habs

Would you ride with this tire?

4 hours ago, habs said:

Province changed some rules , online business can stay open , got my tires from Fortnine .👍

B309DC2F-F263-4A7E-A848-E3991A19790F.jpeg

I don't think you mentioned what you bough so out of interest?

I'm glad things are trying to stay relatively normal but  I think my local post office (we don't have house delivery mail where I live) looked closed today so I'll either buy what I REALLY need from one of my local shops (which I usually try to do anyway) or sort out other shipping/delivery with Fortnine 🙂

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, filterx said:

I don't think you mentioned what you bough so out of interest?

I'm glad things are trying to stay relatively normal but  I think my local post office (we don't have house delivery mail where I live) looked closed today so I'll either buy what I REALLY need from one of my local shops (which I usually try to do anyway) or sort out other shipping/delivery with Fortnine 🙂

I think they can ship UPS . Tires are Kenda track master , 90% dirt . 

Edited by habs
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, habs said:

I think they can ship UPS . Tires are Kenda track master , 90% dirt . 

Ya I have not used the Trakmaster II myself but they are DOT and I have a buddy who has only been using them for like 10 years and IMO should be a half decent tire on the street 🙂

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, filterx said:

Ya I have not used the Trakmaster II myself but they are DOT and I have a buddy who has only been using them for like 10 years and IMO should be a half decent tire on the street 🙂

The k760 works OK on pavement but don't expect many km out of it..... you can pretty much watch the knobs disappear with every KM on my DRZ. Sticks well and holds its own even once the knobs are gone, say after 200 km.Hahaha. I worn out 5 or 6 of them so far, may look for something a little bit more robust next time.

15 minutes ago, shuswap1 said:

The k760 works OK on pavement but don't expect many km out of it..... you can pretty much watch the knobs disappear with every KM on my DRZ. Sticks well and holds its own even once the knobs are gone, say after 200 km.Hahaha. I worn out 5 or 6 of them so far, may look for something a little bit more robust next time.

He said 90% so even never actually personally using them I was guessing and being generous when I said half decent on the street bu they are cheap even in Canada 🙂

I've mentioned this previously in this topic and IMHO the NON DOT Shinko 505 Cheater has been an incredibly durable tire on the dirt and more surprisingly on the street and  might buy one new for my DRZ if I don't use the 525 Cheater once I'm done using it on my CRF.

Too many tire options for both sports and never enough time or $$$ to try them all 🙂

1 hour ago, filterx said:

He said 90% so even never actually personally using them I was guessing and being generous when I said half decent on the street bu they are cheap even in Canada 🙂

I've mentioned this previously in this topic and IMHO the NON DOT Shinko 505 Cheater has been an incredibly durable tire on the dirt and more surprisingly on the street and  might buy one new for my DRZ if I don't use the 525 Cheater once I'm done using it on my CRF.

Too many tire options for both sports and never enough time or $$$ to try them all 🙂

The 760 sticks well, bit pretty lumpy on the street....I really avoid riding it there because of the high wear rate that leads to yet another tire changing session.

20 minutes ago, Gary in NJ said:

That's an old tire. How long has it been in use?

?

I know it sat in my backyard for 2 years... 

On 3/23/2020 at 4:29 PM, ohiodrz400sm said:

I'd take the glass out 1st. Make sure you wear gloves.  Chinese Chicken Aides can live on surfaces for a few days I'm told.

It probably was not your intention, and I am assuming you are referring to Covid-19, but calling it Chinese Chicken Aides is racist, and unnecessary is such trying times.  Whether intentional or unintentional, please keep comments like this to yourself.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, drZ-tec said:

It probably was not your intention, and I am assuming you are referring to Covid-19, but calling it Chinese Chicken Aides is racist, and unnecessary is such trying times.  Whether intentional or unintentional, please keep comments like this to yourself.

Actually I think you're the bigot by assuming Chinese Chicken Aides is Covid-19.  Who are you, Donald Trump?  

52 minutes ago, ohiodrz400sm said:

Actually I think you're the bigot by assuming Chinese Chicken Aides is Covid-19.  Who are you, Donald Trump?  

Ok, sure dude!  Something about a pot calling a kettle black...

So if you weren't referring to covid-19, what was it you were referring to? Care to elaborate?

31 minutes ago, drZ-tec said:

Ok, sure dude!  Something about a pot calling a kettle black...

So if you weren't referring to covid-19, what was it you were referring to? Care to elaborate?

Chickity China, the chinese chicken, ever heard that before?  It's a lyrics from a Bare Naked Ladies song.  That was part of the inspiration. Corona virus originated in China.  Whether you like it or not, there is obviously some nod to it as well.

I was born in 80. Growing up AIDS was the viral boogie man of the day. Add them together, BOOM! Chinese Chicken Aides.  It's called a joke. 

Now what isn't funny is the high horse and moral high ground you seem to think you hold.    The current pandemic originated from impoverished people governed by a totalitarian dictator, force to live in squalor, and eat indigenous animals.  There is nothing racist at all to refer to something by its point of origin. Is OhioDRZ400sm racist by nature also?  The People Republic of China does not like the term "Chinese Virus" .   Neither do some of network news stations.  However, one must realize who's contributing money to those networks to understand why.

Hopefully someday you're able to think critically for yourself instead of what the box in your living room or hand tells you to think.

Edited by ohiodrz400sm
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, drZ-tec said:

Do you also call people racist when they talk about MERS? Or London flu? What about Spanish flu? Russian flu? It originated in Wuhan, China, and it's perfectly acceptable to call it China coronovirus.

21 minutes ago, ptgarcia said:

Do you also call people racist when they talk about MERS? Or London flu? What about Spanish flu? Russian flu? It originated in Wuhan, China, and it's perfectly acceptable to call it China coronovirus.

First, I didn't call him racist, as I was not sure if the message of his comment was intentional.  Essentially, I mentioned that the comment could be interpreted to have racist intent.

No I dont call people racist when they talk about MERS, and I think if he just called it Chinese Flue or Chinese Virus, I probably wouldn't have made a comment at all, but the term "Chinese Chicken Aids" in all its falsity, is clearly derogatory - and probably also offensive to anyone who is living with aids, or knows a family member who suffers/suffered.

1 hour ago, ohiodrz400sm said:

Chickity China, the chinese chicken, ever heard that before?  It's a lyrics from a Bare Naked Ladies song.  That was part of the inspiration. Corona virus originated in China.  Whether you like it or not, there is obviously some nod to it as well.

I was born in 80. Growing up AIDS was the viral boogie man of the day. Add them together, BOOM! Chinese Chicken Aides.  It's called a joke. 

Now what isn't funny is the high horse and moral high ground you seem to think you hold.    The current pandemic originated from impoverished people governed by a totalitarian dictator, force to live in squalor, and eat indigenous animals.  There is nothing racist at all to refer to something by its point of origin. Is OhioDRZ400sm racist by nature also?  The People Republic of China does not like the term "Chinese Virus" .   Neither do some of network news stations.  However, one must realize who's contributing money to those networks to understand why.

Hopefully someday you're able to think critically for yourself instead of what the box in your living room or hand tells you to think.

Ok, clearly I am not a critical thinker...

Either way, it is a distasteful joke.  Especially given the times - when people need to unite to fight against a pandemic. 

I've said what I need to say.  Feel free to comment again, but I wont.

1 minute ago, drZ-tec said:

Ok, clearly I am not a critical thinker...

Either way, it is a distasteful joke.  Especially given the times - when people need to unite to fight against a pandemic. 

I've said what I need to say.  Feel free to comment again, but I wont.

Pandemic or mass panic?

61,000 American died from influenza last season.  The Wuhan 400 has a few miles to go. If you calculate the number of people tested vs the number of confirmed cases, you can then extrapolate out the number of likely infections.  Your television news stations won't do this for you though so you'll again have to think for yourself.  Now consider the only known figure, the unfortunate that sadly passed away.  Armed with these revised numbers the mortality rate falls well below the current 1.5% and is much closer to the standard flu.  Mass hysteria or pandemic,  time will tell.

AIDS is a self-induced disease.  It's hard to feel sorry for one's own irresponsibility.  That said, what does AIDS have to do with aides?

China is run by a lying, oppressive, and stealing regime with a 100 year plan to be the controlling super power. I'll say it right now, f*** China.

Snow flakes don't have much staying power.  They tend to melt when the heat is applied.  Your retreat was preordained.