Really Stuck Here --- please try to help!

So I didn't listen to my friends telling me to take off my mudflap at the dunes with a paddle-tire, anyway the mudflap got ripped out of the airbox, and SHEARED the screws halfway inside the airbox, making it impossible for me to repair/replace. I got the replacement part (part #1 in the photo) as it was really cheap (only $22) and got the whole airbox taken apart. EXCEPT for part number 1 is being held on by part number 5 to the subframe. I have stared at it for over an hour and had a friend look at it, there is NO WAY for #1 to come off the subframe without #5 sliding off the front, or cutting it. I would just cut it, except then I would have to cut the new one to put it on. I'll update with photos, but its really hard to tell without holding it in your hands and seeing why its impossible. 

Has anyone fully taken apart a 2017+ KTM 2 stroke or 2016+ KTM 4 stroke subframe??? If so how do you get the airboot/frame (#5) off of the subframe?????

airbox.PNG

EDIT::: It is this guys EXACT ISSUE- except he never got an answer he just yanked it out, and most likely bent/snapped the plastic piece holding it in.

Edited by Teddy F

I've done it before, I have to replace my subframe a couple years back. The plastic slides off the frame. 

It's together really really good so you have to give it some force but it will come off... Pain in the ass!

6 minutes ago, ZXTOM said:

I've done it before, I have to replace my subframe a couple years back. The plastic slides off the frame. 

It's together really really good so you have to give it some force but it will come off... Pain in the ass!

How do you get it to start sliding? It seems like every angle I can hold it at or pull/push/hammer on it - will break something if I give it my all. 

1 hour ago, ZXTOM said:

Double check and make sure all the fasteners are out, there are also plastics fasteners, not just metal screws.

So, I "used some force" and broke both sides, and now can't get anything back on the subframe. It's such a horrible &%$#@!ing design. It's like it's supposed to be permanent except it's weak plastic, but also somehow stronger than the metal screws that go into it? I just turned what shouldve been a really easy and cheap plastic replacement job into most likely $150+ in parts and labor at a shop. Between the mikuni and now this I'm getting sick of KTM

I just did a similar changeout on my '12 150xc.  I removed the rear fender, loosened the clamp holding the air boot onto the carb, made sure the "Electronic box and Electric case" on top of the subframe was clear, and then removed the entire subframe. With the subframe removed, mine slid off toward the front at the top subframe brackets. It's a p.i.t.a., but will make the part(s) replacement easier once the subframe is removed.  It's a good time to clean areas that are never reached also. Taking pic's before and during disassembly will help on final assembly.