Looking for a woods weapon? Beta 2020 200RR vs 300RR. We tested the latest 2020 Beta 2 stroke Italian woods weapons and I was very surprised on the findings! If your looking for real life experiences on the torque, how the 200rr lugs compared to the 300rr and or its power and unique riding characteristics, the fun factor and most importantly who these bikes may be well suited for then this video is definitely for you. https://youtu.be/MDVBMaTpzPY

• Like 4
  • Helpful 4

Awesome video and damn fine trails you got there! The compare/contrast style video was cool too. Awesome editing to keep the pace of the video up as well. The section where you said "running less from obstacles" resonated really well! I definitely punch right at stuff on the 200 a lot more than I did on my yz250fx. 

What section of trails were you riding in the video?

• Like 4

Another good video but no Sachs suspension hatred? I mean, come on, this guy is a KTM/HSQ rider - what a great opportunity to bag on the Sachs!

I'm being sarcastic. This rider is just like every other weekend joe trail rider. There is nothing wrong with the suspension. This review agrees. :blah:

• Like 6

4 hours ago, mobile chernobyl said:

Awesome video and damn fine trails you got there! The compare/contrast style video was cool too. Awesome editing to keep the pace of the video up as well. The section where you said "running less from obstacles" resonated really well! I definitely punch right at stuff on the 200 a lot more than I did on my yz250fx. 

What section of trails were you riding in the video?

Thanks Chernobyl and I'm so glad it came across in the videoj, the trails I mean. The Go Pro as you well know really flattens the video so everything looks like a walk in the park. I see your in Colorado, I almost moved to Fort Collins back in the day. Beautiful area. What we shot was in BC Canada. Thanks for watching and glad it was helpful. I'll be doing posting more Beta videos so stay tune!! :)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Wadzy said:

What we shot was in BC Canada.

Shawnigan?

Wife's family lives in Duncan

Edited by firffighter

Shocked you were able to turn that 200. Word on the street is that you have to drift to get it to change direction. What did you have to modify to the crappy worthless Sach TF OC forks so you didn't crash? My same source said it was super heavy. Was it a special hand select and professionally set up with titanium and unobtanium? I could hear how much the vibration was just in your voice, but I found an app to process the sound to hear you. I am just glad you are not dead, that 200 has claimed soooooo many lives.

• Haha 6

I demoed both. Granted, nowhere close to the same quality of trails. Total jealousy for the caliber of trails in that video. But I must say the 300 to me vibrates so, so much more than the 200. I would not want to own the 300 but would in a second love to own the 200. Also agree the 200 had deceivingly good lugability. In the end, one was simply much more fun to ride.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BassMan said:

Shocked you were able to turn that 200. Word on the street is that you have to drift to get it to change direction. What did you have to modify to the crappy worthless Sach TF OC forks so you didn't crash? My same source said it was super heavy. Was it a special hand select and professionally set up with titanium and unobtanium? I could hear how much the vibration was just in your voice, but I found an app to process the sound to hear you. I am just glad you are not dead, that 200 has claimed soooooo many lives.

I still don't know what people are complaining about with the '20's turning. Granted, I haven't ridden the 200, but I do hard-enduro riding and cross-training type stuff on my '20 300re, and I've never had an issue with the turning. If anything, this is the best turning Beta yet. Lock to lock figure 8's are no problem...if somebody is hindered by the steering stops, their biggest problem is probably their own riding ability.:excuseme:

1 hour ago, Tahoe Gator said:

I demoed both. Granted, nowhere close to the same quality of trails. Total jealousy for the caliber of trails in that video. But I must say the 300 to me vibrates so, so much more than the 200. I would not want to own the 300 but would in a second love to own the 200. Also agree the 200 had deceivingly good lugability. In the end, one was simply much more fun to ride.

With the counter-balancer, it's a different story on the new 300. While the vibes aren't completely eliminated, they are almost eliminated. I'm pretty sure I have the beginnings of some carpal-tunnel issues, and my '20 300 is so much easier to ride compared to my '15 300 in regards to vibration and hand numbness.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, MarantzManiac said:

No beta princess marriage wrecker here... at least  not yet! lol 

0117201629a1.jpg

0201201412a.jpg

Nice FX4, I jumped the shark with mine and she's knows what's coming soon!!

20200209_092822.jpg

Edited by Wadzy
  • Like 5

With the counter-balancer, it's a different story on the new 300. While the vibes aren't completely eliminated, they are almost eliminated. I'm pretty sure I have the beginnings of some carpal-tunnel issues, and my '20 300 is so much easier to ride compared to my '15 300 in regards to vibration and hand numbness.
I gotta agree with you. I am coming from a 2016 ktm 350xcfw riding desert and alpine. The 2020 300 re vibes are really a non issue for me and that's coming from a pretty silky 4t. I usually battle some arm pump and haven't had any issues on the 300, so far. Way more stable at speed then the 2t ktm and husky 300s I've tried (non tpi.)

The 300 re turns great. Feels like a mtb with the bars flipping into the right amount of steer for the bike lean allowing hands to be light and relaxed. This could be the 2t vs 4t factor for me, but the bike turns easily without push etc...

FWIW given my somewhat limited experience thus far.
  • Like 2