MarantzManiac

Anyone else doing Beta solo rides while social distancing?

15 minutes ago, MarantzManiac said:

Anyone else doing Beta solo rides while social distancing?

0315201350a_HDR.jpg

0315201351_HDR.jpg

0315201351.jpg

Don’t need to be solo. Got a helmet and gloves on and outside and away from most people. . That’s maybe the safest place. Can be with a group. I was going today but it’s the 1 year anniversary of my Dad’s passing. I’ll go probably tomorrow. We must celebrate being alive and being lucky enough to go ride. Life is short. Today was a cluster&%$#@! with my family arguing. I should have gone riding. My Dad would have appreciated it. He called Sundays the Holy day of motorcycles. He was a hardcore motorcyclist on the road and in the dirt. He made races.. cutting trails.. drag raced.. raced off-road hard enduro type hare and hounds. He loved riding and he was pretty good for starting dirt riding in his 30’s. 

But yea go riding and avoid the Corona virus. That’s the smart thing to do.. 

some old pics of my Dad..

B9BF9259-A170-4F10-AE65-AD15A2310DEE.jpeg

719B836C-88FF-4FC7-A8EE-72C7F0095DED.jpeg

0C8C4EE6-4B7C-45BC-9531-2D808A009AFB.jpeg

F73279B5-1DF6-46BC-8633-A0AF2053962F.jpeg

162DA4A7-546E-4225-9EB2-3BED574C7729.jpeg

4B39C42F-9091-4452-BD08-AEC97A517B93.jpeg

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 32
  • Helpful 3

We'll be socially distant with a small group next weekend...looking forward to it. Dare I say- NEED IT.

Ready to get away from the combination of depressing media and panic. 

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

Yep, @Hammy. and I, and some other friends are going to go get away from the lemmings for a few days. 72 hours and counting 

image.thumb.png.efe680e2cd3b8392ea8a5c804e52a203.png

image.png.4a78d6efca78657176241dc194a35723.png

• Like 12
  • Helpful 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Hammy. said:

We'll be socially distant with a small group next weekend...looking forward to it. Dare I say- NEED IT.

Ready to get away from the combination of depressing media and panic. 

Hey Ham, you by chance going with that red hurricane wacko huh? 

Edited by 2milehighspike
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, 2milehighspike said:

Hey Ham, you by chance going with that red hurricane wacko?

sure am...we're getting on the road thur eve. See you there?

Edited by Hammy.
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Hammy. said:

Hayell yeaaaya ! Will be there early Friday morning, but I’m a lot closer to ground zero than you guys!

Edited by 2milehighspike
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hammy. said:

Your signature line is hilarious. 

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Cycle_Path said:

Was doing just that today

FBDA5204-F287-425C-A77E-F17C7D9E894D.jpeg

FA2E9D94-150B-41A7-B577-96A52BDC0484.jpeg

I tink I see da pot O'gold laddy! (beware da little papel)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

Don’t need to be solo. Got a helmet and gloves on and outside and away from most people. . That’s maybe the safest place. Can be with a group. I was going today but it’s the 1 year anniversary of my Dad’s passing. I’ll go probably tomorrow. We must celebrate being alive and being lucky enough to go ride. Life is short. Today was a cluster&%$#@! with my family arguing. I should have gone riding. My Dad would have appreciated it. He called Sundays the Holy day of motorcycles. He was a hardcore motorcyclist on the road and in the dirt. He made races.. cutting trails.. drag raced.. raced off-road hard enduro type hare and hounds. He loved riding and he was pretty good for starting dirt riding in his 30’s. 

But yea go riding and avoid the Corona virus. That’s the smart thing to do.. 

some old pics of my Dad..

B9BF9259-A170-4F10-AE65-AD15A2310DEE.jpeg

719B836C-88FF-4FC7-A8EE-72C7F0095DED.jpeg

0C8C4EE6-4B7C-45BC-9531-2D808A009AFB.jpeg

F73279B5-1DF6-46BC-8633-A0AF2053962F.jpeg

162DA4A7-546E-4225-9EB2-3BED574C7729.jpeg

4B39C42F-9091-4452-BD08-AEC97A517B93.jpeg

This is a beautiful tribute.        Nicely done

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

did have two women chasing my ass all over the woods yesterday....  today's solo ride was a welcome relief! lol   

0314201513.jpg

0314201434k.jpg

0314201512c.jpg

• Like 3
  • Helpful 1

Today I social distanced with my beta 300RR, another rider on Beta X-Trainer, one on a 300XCW, and another on a 200XCW. No social distancing plan was shared with the health department however. :doh:

• Like 5
  • Helpful 1

3 hours ago, Old Plonker said:

That's a cool tribute to your dad, Duane. Clearly he knew how to live.

Thanks...He actually was a bit crazy in some ways riding etc. I just though all Dads were like that growing up. Only now looking back I realize most kids didn’t have the same type of Dad as I did.  I’m still learning from him.I feel like today was a huge waste of time as far as family arguing.. Thinking back he would have said &%$#@! it Im riding and everything would have to work itself out without him. If my Dad was alive  we would be in the mountains riding. That’s part of what I got out of today’s arguing over nothing ...cluster @@@@. So now he’s looking down saying see I told you so...But yea my Dad was passionate all his life on motorcycles and cars. I grew up in this world from a baby being at the drags in the middle of the night to mx and he cut these super long hard 3 gas check long hard enduro races. I grew up in the mountains and the track. It’s all about bikes. Nothing else matter much. He was super competitive and just winning was pretty dam important but you win and lose with humility and honor. You don’t say anything. You shut up and You say it on the track. It’s the old school way..motorcycles are what he lived for.

And ... Yea. Going in the mountains is perfect to get away from the Corona virus. All this no o toilet paper and antiseptic soap gone stuff doesn’t matter. There’s less of a chance of me catching the virus in the mountains..

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 7
  • Helpful 3

Didn’t ride solo, but did ride my Beta Evo at a SoCal trials event.  One of the few things that didn’t get canceled. Probably around 50 riders competing. It was one of those rare perfect days in the desert weather wise. 
With everything going on it was nice to get out and have the only thing on my mind was how to ride the next section. 

5A718C5F-5BF1-421B-B1B8-007AD4619808.jpeg

A0931853-9579-42A0-BD1E-A5503FE62351.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Helpful 1

Social distancing is a major reason why I ride.  There's something calming about unplugging from the busy world while pursuing my own fancy at my own pace.  Self-sufficiency and capability are big parts of it too.  This new virus is just another excuse to keep doing it. 

I think the herd of wild horses in my photo below might feel similarly in their own way.  This was as close as they let me get to them! 🐴

spacer.png

• Like 11
  • Helpful 1

I can give my personal feeling about the situation here in Italy , bikes will stay in the garage for a looooong time , but that's not my main problem , now we think only about to stay safe and away from people , hoping virus will not touch us .

I cannot also take my bike and ride away alone , everything has been stopped , police is going around streets , we can go out only for work , food and medicines , otherwise you are punished 

Last sunday situation felt like a nightmare ( and IT IS a nightmare ) , I was walking in my garden , total silence around , no persons , no cars , no noises , and at a certain moment a police car passed slowly with a high volume electronical voice ' stay home , stay safe , don't go around , be smart .... ' , in that precise moment I felt like I was in a war zone .

I think we will lose spring , maybe summer also , no bike for now , maybe doing some maintanance would help me

Guys , STAY HOME , emergency is here , maybe you can't feel it , but covid is moving fast , too fast , buy food , water , alcohol cleaner and protector masks , gummy gloves , be careful when going around , clean youself continuosly , I'm not here to bring panic , but that's it .

Forget bikes for a moment , it's time to think about your health , virus is still at the beginning in your country , take the italian experience to be 2-3 steps ahead , it could be a game changer .

If someone wants more details about Europe situation , ask ...

• Like 4
  • Helpful 4
  • Sad 2