E model ex cam as intake?

Hey guys, this is probably just a brain fart of a thought, but is it possible to use an emodel exhaust cam with auto decomp removed as an intake cam? I'm sure there is a good reason not to but the reason escapes me at the moment, it's not a good pic but it looks possible. And using this camshaft profiles the e model exhaust seems to fit within the limits of Web and yoshi intake cams if not perfectly its close. It seems very close to the rhc grind. 

Screenshot_20200225_200054_com.ebay.gumtree.au.jpg

Screenshot_20170812-184718.png.44c2662743251f69ab14ba446e13addf.png

Edited by Brady Orr

Do you have an E can to try? It might of all the diameters are correct. Webs and the original Hotcams could be swapped. If that's the case the hardest part will be pulling the gear , setting the desired lca and tack welding it back on.

If you don't have an E cam to experiment with the Web 540 grind is very close to the 187. Hell, Web my even spill the beans about what the exact profile and specs were for the 187s if you ask nice enough.

• Like 1

I just picked up a second hand set of e model cams and a 2047-in hotcam for 150 aud. So within a few days I should have a 2nd e model ex cam to try, my current cam already has decomp removed so I'll probably move it to intake side to check, if it doesn't work I'll sell emodel cams intact on to someone who wants them (harder to sell in aus, no one buys s models when e come road legal) With the exchange rate and postage to Australia webcams are prohibitively expensive, I don't know much about lobe centres or cam specs at all, I would appreciate any links to relevant reading material

Edited by Brady Orr