El Extremo

Kickstand Shoulder Bolt Question - 1982 XR500

Ok, Guys...

The parts breakdown says my bike requires a 90108-429-000 kickstand bolt. I found a local guy that has a genuine Honda bolt in stock. It's claimed to be a Honda XR600R NOS: 90108-MN1-670. I wonder if they are compatible???

I've seen the XR500 and the XL500 showing different part numbers for the kickstand spring, and the only difference is one is zinc and one is black...

Thoughts???

11 minutes ago, El Extremo said:

Ok, Guys...

The parts breakdown says my bike requires a 90108-429-000 kickstand bolt. I found a local guy that has a genuine Honda bolt in stock. It's claimed to be a Honda XR600R NOS: 90108-MN1-670. I wonder if they are compatible???

I've seen the XR500 and the XL500 showing different part numbers for the kickstand spring, and the only difference is one is zinc and one is black...

Thoughts???

LOL, welcome to vintage dirt bike restoration. Bro finding bolts for these bikes can be a major pain. Home depot and lowes have a hardwars section, but never have the right size, cycle dealers say they don't stock em, lol! Zinc or black wont matter, just buy it and bolt it on. Good luck! Keep us updated!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, M E T A L A C I D said:

LOL, welcome to vintage dirt bike restoration. Bro finding bolts for these bikes can be a major pain. Home depot and lowes have a hardwars section, but never have the right size, cycle dealers say they don't stock em, lol! Zinc or black wont matter, just buy it and bolt it on. Good luck! Keep us updated!

Hardware shops wont stock the kickstand bolt

90108-KL8-710 are the same - but you wont find that either  :bonk:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, S.O.A.N.Z said:

30 minutes ago, S.O.A.N.Z said:

Uh, bro, it must be a language barrier, or you just don't understand Merican nuances. I told my new friend there, good luck on finding bolts for "any" bike. I was speaking in general, not specifically about the kick stand bolt. Just for hardware in general. But, my fine feathered friend, I was able to find some bolts that actually work on dirt bikes, now say hello to my little friend! LOL!!!!😉

tumblr_mdjxdbOR6x1rgigp0o1_400.gif

• Like 1

I have a bolt for that somewhere - but youre not getting it :banana:

You could easily make a bushing in place of the shoulder the bolt has - and just find a bolt with the same thread

index.jpg.0ef7e6983e7819c783bddcdc489088e1.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, S.O.A.N.Z said:

I have a bolt for that somewhere - but youre not getting it :banana:

You could easily make a bushing in place of the shoulder the bolt has - and just find a bolt with the same thread

index.jpg.0ef7e6983e7819c783bddcdc489088e1.jpg

Yes! Bushings are easy enough to make. For $4.00, i went ahead and bought the NOS Hondoda bolt... 🙂