Braided Brake line for DRZ400S

Will the lines for drz400SM be to long and awkward for the S model? I can’t seem to find any that say that they fit, nor can a really find any specs for the ones available. My brakes lines are needing replacing, soon.

17 hours ago, 74jimbo said:

They are different part numbers. Why can't you buy new brake lines?

I actually have a set of "S" lines hanging in my closet

Wasn’t a matter of not being able to buy them, all the ones I found were listed at SM only. Ordered a set on eBay, 100 for the set of galfer.

Unless Galifer fixed the issue since I. Bought my set, the sleeve over the line is smaller in diameter than the lower fork clamp. If you dont wrap it with electrical tape or a piece of bicycle tube like I did the line will slid down, then get caught between the fork and front brake rotor and slice through it while your riding 

35 minutes ago, superdutyscaler said:

Unless Galifer fixed the issue since I. Bought my set, the sleeve over the line is smaller in diameter than the lower fork clamp. If you dont wrap it with electrical tape or a piece of bicycle tube like I did the line will slid down, then get caught between the fork and front brake rotor and slice through it while your riding 

I've had a Galfer line for 10 years and have never had that issue.They work great.

• Like 1

My problem with galfer is they are shorter than stock and so it's a tight fit going past my Moto dash causing some chafing on the line and some of its begun to rust a bit. Minor gripes as they work good but still..

IMG_20200406_202517.jpg

IMG_20200406_202503.jpg

1 hour ago, bumtarder said:

You need a longer line and they are designed for factory routing with the stock hose guides.

If that was directed to me I did get model and year specific lines for my bike.. They are using the factory routing.

I have the Coremoto brake lines front and rear. Perfect fit, every fitting lined up without any issues. Ordered stock length lines and they exactly matched the OEM ones on my 2011 S. If I were to do it over, I would order a front line +2" longer than stock to allow for risers or a higher bar.

https://www.coremoto.com/product_p/cf0063.htm

Edited by Gosling 1
added link