So I jetted my 2004 crf150f and put a 178 pilot jet and 55 main jet. My first question is are those sizes to big and if so what sizes do I need? My second question is do I need to do anything after only rejeting or can I leave it alone?

Probably due to a dirty low speed , idle jet .  These carbs are pretty much spot on with jetting from factory .   Good pretty much up to 3- 4,ooo ft.   Don't change if you don't have to .......  That just leads to more headache ....

Yea, you probably have an idle screw adjustment most likely a knob you can turn by hand, just turn it clockwise until bike idles right or you might have an adjustment next to the throttle. Mind me asking why you got it jetted, new pipe or was it not running right before?

16 hours ago, Chris Turley Outdoors said:

My bike was having a little trouble staying at an idle

and when you hit the throttle with low rpms there is some lag between the throttle and it actually fires

Edited by DevinBianc88

16 hours ago, Shawn_Mc said:

What problem are you trying to fix?

Shawn Mc:

quick question for you, do you think a problem like this could be valve clearance assuming you are sure your carb is in tune?

problem being lag between low rpm and acceleration. Not saying that’s Chris’s problem just out of curiosity. 

As far as I can tell, you had the bike "rejetted" and now it wont idle...

I have no idea what happened, why you thought it needed "rejetted" or what was actually done or who did it...

Throwning bigger jets in the carb is a sure way to make it way too rich. Which can cause all kinds of ride-ability issues.

Again, what was the problem with the bike BEFORE you did this to it, and what specifically was done? What size jets are where?

Some mechanics are dicks. You walk in and say "I want you to rejet the carb", so he rolls it back, does just that, charges you, regardless if the "rejet" works or not.

The bike would bog in low gears and I took the spark arrestor out thankfully I put smaller jets in that were the right size and fixed the idle screw it had been messed up when I got the bike

2 hours ago, DevinBianc88 said:

Yea, you probably have an idle screw adjustment most likely a knob you can turn by hand, just turn it clockwise until bike idles right or you might have an adjustment next to the throttle. Mind me asking why you got it jetted, new pipe or was it not running right before?

It was not running properly and I took the spark arrestor out

2 hours ago, DevinBianc88 said:

Shawn Mc:

quick question for you, do you think a problem like this could be valve clearance assuming you are sure your carb is in tune?

problem being lag between low rpm and acceleration. Not saying that’s Chris’s problem just out of curiosity. 

That could be a problem in other bikes but that was not the case for me I'm younger only 14 and don't know anyone who knows bikes well I got most of my info from you tube and did not realize I just needed to mess with my idle screw

16 minutes ago, Chris Turley Outdoors said:

That could be a problem in other bikes but that was not the case for me I'm younger only 14 and don't know anyone who knows bikes well I got most of my info from you tube and did not realize I just needed to mess with my idle screw

No worries, I’m only 16 we all start somewhere dude. If u ever have any quick questions just DM me I’ve got decent experience and like helping people out. 

2 hours ago, Shawn_Mc said:

As far as I can tell, you had the bike "rejetted" and now it wont idle...

I have no idea what happened, why you thought it needed "rejetted" or what was actually done or who did it...

Throwning bigger jets in the carb is a sure way to make it way too rich. Which can cause all kinds of ride-ability issues.

Again, what was the problem with the bike BEFORE you did this to it, and what specifically was done? What size jets are where?

Some mechanics are dicks. You walk in and say "I want you to rejet the carb", so he rolls it back, does just that, charges you, regardless if the "rejet" works or not.

Yeah so the guy I got my bike from was a ho big or go home older guy and basically ran the bike dead and when I asked him about rejeting he said the biggest ones would work and I found out very quickly they did not I'm now using a 112 pilot and 45 main jet thanks for all the help

4 minutes ago, Shawn_Mc said:

Alright are you sure because I put the new jets in then tightened the idle screw all the way and got it to an idle and set the fuel screw all the way in and pulled it 2 turns out and now it actually runs and idles very well

Listen to Shawn ,  put the originals back in ........    I told you the originals are good up to  3- 4,000 ft.     The designing engineers do know what they are doing .    If nothing else a new carb will cure the problem   ....    If not , then look elsewhere ......