SurfHunter

S.Cal Ocotillo Open or Closed?

Looks like Ocotillo SVRA is considered closed for "camping" but the announcement is not clear on to me on what exactly that means? Also says "non-campground" areas remain open. Does that mean I can still take my trailer out there and spend the night in an open area and ride? Anyone else been out over night and or riding out there in the last couple of days?

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, SurfHunter said:

Looks like Ocotillo SVRA is considered closed for "camping" but the announcement is not clear on to me on what exactly that means? Also says "non-campground" areas remain open. Does that mean I can still take my trailer out there and spend the night in an open area and ride? Anyone else been out over night and or riding out there in the last couple of days?

Edited:

Across the road you will find Federal land managed by BLM.  To my knowledge they do not have any overnight ban... But I could be wrong.

Edited by Jeff aka Bolt

only the campgrounds at ocotillo are closed to camping. you can still ride and camp out in the open inside the ohv area. go to their website for details. they just posted about it this morning. the only service open is the restrooms. everything else closed but have at it.

14 hours ago, SurfHunter said:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cali-Troll said:

only the campgrounds at ocotillo are closed to camping. you can still ride and camp out in the open inside the ohv area. go to their website for details. they just posted about it this morning. the only service open is the restrooms. everything else closed but have at it.

The notice says trails are open but doesn't actually say over night stays are allowed...  So I called...  as CT said it is OK to disperse camp in the SVRA.  :cheers:

i didnt guess at any facts. i read a notice that said it's ok to camp. "there's an app for that" 🤓