ThumperTalk

Haul Ass to the Trails, Then Haul Ass on the Trails!

2021 RAM 1500 Rebel to get 700hp Hellcat Engine

image.png

Based upon the Rebel TRX Concept that it unveiled in 2016, we're getting close to a full reveal. Although some are speculating that it will be online vs. at a big car show because of the Coronavirus. Time will tell.

Power is expected to be sent through an HD all wheel drive system via an 8 speed automatic. No 0-60 times have been released, but rumor is right at 4 seconds. 

No pricing yet, but we're sure it will be expensive and not approved by Greta Thundberg or 98.3% of the residences of Berkeley CA.

• Like 6
  • Helpful 1
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, MVI said:

Damn, if it has 8 lug HD running gear and select-able lockers, that will be a beast.

HD for a 1500 Rebel, not 2500 PowerWagon.  Doubt you'll see 8 lugs and Dana 60/70's...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Well I'm excited for this thing to come out! Looks like some good competition for the Ford Rapture and I've been waiting for that for a long time because I don't think that the ford rapture is all that great. Looks like a beast and I can't wait to hear this thing whine as you give it hell! I just hope that it'll still be good for hauling and that they put a beefy transom in it, although that light/tire rack seems like a bit much, It would look better and also be more functional if they just removed the rear tire rack and kept the "roll cage" on the bedsides.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ThumperTalk said:

2021 RAM 1500 Rebel to get 700hp Hellcat Engine

image.png

Based upon the Rebel TRX Concept that it unveiled in 2016, we're getting close to a full reveal. Although some are speculating that it will be online vs. at a big car show because of the Coronavirus. Time will tell.

Power is expected to be sent through an HD all wheel drive system via an 8 speed automatic. No 0-60 times have been released, but rumor is right at 4 seconds. 

No pricing yet, but we're sure it will be expensive and not approved by Greta Thundberg or 98.3% of the residences of Berkeley CA.

I couldn't afford to ride, all my money would be tied up in putting fuel in the truck... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm still wishing for another Dakota X-tra Cab with a small, efficient V-8. Mine were the perfect size for me

Should appeal to the same crowd that buys Raptor's...which isn't me. I don't quite understand the mega-dollar factory offroad pickups. I wouldn't want to wheel something that was that pretty and cost's that much. If I want a wheeler, I can build one for a lot less...if I'm after a truck, there are many other's that would do a better job at truck stuff.

• Like 2

That is a Ram and they are good looking but I just can't trust Fiat for anything mechanical. ;)

• Like 1

Nice truck.

I had a '68 GTO in 1969 and couldn't afford to keep gas and Tiger Paws on the bitch between pay days.  That truck looks like the same problem with more expensive tires.

• Haha 2

On 3/13/2020 at 4:16 AM, MVI said:

Damn, if it has 8 lug HD running gear and select-able lockers, that will be a beast.

Looks like six lug...

4 minutes ago, RichieGoatGruff said:

Looks like six lug...

We need smaller trucks here in the States, not bigger. Sick of everything getting so big its a pain to park and can tow 10x as much as I'd ever need to. Plus these sport offroad trucks are just for image as they have lower towing capacities and pretty crappy street manners.

I know I'm a minority here but a small 4cyl turbo diesel would be great like they have in other countries. You can even get them in offroad versions, when I was in the the Philippines this December they have Ford Ranger Raptor with a 2.0L turbo diesel. That would handle better for offroad, tons of torque, and just more fun to drive and probably gets 35mpg.

I drive the closest thing there is here, a VW Sportwagen TDI lol and I can get 38mpg towing a a 4x8 trailer with a bike if I stay under 65 and 34mpg at 70. Put a truck bed on it and I guarantee you will get 45-50mpg( I have gone as high at 55mpg staying between 45-55mph on country roads) and you could add awd at a 2-3mpg loss. Btw the same car is rated to tow 3500lbs in Europe(with manual or auto) but only 1000lbs here(only on manual 0lbs on auto). 

• Like 2

Totally agree with Skywalker!!

I bought a new 2003 F250 6 pack to haul my kids and animals for 4H. 115K later it's still a great truck but it still gets 12 mpg on a gas v8 and I can't take it to town with the intention of parking in many spots. I bought a 08 Frontier and it gets 19 mpg but I can park it almost anywhere and it pulls what I need. It would be a wonderful truck with a small turbo diesel and 35 mpg. 

Maybe it's loosing the glow of youth but 700 hp has very little use in the lives of most people...yeah I still have my son's 300 hp 75 Blazer to drive because he can't afford gas for it. Yeah I still do wheelies with my DRZ's and plan a V6 transplant into my '58 FC 150 Willis or maybe I'll look for one of those smelly little diesels that will still light up the tires.

Yea I have pro4x frontier that get 18-21mpg depending how much hypermiling I do but I hate spending so much on gas so I didnt do many trips until now that I have a car that doesnt kill my bank account to drive. In the process of getting it ready to sell if any offroad loving peeps want a good truck  with only 35k miles lol

5 hours ago, MVI said:

Bed looks too small to haul two dirt bikes and gear for a weekend ride

It's not. It's likely not to come w/ the two spares. Install the likely available tailgate extender and between the bed and rear seat, plenty of room for a weekend of gear for two riders. We used weekend for two out of Chevy Luv.  Bed was a bit longer, but not wider and no rear seat.