Rack-N-Ride Review

Not a lot of reviews on these that i could find when i was looking so heres my thoughts:

Carrier does great. It is absolutely solid in the hitch without any unwanted movement when using the supplied shims and anti-wobble bracket.

Its not overly cumbersome to handle by yourself maybe if your a bit smaller then it would be.

I purchased the longer steel ramp, which is helpful. Still a tad short for my personal truck but i have a high hitch. I dont think the aluminum ramp would have been justifiable for the cost.

Still need to figure out exactly the best way to use the turnbuckles around the pegs when loading. Im probably going to loosen the one near the tailgate to get that through the peg first. Then pull the bike down for the opposite side. But the bike is definitely captured. Never have to worry about straps again.

Anyways, i have to say this is a great carrier and would definitely recommend.

20200220_183404.thumb.jpg.4fe5731739fff16db26af0f1c4e4d343.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sacrifice said:

Not a lot of reviews on these that i could find when i was looking so heres my thoughts:

Carrier does great. It is absolutely solid in the hitch without any unwanted movement when using the supplied shims and anti-wobble bracket.

Its not overly cumbersome to handle by yourself maybe if your a bit smaller then it would be.

I purchased the longer steel ramp, which is helpful. Still a tad short for my personal truck but i have a high hitch. I dont think the aluminum ramp would have been justifiable for the cost.

Still need to figure out exactly the best way to use the turnbuckles around the pegs when loading. Im probably going to loosen the one near the tailgate to get that through the peg first. Then pull the bike down for the opposite side. But the bike is definitely captured. Never have to worry about straps again.

Anyways, i have to say this is a great carrier and would definitely recommend.

20200220_183404.thumb.jpg.4fe5731739fff16db26af0f1c4e4d343.jpg

No need for the bike to be that high. Simple receiver attachment to lower the height will make loading easier. The same piece can be flipped to add height if ever needed.  They come in different measurements, I use a 5in one. Simple, cheap solution.

they do have an option for a longer main bar or do you mean one that has a hitch on the back side?

I wanna hitch on the back for towing. Hitch extensions have a max 6k tow or 8k with Weight Distribution. My truck is a 2.5in receiver, be nice to plug 2in accessories on the back.

9 hours ago, Piney Woods said:

No need for the bike to be that high. Simple receiver attachment to lower the height will make loading easier. The same piece can be flipped to add height if ever needed.  They come in different measurements, I use a 5in one. Simple, cheap solution.

Yeah i have seen those but it might require another anti-wobble at that point. I got it figured out pretty well now that ive loaded it a few times. Push it as far as i can and then grab the rear tire and turn it by hand.

1 hour ago, kxlubber said:

I wanna hitch on the back for towing. Hitch extensions have a max 6k tow or 8k with Weight Distribution. My truck is a 2.5in receiver, be nice to plug 2in accessories on the back.

I dont think id trust any extension like that to use for towing. 

I dont think id trust any extension like that to use for towing. 

A 2.5in od tube that 2in id is obviously way stronger than a 2in od that flares to 2in id. Yet they have the same 6k/8k rating. The tubings not the limiting factor.

I’d just like to have one. Would be sweet for shuttling, maybe a raft trailer in tow.

On 2/23/2020 at 8:40 PM, kxlubber said:

A 2.5in od tube that 2in id is obviously way stronger than a 2in od that flares to 2in id. Yet they have the same 6k/8k rating. The tubings not the limiting factor.

I’d just like to have one. Would be sweet for shuttling, maybe a raft trailer in tow.

Ah alright. Might be easy enough to fab it up yourself at that point for the main bar? Granted it is work on your end but not many people probably plan to do that either.

Took the rack on a good trail with the truck to really see what it could do. Had zero issues. Pictures say it all imo.

20200225_113001.jpg.c951ed3619672f766c673e7ab247e11c.jpg

20200225_122300.jpg.3469072ee81521286d5b6f96038f78df.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 years later...