FELD ANNOUNCES NEW SUPERCROSS SEASON UPDATE: 7 MORE ROUNDS LATER IN THE YEAR

2020-Anaheim-2-Supercross1.jpg

FELD ANNOUNCES NEW SUPERCROSS SEASON UPDATE: 7 MORE ROUNDS LATER IN THE YEAR

This is great news! We don’t have any dates or locations yet, but at least we can now confirm that the 2020 Monster Energy Supercross is not over and it will go on! First, the UNLV and Rice-Eccles Stadiums in Las Vegas, Nevada, and Salt Lake City, Utah, posted on their websites that the races on April 25th and May 2nd were canceled and they were handing out refunds for tickets already bought. Now, FELD Entertainment has broke the news that the rounds are canceled, but they have also confirmed that the season is not over yet. Rounds the final seven rounds of the 2020 season are now scheduled to be completed later in the year, although when and where they will be racing has not been determined. We recently interviewed Alex Martin and he said that he hopes fans will come out in droves once we are back to racing and we hope the same. Read the official words from FELD Entertainment below:

Feld Entertainment press release: “The 2020 Monster Energy AMA Supercross, an FIM World Championship, is now scheduled to complete rounds 11-17 later this year. The race locations and dates have not been finalized.

https://motocrossactionmag.com/feld-announces-new-2020-supercross-season-schedule-update-7-more-rounds-later-in-the-year/

• Like 2

Cycle News:

2020 Supercross Schedule Update

Cycle News Staff | March 25, 2020

Here is the latest 2020 Supercross season schedule update. Feld Entertainment announced today, Wednesday, March 25, that the rest of the 2020 Monster Energy AMA Supercross Championship will be completed later in the year following the official cancelation of the April 25 Las Vegas Supercross and May 2 Salt Lake City Supercross rounds. Feld is scrambling to find available dates later in the year, which will be difficult to do considering so many other sporting events across the country will be doing the exact same thing. Stadiums, we expect, will be in hot demand come at least July through December.

The following is the latest release from Feld Entertainment:

The 2020 Monster Energy AMA Supercross, an FIM World Championship, is now scheduled to complete rounds 11-17 later this year. The race locations and dates have not been finalized.   

The following Supercross events have now been canceled due to this change. Event ticket refund information can be located on the venue or ticketing website:

April 25 in Las Vegas, NV at Sam Boyd Stadium

*Includes Sunday Supercross Futures Cancellation

May 2 in Salt Lake City, UT at Rice-Eccles Stadium

*Includes Sunday Supercross Futures Cancellation

We value you as a fan and appreciate your patience and understanding during this unprecedented time, we look forward to dropping the gate again soon. Continue to visit SupercrossLive.com for real-time updates.

Maybe the MXGP boys would come over for some fun!  That would be cool.

I vote for Seattle in October. The most stunning month to be in Washington, and the Mariners won't need it in October, so the T-Mobile Park will be available.

Heck, we could do back to back weekends there.  Bring your off road bike, and enjoy the trails during the week between races.  Great for Washington tourism.

I'm getting excited just thinking about that possibility! :cheers:

58 minutes ago, sheath said:

Maybe the MXGP boys would come over for some fun!  That would be cool.

I vote for Seattle in October. The most stunning month to be in Washington, and the Mariners won't need it in October, so the T-Mobile Park will be available.

Heck, we could do back to back weekends there.  Bring your off road bike, and enjoy the trails during the week between races.  Great for Washington tourism.

I'm getting excited just thinking about that possibility! :cheers:

Heard the ballpark never gonna happen. The weather looks great till ya feel the cold?

Screenshot_20200326-163228_Gallery.jpg

Edited by 777654321
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Arctic Pride said:

*Race locations not finalized

This will be their Euro push since someone else mentioned stadiums will likely not be available due to stick and ball ramping back up. 

Plenty of empty stadiums right here in the USA

They only need 7 races not 7 different venues 

Edited by MotorBoatin
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MotorBoatin said:

Plenty of empty stadiums right here in the USA

Also they only need 7 races not 7 different venues 

for SX in September and October the only stadiums available will be baseball stadiums not also used for football.......Phoenix, Seattle, St Louis.........any others ?

maybe it is possible.....maybe large race tracks like Phoenix,,,,,etc.....the more I think about this the more I think it is very possible

37 minutes ago, Budlite said:

for SX in September and October the only stadiums available will be baseball stadiums not also used for football.......Phoenix, Seattle, St Louis.........any others ?

maybe it is possible.....maybe large race tracks like Phoenix,,,,,etc.....the more I think about this the more I think it is very possible

St Louis has a perfectly good stadium that isn’t being used and then we have NASCAR tracks like this one 

E05EB977-A053-4E30-B72D-5C7F0FD68F56.png.2a81451c9f87578d622a0f4e60498314.png

I would be surprised if we even see any outdoors this year. IMHO covid-19 will last until june/july with how ignorant this world is being with this virus. I feel alot of the top guys may just skip the outdoors in favour of the last rounds of the SX series. I may be wrong but the way things are going this may be the case

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1