Is the shaft that my front sprocket goes on shot ?

4 minutes ago, WALKINGWOUNDED said:

The output shaft looks good.

Use a good quality front sprocket.

Yes!!! Good news ! So I don’t have to replace the counter shaft then...Thanks! So I’ll just get two new sprockets and a chain I’m using a gold renthal chain. I’ll try to find good quality sprockets 

Edited by Djj Holley

8 minutes ago, Djj Holley said:

Yes!!! Good news ! So I don’t have to replace the counter shaft then...Thanks! So I’ll just get two new sprockets and a chain I’m using a gold renthal chain. I’ll try to find good quality sprockets 

The shaft probably has some wear, as most of them do, but it's usually negligible.

If the shaft needs to be changed, it will let you know.

If you replace the shaft now, or if it strips out a few months down the road, it's the same job.

7 minutes ago, WALKINGWOUNDED said:

The shaft probably has some wear, as most of them do, but it's usually negligible.

If the shaft needs to be changed, it will let you know.

If you replace the shaft now, or if it strips out a few months down the road, it's the same job.

alright sounds good I’ll just replace the sprockets and chain then. Shaft doesn’t leak or have any play at all so I’ll just keep it going thanks hearing from another person really eased the mind.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cyclewizard said:

Make sure you lube the shaft with moly paste,  it will help the counter shaft last longer. 

Cool thanks ! Just apply it where? On the whole shaft including the notches where the sprocket goes?