Husqvarna 701 Long Range Model Hits Dealer Floors

NEW LONG RANGE ENDURO MACHINE FOR EXTENDED ON ROAD AND OFF-ROAD TOURING

image.png

March 4, 2020 – (Motor Sports NewsWire) – Husqvarna Motorcycles are pleased to announce the release of the 2020 701 Enduro LR, the new long range enduro machine for riders wanting to travel further. Offering additional touring capabilities thanks to its increased fuel capacity of 25 litres, the 701 Enduro LR features the same advanced electronics as the highly popular 701 Enduro.

image.png

KEEP THE RIDE GOING

Bred from Husqvarna Motorcycles’ 701 Enduro, the brand new 701 Enduro LR provides astounding power-to-weight performance, a ride-by-wire throttle system and carefully engineered ergonomics. With its fully integrated 25-litre fuel tanks, it is the perfect machine for extended, adrenaline-filled onroad or offroad adventures, allowing up to 500 km distances between fuel stops.

The renowned, torquey, 74 hp single-cylinder 692.7 cc engine offers a perfectly linear power delivery in all riding conditions. Fitted with cornering ABS, lean angle sensitive traction control, switchable ride modes and easy shift as standard, the 701 Enduro LR is capable of serious adventure riding and long-distance touring.

image.png

Extremely well-balanced and delivering impressive agility and handling, the 701 Enduro LR comes fitted with fully adjustable 48 mm WP XPLOR upside-down forks and a WP XPLOR rear shock, offering 250 mm of wheel travel and excellent all-terrain capabilities.

The 701 Enduro LR comes with its own unique new graphics. Strikingly individual, it features progressive colours that guarantee they stand out in style.

image.png

TECHNICAL HIGHLIGHTS

=> Lightweight, integrated fuel tanks – additional 12-litre capacity, +/- 500 km range
=> Switchable Ride Modes – change power characteristics while riding
=> Bosch cornering ABS – lean angle specific braking technology
=> Easy Shift function – seamless up- and down shifting for a smoother ride
=> Lean-angle sensitive Motorcycle Traction Control – perfect rear wheel traction
=> Chromium-molybdenum steel trellis frame – amazing agility and stability
=> Aluminium swingarm – extremely low weight for maximum traction and stability
=> Polyamide rear subframe with integrated fuel tank – high-tech, single-piece construction

Ensuring all 701 Enduro LR riders are fully prepared for their next adventure, the Functional Clothing Offroad 2020 collection offers high-quality items that guarantee protection, all-round functionality and comfort. Husqvarna Motorcycles also offer an extensive line-up of Accessories – high-quality items that add additional protection, durability and style to all 701 Enduro LR machines.

The 2020 701 Enduro LR is available at all authorised Husqvarna Motorcycles Dealers from March onwards. Availabilities may differ from country to country.

For all details on pricing and availability please refer to your national Husqvarna Motorcycles Subsidiary or Importer.

Source: Husqvarna Motorcycles GmbH
image.png

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

"Easy shift..."

I wouldn't want to ride a lap with that crap. 

• Haha 1

Give me a 250cc with a 3-1/2 and I’ll be happy.

• Helpful 1
  • Confused 3

17 hours ago, woods-rider said:

Damn that tank if FUGLY.

Yup. But, fuel has to go somewhere...👍

• Like 3

Nuclear powered........................ it's 2020 damn it!

• Haha 3

I heard they are now discounting the short ride 701 by $5,000. :devil:

• Haha 1

A real off road bike with KLR650 fuel capacity...it's a great option for long haul riders in fuel scarce areas.  I've gone as far as 250+ miles in a day in S. Utah where I couldn't get fuel on a ride.  It's a good option if you're riding places like that.  Looking cool on a slim bike kinda sucks when you're sitting on the side of a remote trail/road out of gas.  I believe Husky and KTM make another version of this bike with a smaller tank if you're so inclined.

• Like 5

Long range tanks make sense in the desert Southwest or Australia... Just don't need it were I ride. ~200 mile range is all I need. Several riding buddies have come to the same concussion. 

Cracks me up to see a 690 with very low miles up for sale with the full Rally tank setup... How many times did you run low on fuel before you bought all that crap??? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've had a GS 800 and a KLR650 and now am putting together a Dr 650. I'm going for plain and simple, relativly light, cheap. Air/oil cooled,carb, no computer, etc. We'll see.

• Like 6

It would be great bike without all the rider aid electronics.

• Like 1

Words fail me. A shitload more electronics to go wrong far from home. Big tank makes sense but little else.

If you switched most of those electric aids off I doubt Mr. Average would even notice.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, tahoefd said:

I've had a GS 800 and a KLR650 and now am putting together a Dr 650. I'm going for plain and simple, relativly light, cheap. Air/oil cooled,carb, no computer, etc. We'll see.

Get rid of the ignition switch too, caused our group delays a couple times on DR's and Klr's

On 3/6/2020 at 2:36 PM, highmarker said:

Get rid of the ignition switch too, caused our group delays a couple times on DR's and Klr's

What happened and how did you fix it on the road. Are you suggesting to remove the ignition switch/key altogether. I'm new to the DR and haven't read about this issue.

Just thinkin'...

What kind of range would there be if someone got the LR edition, then installed the RADE tank where the air cleaner sits?

Would that be called the "ULR?" (Ultra Long Range?)

I might call it the "bladder buster!"

That's gotta be close to 7 gallons? 

On 3/5/2020 at 2:39 PM, DrKayak said:

Long range tanks make sense in the desert Southwest or Australia... Just don't need it were I ride. ~200 mile range is all I need. Several riding buddies have come to the same concussion. 

Cracks me up to see a 690 with very low miles up for sale with the full Rally tank setup... How many times did you run low on fuel before you bought all that crap??? 

Yeah ive never done close to dry on my stock 3.2, i used to run out of gas on my drz all the time but ive got 150 plus on the 701. That's plenty in Oregon. Im going to BC again this summer (look at the BucketList thread) and i'll need maybe 190 range one day so i'll bring a bladder or rotopax. Having all that extra width and weight the rest of the time is unnecessary unless you're in the Outback or cruising the Atacama. Or maybe you just want to ride your dual sport nonstop from Tahoe to San Diego. 😂

• Like 1

When you're low on go-juice, remember what you said about my big ugly tank before you ask for a squirt, okay? Negative fuel brings your Vonderscoot to a dead stop. There are many times and places in this sorry old world where an extra gallon or two of liquid can make a big difference. It can make a big difference in decisions after you've burnt a gallon or two.

• Like 1