ThumperTalk

Ford Shows Dealers Its Sub-$20,000 Small Pickup Coming Next Year

On 3/18/2020 at 2:07 PM, dangerzone002 said:

My Ram Ecodiesel would like to join to discussion.  V6 turbo diesel that gets me 23 mpg mixed, 28 mpg highway in a full size truck. 

But slow. I get 14.5 in the same truck with 430hp, much better deal. 😂

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, InsaneClownPossum said:

But slow. I get 14.5 in the same truck with 430hp, much better deal. 😂

Definitely not he fastest truck out there.  With a tune it can move well enough for me!

Edited by dangerzone002
  • Like 1

On 3/11/2020 at 6:24 PM, zig06 said:

Not that I'm trying to compensate for anything but I really do need a "truck" to haul my dirt bikes, even found one that matches up with my old RMZ:

image.png.953f09d6051a6b35e51f8ff4791a1fcf.png

Even got an RV that ups my real deep seeded image of myself:

image.png.8fdd274671bd9ca50cf610ef884362ef.png

But to be honest, this is probably all I really need - and it'll actually fit in my garage at night...

image.png.0d68b6baf7e97224faa6e8493bfc711c.png

I didn't know lesbians rode Yamaha, i though KTM was the dyke of choice. 

• Like 1

After reading this thread and thinking about it, I have surrendered my enormous impossible to park long bed oil burner to the FCA gods in exchange for a Citiboi model with an environmentally friendly gas motor and a back up camera. Though the new truck is much easier to live with and whisper quiet, i'm still adjusting to putting on panties every morning. 

20200322_161406.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, InsaneClownPossum said:

After reading this thread and thinking about it, I have surrendered my enormous impossible to park long bed oil burner to the FCA gods in exchange for a Citiboi model with an environmentally friendly gas motor and a back up camera. Though the new truck is much easier to live with and whisper quiet, i'm still adjusting to putting on panties every morning. 

20200322_161406.jpg

Are you also taping now too? I hear that makes the panty thing easier. 

• Helpful 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Adam N. said:

Well, I like a low bed hight but that's a little too low.  Still, imagine how short a ramp you could use to load your KTM into that thing. 

Chevy drivers have better sense than to buy  ktm .....

• Like 1

8 hours ago, M E T A L A C I D said:

Mini trucks? Hell Chevy had some killer models back in the day, I think the new Chevy Colorado is bad to the bone!🤘image.png.e887b20c4bada961b37296ccfa9f9b1c.pngimage.png.96bddf52769f0efa8221920b43e55f21.pngimage.png.9cafd6ff9542dd6a5fa3474b03a9f63f.pngimage.png.cc2b6b46f152e137423ca1dd46d0a3bd.png

By no measure is the new Colorado/Canyon a mini.

5 hours ago, kcposty said:

Solid choice. Drive great, good mileage (24.3 mpg over the past 40k with many stretches at 80 mph) awd traction modes are very effective. Superb resale value.20191120_223108.jpg

The Honda is more than stout enough for my needs. Bike, lawnmower and lawn care needs are about it. But when I go to look at one I MIGHT find two or three total if I visit four ot five dealers. Ridiculous. If I see one on the road in a month is is unusual. If the dealers can't stock/sell many I have to wonder if resale will be good. Especially if Honda drops them as I hear could happen if sales don't increase. .

16 minutes ago, Piney Woods said:

The Honda is more than stout enough for my needs. Bike, lawnmower and lawn care needs are about it. But when I go to look at one I MIGHT find two or three total if I visit four ot five dealers. Ridiculous. If I see one on the road in a month is is unusual. If the dealers can't stock/sell many I have to wonder if resale will be good. Especially if Honda drops them as I hear could happen if sales don't increase. .

Get me advance intel as I’d like to scoop one up before gone. Don’t want to miss out like the Honda Element. 😿

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Piney Woods said:

stop waffling like you have with bikes and buy one YH!

• Helpful 1
  • Haha 1

Sold Fords for over 40 years, when they dropped the Ranger, Ford explained the price and fuel economy was almost the same as the full size truck.  People who live in apts or near the beach or places that have limited parking don't care so much about the price and the fuel as much as it fitting thru an 8 ft wide garage door or the parking space in front of their house.  If Jim Farley is involved it will be a winner, just make sure it can carry to bikes.

1 hour ago, DEMI said:

stop waffling like you have with bikes and buy one YH!

All things in good time! And the available colors are bland also. I luv waffles.

• Like 3

Everything in Texas is big, the Ridgeline is probably not big enough. My local KC dealer has at least 8 on the lot. 3 in my neighborhood. Even if you dont like the color drive one then go drive a Colorado.
  • Helpful 1

The last time Honda made the Ridgeline, we knew the end was coming. In the 1st quarter of it last calender year they sold under 50 nationwide.  They tried to market it like a truck, remember it is front wheel drive.  A few years before it was introduced Dodge had a concept truck that was based on a Caravan, scrapped it as didn't think the public would by a FWD truck.

4 hours ago, kcposty said:
7 hours ago, Piney Woods said:

Read more  

Everything in Texas is big, the Ridgeline is probably not big enough. My local KC dealer has at least 8 on the lot. 3 in my neighborhood. Even if you dont like the color drive one then go drive a Colorado.

Ive never seen a not black ridgeline. 

13 hours ago, InsaneClownPossum said:

There's no dealer close enough to him. You wouldn't understand, it's a BFE Texas thing. 

One mile. They have had ONE in stock since 11-19.  Sold three total in 19.

• Haha 1

On 3/25/2020 at 12:10 PM, InsaneClownPossum said:

Sounds like there's a deal to be had there.  Lowball time. 

No, only one for sale in inventory in that time period. Not one that has sat there unsold, sorry. Local Chevy, Ford, Ram dealers have 50-100 trucks to look at, Honda maybe one-two at best. And I understand why, they just aren't in demand at all.

3 hours ago, Piney Woods said:

No, only one for sale in inventory in that time period. Not one that has sat there unsold, sorry. Local Chevy, Ford, Ram dealers have 50-100 trucks to look at, Honda maybe one-two at best. And I understand why, they just aren't in demand at all.

Or Honda has decided to embrace strategic just in time manufacturing and distribution techniques to meet regional customer demand to maximize efficiencies and profit.

• Like 1