on a 16.5Hp horizontal engine or will it just give out

And I know it's not bike talk but I couldn't find anywhere else to post this

What are the technical rules for the class of lawn tractor you are racing?

Stock rear transaxle, gearbox etc. or open to mods and, what are your competitors running?

22 hours ago, mlatour said:

What are the technical rules for the class of lawn tractor you are racing?

Stock rear transaxle, gearbox etc. or open to mods and, what are your competitors running?

I wasn't really planning on racing it in a comp it's really just like a toy I have a welded diff transaxle and a ungoverned more free flowing engine so it's probably about a 18-19 hp engine 

• Like 1