Pastrana switches to can-am

6 minutes ago, Kev_XR said:

I would have bet TP would total one per day. Impressive. 

He will eventually. You have a lot less control while in the air vs a bike. Once things start to go wrong there is little you can do to correct a 1400lbs vehicle once in the air.

The good news is they have roll cages. Hopefully he will destroy his beaten body less.

Edited by Zinergy

a can am bombadier   now that , gentlemen ,  is true classic metal  2stroker azzkickery straight from canada 

gotta wonder about folks that build snowmobiles  and then make some racing dirtbikes for a few years ,, 

they actually were very fast 

DDD

• Like 1

On 2/27/2020 at 8:42 PM, Into the sunset said:

Like a lot of old machines they were great in a straight line on a smooth surface. Add bumps or attempting to stop is another thing...

Let me introduce you to the 1972 Suzuki TM400. Better known as "The Widow Maker"

Possibly one of the most dangerous production motorcycles ever built. It's go from 3.5 hp to 45 over span of about 1500 RPM. Why they bothered with a throttle, I have no idea. They should have just put a set screw in the throttle slide and put the kill button on the right side.

Suzuki TM400.PNG

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Shawn_Mc said:

Let me introduce you to the 1972 Suzuki TM400. Better known as "The Widow Maker"

Suzuki TM400.PNG

400cc 2t with tiny forks, twin shocks, and brakes that don’t work. What could go wrong? 
I’ve always said if your current bike handles badly ride a YZ490 and you’ll stop complaining really fast...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Into the sunset said:

400cc 2t with tiny forks, twin shocks, and brakes that don’t work. What could go wrong? 

What made that bike so gnarly was the ignition.  I think it was Suzuki's first attempt at an electronic ignition.  It went from full retard to full advance instantly, and not always at the same rpm.  

There were reports of guys putting the enduro points-style ignition on it and it was night & day better.

• Like 1