Yz 85 fork seal xtra small leak

I have a small leak in my fork seal and I’m wondering if it’s normal. I tried getting in there and making a seal saver to clean it out but I’m having a hard time taking the dust seal of while it’s on the bike and I don’t see how putting it on a bench will make it any easier. Should I try harder? Should I even worry? It’s so small you almost can’t notice it unless you wipe your finger on it and it gets a little slicker. I hope this makes sense. Thanks

Not sure what year your bike is BUT but a quick OEM search for say a 2015 YZ85 and it has dust seals so....

You should be able to use a flat head screw driver to gently remove the dust seals.

Then use a Motion Pro Seal Mate to clean the seals.

Different bike but should give you a good idea on what I'm taking about.

Good luck and hope this helps 🙂

Edited by filterx

25 minutes ago, filterx said:

Not sure what year your bike is BUT but a quick OEM search for say a 2015 YZ85 and it has dust seals so....

You should be able to use a flat head screw driver to gently remove the dust seals.

Then use a Motion Pro Seal Mate to clean the seals.

Different bike but should give you a good idea on what I'm taking about.

Good luck and hope this helps 🙂

Ya they aren’t coming of as easy as it looks and I was just going to make one of those from cheap plastic I just don’t wanna reef on her and scratch my ram with a screw driver thanks for the reply

40 minutes ago, Jon the lamb said:

Ya they aren’t coming of as easy as it looks and I was just going to make one of those from cheap plastic I just don’t wanna reef on her and scratch my ram with a screw driver thanks for the reply

What year is your bike?

IMO you need to get the dust seals of before cleaning the actual seals otherwise its pointless.

1 hour ago, filterx said:

What year is your bike?

IMO you need to get the dust seals of before cleaning the actual seals otherwise its pointless.

2014 I don’t think they have really changed since 02 I’m just gonna try my best to gently take of the dust seals and find something to make a seal saver out of it can’t hurt

Edited by Jon the lamb

I didn't think the years changed much but was just checking.

Did you get the seals off and if so, looks like you made something that worked good, hope it solves the leaking issue and didn't damage the seals 🙂

Honestly changing the seals can be a pain in the ass and using a seal saver is what I would do first 🙂