ThumperTalk

Major Moto Parts Distributor Picking up Intense LLC eBikes

LeMANS CORP. BRINGS E-BIKES and E-BIKE PG&A CATEGORY TO POWERSPORTS DISTRIBUTION 

unnamed (29).jpg

At its recent 2020 NVP Product Expo in Louisville, Kentucky, LeMans Corporation, parent company to Parts Unlimited and Drag Specialties, brought in renowned high-end mountain bike innovator INTENSE LLC to showcase their new moto-inspired concept EMountain bike.  A forum was provided for dealers and vendors to share their experience with and opinions on this emerging market. The INTENSE Tazer MX E-bike was met with great interest and sparked many discussions on and off the Expo floor, as the emobility category starts to gain a foothold in Powersports dealerships across the country. 

“Pedal-assist bicycles are quickly becoming a significant segment in our industry.” said Jeff Derge, VP of Sales for LeMans. “Many of the motorcycle OEMs are now selling Ebikes in Europe and the U.S.A. and offering models that cover many riding styles. EMTB, Road, Gravel, Commuter and Urban are some of most popular styles that are interesting for the Powersports channel. 

unnamed (1).png

Mark your calendars, we will be launching the INTENSE Tazer MX and an initial line of PG&A at our 2020 Fall NVP Expo in Madison, WI on August 22nd and 23rd!   We’ll have products and experts on hand to speak with you about this new category, and like always we will have the top brands, and manufacturer representatives showing their new and top-selling products from every category in Powersports and American V-Twin.” 

“INTENSE has always engaged in and been inspired by motorsports with motocross and off-road motorcycling closely tied to our company’s history and products,” said INTENSE CEO Jeff Steber. “With the development of the Tazer, we created a true E-performance category in bicycling – innovating how E-MTB’s ride and perform while elevating the overall performance of the entire segment. With our new partnership with Parts Unlimited, we will be able to deliver a powersports-industry specific Tazer model to motorsports dealerships that’s made just for them.”  

unnamed (2).png

LeMans Corp. welcomes this opportunity to bring awareness and products of this growing market to our network of dealers.    

Visit the INTENSE Tazer MX page: https://intensecycles.com/pages/tazermx for a special message from Ryan Dungey, Tazer MX Tech Specs, and sign-up for more information as it becomes available.

About INTENSE LLC:   INTENSE LLC, founded in 1993, is an innovator in the MTB industry with bold, striking designs, engineered to compete at the pinnacle of the sport. We are driven to bring world-cup proven technology to passionate riders worldwide. Racing is our True North. We are INTENSE. 

About Parts Unlimited and Drag Specialties: Parts Unlimited and Drag Specialties, owned by LeMans Corporation, are the world’s largest distributors of aftermarket accessories in the powersports industry. Headquartered in Janesville, Wisconsin, Parts Unlimited & Drag Specialties sell to over 12,000 dealerships worldwide and continue to expand their market penetration with their sister companies, Parts Canada, and Parts Europe. Parts Unlimited & Drag Specialties are committed to bringing the best quality parts and fast, friendly service that both dealers and consumers can count on with warehouses and inventory across the country. As enthusiasts and participants, you’re sure to find Parts Unlimited and Drag Specialties at race events and dealer trade shows across the country. We support the sport ® 

• Like 1

these things are getting really awesome...but I'm not ready to be their guinea pig

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8K or higher is pretty standard for a high end carbon mtb with all the bells and whistles. MTB guys are always complaining about their bikes being the same price as a dirt bike.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

44 minutes ago, rratsbor said:

8K or higher is pretty standard for a high end carbon mtb with all the bells and whistles. MTB guys are always complaining about their bikes being the same price as a dirt bike.

Paying 8k and having to pedal uphill? Suckas!😁 

If I was going e, I'd buy a Sur Ron for $3,500ish and pocket the other $4k or so for whatever.

image.png

• Like 9
  • Helpful 2

24 minutes ago, Bryan Bosch said:

If I was going e, I'd buy a Sur Ron for $3,500ish and pocket the other $4k or so for whatever.

image.png

I almost made that leap...still might. Heard they got a new one coming

1 hour ago, Slackkinhard said:

I almost made that leap...still might. Heard they got a new one coming

I've been seeing if any pop up used on CL or Fakebook marketplace. Never know! I back up to woods not open to gassers, but ebike wouldn't be a problem. Ride from my backyard would be sweet on lunch!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bryan Bosch said:

I've been seeing if any pop up used on CL or Fakebook marketplace. Neve know! I back up to woods not open to gassers, but ebike wouldn't be a problem. Ride from my backyard would be sweet on lunch!

future's so bright 😎

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Good for Intense, but they've not exactly had the most stellar reputation with quality and service. I used/worked with their product for many years, and they've always had excuse why 'that' generation had problems, but the next one will be good. So they said for every generation. 

Edit: Crap...I didn't want my first post with this account to be a negative comment. I didn't realized I hadn't used it to comment yet. If only my old account could still have been accessed. 

Edited by 2Wheel-Lee
  • Haha 1

My local dealer started selling Specialized e-bikes.  If someone was smart they might sell these as an entry point for motorcycle riders that aren't sure they can handle a powered bike.  The price is still too high imo.

• Like 1

While I agree that the prices on some of these high end MTB e-assist bikes are somewhat high, they are quite amazing IMO.  If you're an MTB'er and a dirt motor guy, you can appreciate just how good they are.  MTB suspension for one has gotten extremely sophisticated.  These long travel, big tire, MTB bikes are unbelievable in even the pedal-only models.  The e-assist models are as fun to ride as a dirt motor on real trail conditions.  Those who haven't experienced a modern, long travel, big tire MTB have no idea how good they are in even horrendous terrain.

Specialized and Trek have built some awesome e-assist bikes, and with more and more companies getting into the field, I think prices will come down a bit and quality and performance will get even better.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bryan Bosch said:

image.png

I was surprised by that comparison , Thanks for posting that..  man that thing has been tempting me.

We have an abandoned golf course nearby i;ve snuck into on the dualsport but that would be an awesome stealth machine there. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have a Trek EBike that I love since I have exercise induced asthma and riding a regular MTB just kills me. Mine is around 60lbs and no mention of weight or range in their ad that I seen. So new models now are in the 30lbs range and from bicycle manufacturers. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, typhoon said:

I have a Trek EBike that I love since I have exercise induced asthma and riding a regular MTB just kills me. Mine is around 60lbs and no mention of weight or range in their ad that I seen. So new models now are in the 30lbs range and from bicycle manufacturers. 

The PR has a link to their site with full specs.

I would love to have an e mountain bike but the cost has gotten out of hand. I'll buy a 2020 BETA 200 dirt bike for the same price and pedal my Specialized in the trail. When the cost gets reasonable I'm all over it. 

Do you guys remember the full electric wheel that you could just add to your own bike? Around $1k Copenhagen wheel or something? I'll pay 1k all day for a product to convert my mountain bike to pedal assist, but 8k or Specialized at $10k+ um no!

Posted (edited)

That Lemans e-bike sounds killer. The Sur Ron X is intriguing too, can’t wait to see the Sur Ron Storm Bee or Boom Bee whatever it’s called full sized dirt bike. 

I really need to start playing the lottery. 

Ive been very curious about the recent e-mountain bikes and kinda have resisted trying one cause I know I will love it and then I’d have to rob a bank but I’m too lazy to do that. 

And then I see this, Danny MacAskill on the new Santa Cruz e-bike, was really curious if he would like it. The dude’s hard core. He loves it! 

Crap. Now there’s no denying these e-bikes can be super fun. 

Edited by Woods_Rider
  • Like 1

Being honest, I would just go to a Bike Dealer for a Bicycle/Ebike.... I would not go to a Moto Dealer.  But I guess it sort of smart, I just don't see it working all that well for Parts Unlimited.  Plus they are old school in their business practices... maybe that is changing.

Some one above said an ebike is as fun as a Motorcycle.... never!   Fun yes and I have a Haibike Nduro that was in the 8k range a few  years ago... and good for its task, but NEVER as fun as real power, and the ability to wheely over multiple sand whoops and jump the way a mx'er does... and the feeling you get with real power going uphill.  I do really like to MTB, but never as much as Moto.

10 minutes ago, Antigravity Batteries said:

Being honest, I would just go to a Bike Dealer for a Bicycle/Ebike.... I would not go to a Moto Dealer.  But I guess it sort of smart, I just don't see it working all that well for Parts Unlimited.  Plus they are old school in their business practices... maybe that is changing.

I love the idea but I do get stuff from Parts Unlimited at cost from my local dealer. 

17 hours ago, indy rider said:

I love the idea but I do get stuff from Parts Unlimited at cost from my local dealer. 

So do I :)  In my DH days I use to salivate at Intense frame sets but I agree their rep wasnt that good :(  I am willing to pardon a lot of things if made in US/Can (Are intense still made in Cali?)