GetFiredUp

Super muddy slippery track tips

I’ve been riding track for a couple of months now getting pretty decent but has anyone got tips for when your riding a really muddy and slippery track to have more control and stop your bars from wobbling so much. My positioning on the bike is generally pretty good. Should I try put my weight back a heap more?does going faster help?

1 hour ago, GetFiredUp said:

I’ve been riding track for a couple of months now getting pretty decent but has anyone got tips for when your riding a really muddy and slippery track to have more control and stop your bars from wobbling so much. My positioning on the bike is generally pretty good. Should I try put my weight back a heap more?does going faster help?

Best to practice throttle control for slippery traction conditions. No need to worry about the handlebars wobbling too much. They wont break. Too many riders try death gripping handlebars when they should relax grip and let her wiggle and goose the throttle a bit to calm her down. Most of the correct rider inputs required for controlling your motorcycle are contrary to your panicked and fearful impulses/reflexes. Slowing down or applying brakes will usually compound your problems/fears. Applying throttle will usually be correct action/solution. The problem with learning this is the frightened rider has never had the sensation conditioning of observing this method because they have not tried/experienced the correct rider inputs. Only experience and practice will overcome this. My method was to always practice my weakest riding skill until I was improving it instead of fearing it. There is a lot of truth to the old dirt bike adage here" when in doubt,GAS IT"

good luck

• Helpful 1

12 minutes ago, everlastneverfast said:

Best to practice throttle control for slippery traction conditions. No need to worry about the handlebars wobbling too much. They wont break. Too many riders try death gripping handlebars when they should relax grip and let her wiggle and goose the throttle a bit to calm her down. Most of the correct rider inputs required for controlling your motorcycle are contrary to your panicked and fearful impulses/reflexes. Slowing down or applying brakes will usually compound your problems/fears. Applying throttle will usually be correct action/solution. The problem with learning this is the frightened rider has never had the sensation conditioning of observing this method because they have not tried/experienced the correct rider inputs. Only experience and practice will overcome this. My method was to always practice my weakest riding skill until I was improving it instead of fearing it. There is a lot of truth to the old dirt bike adage here" when in doubt,GAS IT"

good luck

Thankyou! I will take this into consideration next time I ride. The fact that your reflexes are normally opposite to the correct input makes a lot of sense. Very helpful👍🏽