Test riding the best 250F on the planet.....

So many thought Keefer / Pulp would be eventually riding this bike. Ends up that Pat from Swap Moto got to be the lucky one. That story / drama isquite entertaining for those who follow it. Anyways, here is the test of what many (myself included) would consider the high-mark of 250F machines. Sounds like it would be a blast to ride but also, in a way, not much of advantage for those w/o the skill to use it. Enjoy.

spacer.png

https://www.swapmotolive.com/we-ride-justin-coopers-monster-energy-star-racing-yamaha-yz250f/features/

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

I was actually a bit surprised how he said it was very demanding to ride. I would expect that from a full-factory 450 but I guess I expected a 250F to maybe just be so awesome that it would make riding it that much easier. But it almost sounded like he was a bit shocked that it took a lot to ride, in some ways. Also, I thought it would be 350-like, but it seemed not as tame as a 350, but pull forever, like a 350 does.

I dunno, maybe for some. I feel like stock, 250Fs are the easiest bikes to ride fast, for most casual racers and also the easiest bikes for beginners to do well on. So I feel like Pat being an A-rider would've just gushed over how perfect it was. Instead, he almost seemed surprised that is was like razor's edge in every aspect. The chassis stuff, isn't really 250F specific. I was picturing in my head how he said the bike felt glued to the ground, which ended up being a negative in some aspects, like braking bumps etc.

Just goes to show that 1) stock bikes these days are just so good. 2) Factory pros are just incredible talents and their bikes , while amazing, are really only amazing because they can meet those rider's demands, which most of us do not have. 

Edited by ah665
  • Like 1
  • Helpful 1