Husaberg FE650 vs Honda CRF450R

Hello.

I know the models are different and i should compare the

FC550 with the CRF, but i am going to buy one of them, and i

can't make my mind, so i want your opinion.

I like both models (Husaberg a little more).

There are many reports of problems for both of them, but

both of them are great bikes and if you treat them good,

they will treat you good too.

My problem with the husaberg is that i owned several

different enduros (now i own a Suzuki DRZ400E) and i came

to dislike the e-start.

I like in the CRF the absence of battery,e-start,etc. I

want the bike to be as "pure" as possible.I grew to fear

the complicate electrical systems since my kickstart bikes

had alot less problems than my e-start bikes, although it

could be my fault.

But that is the reason i don't like e-start.

(I believe i don't need it too)

Another problem is the availability of parts since there is

no Husaberg dealer in my town, although i doubt my Honda

dealer will have any part i may need for the CRF since it is

not an XR or CBR.

My problem with the CRF is i can't street legal it.

I don't do MX as i said in a previous post of mine, so i

guess the Husaberg may suit me better.

I believe they require the same amount of maintenance, so

that is not an issue.

That's all i can think of to say now ?

If i remember anything i will add it later.

If anyone has ridden them both then he can explain to me

better, but i am grateful for all your opinions.

Thank you for your time.

My friend had a newer Husaberg and I thought it was really lame that you had to split the cases do the top end-the cylinder and the cases are cast as one. After he rode my bike he said the CRF was going to be his next bike. I would rather have a KTM than a Husaberg if I wasn't going to get a CRF.

• 8 years later...

If you choose a honda you'll have to take off all the hpnda parts and replace them with decent aftermarket parts, that is a hassle and expensive. Instead of doing that you might as well buy a good bike straight away.;-) I got a bunch of bikes and my favourite of my own is my ktm 525exc. I also had and raced honda crf450x's. A fully modified crf is surely a nice thing. I raced one in mexico (baja500 desertrace). But seriously the teaining bikes we used, which were stock crf450x were really lame. You'll need to change the suspension and the handle bar to start with the most neccessary but if you want decent power you'll have to do a lot on the engine as well. All that gonna cost you at least 3kusd if you wanna make it decent. If you get a ktm you only need to put a steering dampener on that's it. Sure a nice exhaust doesn't hurt but ktm gives you a good stock one not like the xr250 crap you get on a crf 450. Husaberg is very similar to ktm, actually belongs to ktm so you should be able to get parts from ktm dealers. At least that works here in asia. Apart from that I'm sure a ktm is more relyable and last longer than a honda crfx and I think the husabergs won't be much different to that. No offense intended to all the honda lovers, I know those things are really poular in the usa and I had a good time racing it in mexico but i'd rather done it on my ktm. If i'd have to pick a japanese bike i'd pick a klx450. I own one of those too and I think its the best of the japanese. I had all the others except for a suzuki rmz450 too. Wr450 and dr400 are weak xr 650 too heavy. I'm absolutely sure ktm and husaberg are better. I never had a fe 650 though so can't give you a review on this specific one but I can tell you I intend on Getting one as well if I can fit it in my garage ;-)