First look at the red ktms

1 minute ago, Z O SICK said:

True on a lot of accounts.  Haters gonna hate lol.  Just think if KTM pulled out of SX how many would be out of a job.  

KTM is kind of like Trump. They came in and looked around at the status quo and knew they could do better. The Jap brands are kinda like the deep state and they like things to stay the same even though there is A LOT of room for improvement. Trump/KTM just keeps on winning! 

• Like 13
  • Helpful 1
  • Sad 1

I'll just say this, Husqvarna sales in the U.S. use to be shit. Now look at them. I use to think I was super cool back in 2000 being the only retard on a Husky.....made by Cagiva! I realized quickly why I was the only. GASGAS was/is shit in the U.S. for sales. Lets see what happens now! 

Edited by Mongo134
  • Like 3
  • Helpful 1

15 minutes ago, Mongo134 said:

I'll just say this, Husqvarna sales in the U.S. use to be shit. Now look at them. I use to think I was super cool back in 2000 being the only retard on a Husky.....made by Cagiva! I realized quickly why I was the only. GASGAS was/is shit in the U.S. for sales. Lets see what happens now! 

I assume some of it is they just don't have a race bike ready to go yet. But I never thought Gasgas would be in MX anyways. I get the Husky/KTM thing but if there is a 3rd brand in the mix that is still basically the same bike, that just seems weird. I guess we will see what happens. Either way, everything BBA said is true, so I'm not trash talking. Just think it is weird, as far as MX.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ah665 said:

I assume some of it is they just don't have a race bike ready to go yet. But I never thought Gasgas would be in MX anyways. I get the Husky/KTM thing but if there is a 3rd brand in the mix that is still basically the same bike, that just seems weird. I guess we will see what happens. Either way, everything BBA said is true, so I'm not trash talking. Just think it is weird, as far as MX.

True but I bet they sell like hotcakes. I'm curious to see if they keep the trials line or kill it. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ah665 said:

I don't understand what this accomplishes. It's already kinda of weird how similar the KTM/Husky is.

It fulfills their end of the agreement to not shut down the plants in Spain (part of the buyout deal iirc). Once that agreement runs out my guess is they stop making GG enduros.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, racermx66 said:

It's cool to see another brand in motocross, but they'll be red KTMs. I'll give credit to KTM for keeping other brands alive. From a business stand point I'm not really sure why KTM would use their bikes with another manufacturer's name and only change a few small things to make them appear different. I would love to see KTM invest in Bultaco, Montesa, and/or Ossa. Come on KTM, GIVE ME A DUAL SPORT BULTACO!!!!! I wouldn't care if it is a rebadged KTM.:banana:  

I guess I have some foresight.

In 2012 I bought a 350 EXC and &%$#@!EN HATED ORANGE.  

As a kid I wanted a Penton so bad, I knew this would never be in my grasp but I saved like hell.

When I had the money finally saved to buy a bike Penton's were gone and now where called KTM

and everybody built a better bike.  So after a little bit of memory in research and a small parting of cash 

from a timely Black Friday sale I had a real true to life historical correct Penton. 

IMG_4795_zps2b360324.jpg

IMG_4814_zps4798ba7f.jpg

• Like 13

9 minutes ago, Babyarmholdingapple said:

As a kid I wanted a Penton so bad, I knew this would never be in my grasp but I saved like hell.

When I had the money finally saved to buy a bike Penton's were gone and now where called KTM

and everybody built a better bike.  So after a little bit of memory in research and a small parting of cash 

from a timely Black Friday sale I had a real true to life historical correct Penton. 

IMG_4795_zps2b360324.jpg

IMG_4814_zps4798ba7f.jpg

Penton never made a god awful four stroke! 😁 By the way I love the look of your bike!

Edited by katoom64
  • Like 4
  • Helpful 1

56 minutes ago, BBA said:

KTM is kind of like Trump. They came in and looked around at the status quo and knew they could do better. The Jap brands are kinda like the deep state and they like things to stay the same even though there is A LOT of room for improvement. Trump/KTM just keeps on winning! 

Like Trump, people are going to hate, just to hate.  Some would rather have the same ole jap bike just for the sake of not having change.  KTM is great for our sport, some fail to see this because they don't want to try something new.  Not to get into politics (but I will for a sec) but Trump has been good for a lot of us.  And like the democrats, they are jealous that a guy with no political experience has done more good for this country in the pasts 3 year than Osoma did in 8.  Facts are the facts.  Just liek the jap bikes only improved when KTM made a bettermouse trap.       

• Like 4
  • Helpful 2

13 minutes ago, Babyarmholdingapple said:

IMG_4795_zps2b360324.jpg

IMG_4814_zps4798ba7f.jpg

All I see is a white KTM where it's this penton you speak of?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Babyarmholdingapple said:

one step above a Cannondale 

It was a beast though. That is if you could get it started. Left side kicker and horrid Mazzuchi suspension. My nephew wanted it sooo bad when I was selling it. I refused at first but he was persistent.....so I sold it to him. Took him out to FH afyer he bought it from me. One dislocated shoulder and two broken ribs later, he never touched that 610 Husky again! 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Husqvarna6 said:

I like that Ktm is helping the sport but it sure would’ve been nice if they would’ve left kyb on the gas gas instead of making it an exact replica of the orange ktm

I don't think the KYB on the GASGAS is the same as you get (SS) on the Yamaha. I could be wrong. I bought a YZ450 not long ago just because of the suspension alone. It is magic! 

Edited by Mongo134
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, BBA said:

Yea I'm curious with all of these Jap brand loyalist poking fun of the new GasGas what they think of how the big four brands have contributed in progressing the sport in the last 15 years? What's that?!? You can't come up with much new technology or growth from the Jap brands?? That's ok, KTM has brought your Japanese models less weight, hydro clutches, e-start, better components and even a couple of new offroad models, all courtesy of KTM. Now I don't expect you KTM haters to give them credit for not only growing our sport but also pretty much single handedly keeping professional XC racing alive in the US but that's ok since we know you'll never acknowledge their goals or accomplishments.  

Yes; but did they reverse the cylinder??

Ah ha, gotcha there

1 hour ago, Mongo134 said:

True but I bet they sell like hotcakes. I'm curious to see if they keep the trials line or kill it. 

The trials bikes are THE reason why KTM bought the controlling stake in GasGas.  Think about it:  KTM already has a very dominant enduro lineup; they have a non-existent trials lineup.  The trials bikes are the only thing GG had that KTM wants.  I'm surprised that they even kept the enduro line alive at all.  The only way I see it fitting in is if it's a lower cost option, to try and lure away some of the budget-minded Japanese bike buyers.  But that's a very fine line to walk, as it'd be easy to to cannibalize sales of their higher priced / higher margin orange and white/blue bikes.

I personally don't think it's gonna work, and GG enduro won't be around a few years from now.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Mongo134 said:

I don't think the KYB on the GASGAS is the same as you get (SS) on the Yamaha. I could be wrong. I bought a YZ450 not long ago just because of the suspension alone. It is magic! 

I don't know the answer to that for sure or not, but I think pretty much everyone that rode an 18/19 GasGas agreed that the suspension was fantastic.  The 18/19 models were actually selling quite well in the US, with demand increasing significantly year-over-year.  But piss-poor corporate management screwed everything up, not bike quality or performance.

It's definitely a shame the way it's all gone down the last year or so, because they had a lot of potential to legitimately compete with the orange bikes.

4 minutes ago, sneaky98gt said:

The trials bikes are THE reason why KTM bought the controlling stake in GasGas.  Think about it:  KTM already has a very dominant enduro lineup; they have a non-existent trials lineup.  The trials bikes are the only thing GG had that KTM wants.  I'm surprised that they even kept the enduro line alive at all.  The only way I see it fitting in is if it's a lower cost option, to try and lure away some of the budget-minded Japanese bike buyers.  But that's a very fine line to walk, as it'd be easy to to cannibalize sales of their higher priced / higher margin orange and white/blue bikes.

I personally don't think it's gonna work, and GG enduro won't be around a few years from now.

I really think a major FU was sent to Honda saying our shit line looks like your bike.

I had read the trials aspect too and agree but the MX team is pure smear and if Honda responds we all win.