I called Panthera Monday, as mentioned above, they are hoping on Mid March.  Just waiting on flywheels.  The stator will put out 90 watts according to them because I specifically asked that on Monday.
I don't mind being a guinea pig.  By the way, I already have the orange bikes in the garage but I prefer my 250X.  It already has a FWW, Rekluse, Ox Left Hand Brake as well as all the other goodies.  Its just missing the e start.  I really don't expect Yamaha to come out with a new electric start smoker.  If they do, I'll buy it.

Sounds like our 250X bikes are setup similarly. I have been curious to see how this Panthera project gets reviewed. I figured in the meantime I would keep track of how many times I wish I had estart. For starters, no pun intended, starting up at the onset or after a break I don’t care much about as those are always in an easy location and rarely require more than 2 kicks (1 if warm). It’s precarious situations that matter. So for example, last outing was so muddy I spilled it 5 times where the Rekluse didn’t keep (nor should have kept) the engine running. Of those, on 2 occasions I would have liked estart to avoid maneuvering the bike to some location where I could kick it. If I rode sketchier terrain, maybe that count would rise.
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, hessam69 said:

Why would you need an electric leg on an engine that is so easy to kickstart?

Man, our riders of today are too soft for this sport

Sometimes the rut is not wide enough to get the kicker out . I ride a YZ250 usually but on this trip I was on a rented Sherco. Glad of the e-start on many occasions.

P1340819.jpg

• Helpful 1

4 hours ago, LoadedUpandTruckin said:

I solved the YZ250 lighting and e start problem. Simple fix. emoji2956.pngScreenshot_20200214-110517_Google.jpg

I was just saying that I wanted a way more expensive, Terrible handling , less reliable yz 😆

Edited by nickmell
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I was just saying that I wanted a way more expensive, Terrible handling , less reliable yz
I have spent 6 years working on my YZ 1 hour for every 1 hour of ride time. I didn't actually buy a ktm because I'm cheap, but i do get tired of kick starting my YZ 20-40 times every ride. Especially when my ride buddies sit watching me struggle until it fires, then casually thumb their buttons and ride away. YZ can be a great trail bike, mine is, but it still has serious limitations for hard enduro.
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, LoadedUpandTruckin said:

I have spent 6 years working on my YZ 1 hour for every 1 hour of ride time. I didn't actually buy a ktm because I'm cheap, but i do get tired of kick starting my YZ 20-40 times every ride. Especially when my ride buddies sit watching me struggle until it fires, then casually thumb their buttons and ride away. YZ can be a great trail bike, mine is, but it still has serious limitations for hard enduro. emoji28.png

Haha I know what you mean I've been doing alot of hard enduros on my 250x and it really does suck when your on the side a hill beside someone with a button. But later in the race when their battery dies it makes me feel better 😆

• Like 2

yoga classes for those contorted position kicks
I put in a new piston and went on a hard enduro break in ride, damn thing had so much compression i could barely kick it in all those weird positions, had to do the standing left foot boogie a few times. I like when it's totally sloppy in the bore and you can start it by just looking at it.
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, hessam69 said:

Why would you need an electric leg on an engine that is so easy to kickstart?

Man, our riders of today are too soft for this sport

I must agree, one reason I purchased a 2020 was I want to be sure I got one before it went to E-Start. That being said nothing wrong with learning about new stuff and what options are available. At my age, the day might come where e-start will be a requirement, not a option. But for now, I'll stick with kicking. 

• Like 1

I must agree, one reason I purchased a 2020 was I want to be sure I got one before it went to E-Start. That being said nothing wrong with learning about new stuff and what options are available. At my age, the day might come where e-start will be a requirement, not a option. But for now, I'll stick with kicking. 
Bro, where i ride at the button makes so much sense. Especially this time of year, so snotty and fubar. Im literally the only one on a kick only bike and also the only one without pro level skills. I'm lucky my buddies enjoy laughing at me or I'd have no one to ride with. I can stick to the more flowy single track without a log jump every 100 feet but the gnar calls to me. Ive been thinking about converting my YZ back to a track bike because it's so fun for that.

Bro, where i ride at the button makes so much sense. Especially this time of year, so snotty and fubar. Im literally the only one on a kick only bike and also the only one without pro level skills. I'm lucky my buddies enjoy laughing at me or I'd have no one to ride with. I can stick to the more flowy single track without a log jump every 100 feet but the gnar calls to me. Ive been thinking about converting my YZ back to a track bike because it's so fun for that.
Fight the urge brother, don't give in to the orange coolaid. I'm in the same situation as you. We ride alot of the gnar, and everyone I ride with has 300xcw low 1st gear and estart. They all make fun of me and wait till I'm started to push that stupid button. I refuse! I popped out of my momma stubborn and I'm staying that way. If had a dollar for every time I heard "you need a KTM" I would have enough to buy another yz.
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, LoadedUpandTruckin said:

I put in a new piston and went on a hard enduro break in ride, damn thing had so much compression i could barely kick it in all those weird positions, had to do the standing left foot boogie a few times. I like when it's totally sloppy in the bore and you can start it by just looking at it.

Well there's your problem, you need to put 75 hours on a set of rings before it get mellow and easy to start in the hard stuff haha. I'm kind of dreading rebuilding mine before revlimiter.

Well there's your problem, you need to put 75 hours on a set of rings before it get mellow and easy to start in the hard stuff haha. I'm kind of dreading rebuilding mine before revlimiter.
I can't get a piston past 55-60 hours. About the same as a clutch. Like i said, I'm always working on it. 20191125_225350.jpg

10 hours ago, olderthanyourdirt said:

Just wait till you are 67 with 37 year old ACL recontruction.

Close behind you, I'm 64. In fair shape, 6', 210 lbs. The first four vehicles I owned were manual shift, including a pickup trucks used for towing, after owning  trucks with automatic transmissions, have no desire to drive something with a manual shift, excluding performance cars. Probably the same for e-start, if I ever got one, would not want to go back the kick start.