stylius

beta 2020 2t spring rates

Hello. Please help me choose corect spring for my weight. Now I waiting my new Beta 250 racing. I want have good rear spring together with bike. So.... My weight with all gear are 110 kg.  But on other place are diferent spring sizing. This beta manual will be good for me?

user manual.jpg

Edited by stylius

If it was me, i think I would be better off with the beta recommendations than trusting someone on the internet.  At the very least, with the beta settings, someone had to approve, sign off on, this information before it's published for the entire world to go by. you think someone on the internet, like me, had to go through approval for anything i post on here? 🤩

• Haha 1

I've found that the Beta suggestions are usually at a minimum 1 rate too soft. All Moto Performance spring rate charts are very close to what I would consider correct. For 110kg (242lbs) I'd go with a 6.0 shock spring and a .50 fork spring rate. That was using sachs forks, not the KYB's. Beta has historically sprung the bikes with light fork spring ratess and excessive preload which are some of the culprit to deflection that so many complain about. I cannot say that is the case with the new KYB's- setting sag would tell the whole story. 

For reference, I am 200# (91kg) with gear, and 5.6 rear and .46 fork springs which is what Beta says is good for up to 110kg. sag numbers are in spec and bike is great. 

Edited by redhurricane

This is a 2020 bike the op is talking about - different internals & valving. I’m 90kg onboard & run the same on my 2018 RR300 as RH - 0.46 & 5.6 f & r respectively. 

I rode the all RR 2020’s except the 250 & the stock spring rates seemed fine for my weight. I would go with the factory chart & tweak where necessary.

Edited by KatoKonvert

FWIW. My 300 re felt stiffer than my friends 300rr. I am 219lb with gear and stock is pretty close to right on. I typically stiffen up suspension from stock.

Point is unless you're going byob you might want to ride it first then see.

• Like 1

I have a 2020 300re and weigh 240-250 geared up. I put a 6.0kg in the rear and .5kg springs in the front. Sag is spot on with 35mm static 105 race w 9.5mm preload on the spring. Bike is nice and level. I just recieved progressive rate ics springs that I'm hoping will soften up the low speed trail trash. 

• Helpful 1

7 hours ago, NjBetaRider said:

I have a 2020 300re and weigh 240-250 geared up. I put a 6.0kg in the rear and .5kg springs in the front. Sag is spot on with 35mm static 105 race w 9.5mm preload on the spring. Bike is nice and level. I just recieved progressive rate ics springs that I'm hoping will soften up the low speed trail trash. 

What is your weight without gear? Do you revalve your front?  Please write your opinion when you test progresive rate spring. Thanks

I'm 6' 215lbs without gear and sometimes I wear a backpack w tools so the rider weight fluctuates. As of now I have not revalved the front I want to see where this spring gets me. Last time I rode it I ended up getting the bike to ride just about perfect messing with the clickers and if this spring does what it says I wont revalve. BTW I think what a lot of people miss with the beta spring rate chart is that they are talking about a bare bike. I'm sure everyone at minimum is putting on skid plate, pipe guards and hand guards. All that stuff adds on to your rider weight.

I've found that the Beta suggestions are usually at a minimum 1 rate too soft. All Moto Performance spring rate charts are very close to what I would consider correct. For 110kg (242lbs) I'd go with a 6.0 shock spring and a .50 fork spring rate. That was using sachs forks, not the KYB's. Beta has historically sprung the bikes with light fork spring ratess and excessive preload which are some of the culprit to deflection that so many complain about. I cannot say that is the case with the new KYB's- setting sag would tell the whole story. 
For reference, I am 200# (91kg) with gear, and 5.6 rear and .46 fork springs which is what Beta says is good for up to 110kg. sag numbers are in spec and bike is great. 

You’re exactly right, after we throw some protection on the bike and ourselves with hydration pack etc. etc. I had to go up one rate from Beta’s suggested rates. AMP’s rates were spot on, but what do we know, we’re just folks on the internet, not the almighty Beta factory guru’s
  • Haha 1