Ew83

What is legally open for riding in WA state? Anywhere?

Just wanna know if anyone combed through the regs and what they say about riding or public land access? If for example we can ride National forests but not state owned land? Of course it would be solo riding and all that, but just curious to know what is legal and what isn't. 

After Wednesday I wonder if you might get stopped driving to and from your particular riding area.  I would like to keep riding but the governors address was just so vague.  It did say you could go on bike rides.

SR1

9 minutes ago, SeaRun1 said:

After Wednesday I wonder if you might get stopped driving to and from your particular riding area.  I would like to keep riding but the governors address was just so vague.  It did say you could go on bike rides.

SR1

Right. I mean if I go to a local riding orv area and unload, ride, and drive home without pit stops, I'm not coming into contact with anyone, so what exactly is the problem with that? 

• Like 1

No one said anything about public lands being closed like in Oregon.  And the Gov even said we can go outside for physical and mental health purposes.  Riding seems like the best medicine.

Snow may still be an issue in a lot of places.  I saw a YouTube video someone posted from Jones Creek a couple of weeks ago.  But, with this recent weather... who knows

I spent all afternoon fishing in a park, public lands might be closed but the cops got bigger fish to fry. They know these 'orders' aren't legally justifiable or enforceable, they are just to get the citiots to stop clubbing and throwing house parties. 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, InsaneClownPossum said:

I spent all afternoon fishing in a park, public lands might be closed but the cops got bigger fish to fry. They know these 'orders' aren't legally justifiable or enforceable, they are just to get the citiots to stop clubbing and throwing house parties. 

I'd like to know how many new cases are due to the citiots and their house parties. Probably almost none, certainly not enough to cry about. Folks are just pissed that they broke down and obeyed, while others don't share their solidarity and given the numbers provided, they shouldn't have.

I'm actually hoping we grow up and start behaving like adults. We should have already established guidelines as to when we need to do something. The numbers of sick folk out there due to this virus is shaping up and it is far from a doomsday pathogen. We SHOULD NOT be behaving like this due to this threat. H1N1 was scarier than this one, yet we've lost our minds. All this emotional whining is a bigger issue than the virus.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Slackkinhard said:

I'd like to know how many new cases are due to the citiots and their house parties. Probably almost none, certainly not enough to cry about. Folks are just pissed that they broke down and obeyed, while others don't share their solidarity and given the numbers provided, they shouldn't have.

I'm actually hoping we grow up and start behaving like adults. We should have already established guidelines as to when we need to do something. The numbers of sick folk out there due to this virus is shaping up and it is far from a doomsday pathogen. We SHOULD NOT be behaving like this due to this threat. H1N1 was scarier than this one, yet we've lost our minds. All this emotional whining is a bigger issue than the virus.

Is this virus a threat? Yes. Should we take reasonable precautions to protect ourselves and those around us? Of course.

I think there are other factors involved as to why we are at this level of hysteria and it has nothing to do with protecting the health of the general population.

• Like 2

I might have to ride mount Si this weekend since any enforcement will be to busy on other things. 

• Haha 1

Something to consider is what if you're injured while riding. Do you really want to go to the hospital? Do you want to be potentially  exposed to the virus.  Look at the next few weeks like last year when it snowed. I want to ride myself but will be taking a break. In the big picture there's more important things.

• Like 4
  • Helpful 2

14 minutes ago, SDR_rider said:

Something to consider is what if you're injured while riding. Do you really want to go to the hospital? Do you want to be potentially  exposed to the virus.  Look at the next few weeks like last year when it snowed. I want to ride myself but will be taking a break. In the big picture there's more important things.

everyone should take the precautions they feel are necessary. The biggest problem we have is that the information provided by our media is lacking in content. I've seen very few sources of context. We've dealt with dangerous pathogens in the past. We have gobs of historical information, yet it is not provided without herculean data mining effort. It takes forever to get the Jeanie back in the bottle once they've put the "be afraid, be very afraid" tag on it. I see posts throughout social media where folks have been convinced there is a doom virus boogey man waiting outside their door.

8 minutes ago, Slackkinhard said:

everyone should take the precautions they feel are necessary. The biggest problem we have is that the information provided by our media is lacking in content. I've seen very few sources of context. We've dealt with dangerous pathogens in the past. We have gobs of historical information, yet it is not provided without herculean data mining effort. It takes forever to get the Jeanie back in the bottle once they've put the "be afraid, be very afraid" tag on it. I see posts throughout social media where folks have been convinced there is a doom virus boogey man waiting outside their door.

Here is a good source of data to help inform your opinion that you may not have seen. It updates each day to reflect current numbers. The link you have posted in the past, although very good, is getting outdated and I don't think highlights the exponential growth many parts of the world are seeing in cases.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Orion

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Orion Watson said:

Here is a good source of data to help inform your opinion that you may not have seen. It updates each day to reflect current numbers. The link you have posted in the past, although very good, is getting outdated and I don't think highlights the exponential growth many parts of the world are seeing in cases.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Orion

That's how these pathogens work....first we have no testing, then we get testing of the sick (spikes) then the context rolls in over a period of time putting the risk where it belongs. This one is landing in a familiar zone, certainly nothing to be shutting down the world economy. That's how this is going to be looked at by history.

We can't let the germaphobes (Sheldon's) run the world...we'll be extinct in a couple generations.

3 minutes ago, onefatroach said:

Let the finger pointing begin. 

In regards to public lands:

90704612_1387886204752699_4188585268225245184_o.png

I'll be riding trails with nobody near me. Just wanna know if I'll get a ticket for it

Just now, Ew83 said:

I'll be riding trails with nobody near me. Just wanna know if I'll get a ticket for it

Probably not. Just the same way law enforcement isn't going around pulling people over on the roads to enforce the stay at home thing, I'm sure they're not going to have people enforcing on the trails. For now. But I'm sure it will only take a few more bad apples to spoil everything... 

1 hour ago, SDR_rider said:

That's why i'm fishing instead of riding. I have no ability to reign it in all day. Im not even riding my street bike right now. 

• Like 1

Just now, onefatroach said:

Probably not. Just the same way law enforcement isn't going around pulling people over on the roads to enforce the stay at home thing, I'm sure they're not going to have people enforcing on the trails. For now. But I'm sure it will only take a few more bad apples to spoil everything... 

The sheriffs won't be enforcing anything, but DNR/USFS Rangers might since the land is closed. In other states, ppl have been asked to leave and threatened w/ misdemeanors if they don't comply. I personally wouldn't risk parking at the trailhead. Maybe if you're plated and can ride straight from your hose...