KRAYNIAL

2020 300RE REVIEW

Turns out the suspension was not quiet as good as I thought after getting used to the bike.....but it was just becuase my spring rate was off, as I expected it was.

Had to go up one step front and rear, and now the bike rides over a inch higher front and rear even at 30/105 (even the bike stand now slides underneath un-impeaded), so now the rear tracks MUCH better, and the forks are a bit plusher, so I can actually go a bit stiffer on the compression.  

Posted (edited)

You and Kyle have a ton in common. 

Both bought wrong bike, had someone else try to fix that decision and had suspension done.......twice. 

When's the giveaway? 

Edited by firffighter

48 minutes ago, firffighter said:

Realzed you and Kyle have a ton in common. 

Both bought wrong bike, had someone else try to fix that decision and had suspension done.......twice. 

When's the giveaway? 

pine needles AND pine cones? What about @Piney Woods though? Did Kyle just ride some Piney Woods?

Hear that people? Kyle thinks the Sachs is better than the KYB!!! Y'alls best be trading in your junk KYB on some Sachs sweetness soon!

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, shrubitup said:

pine needles AND pine cones? What about @Piney Woods though? Did Kyle just ride some Piney Woods?

Hear that people? Kyle thinks the Sachs is better than the KYB!!! Y'alls best be trading in your junk KYB on some Sachs sweetness soon!

Yep, he forgot to mention the Sachs get lighter every oil change too!

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Piney Woods said:

If Kyle rode my piney ROOTY woods he would give up bikes and be reviewing bowling balls.

I was gonna say, NICE trail, but nothing worthy of suspension critique.  No whoops, roots, rocks, nothing to hit! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, firffighter said:

Realzed you and Kyle have a ton in common. 

When's the giveaway? 

Admit it, you're addicted to Kyle.. 😂😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, dirtbird said:

Admit it, you're addicted to Kyle.. 😂😂

I mean, who isn't! 

41pyvh.jpg.1a6e80e147a32aaad1653d0e3e03123a.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Piney Woods said:

If Kyle rode my piney ROOTY wood

Wow George,  I know Kyle's dreamy and all, but geez, let's at least keep it PG-13, it's a family show here.  :censored:

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, shrubitup said:

If anyone wants to trade their Beta Kyb's for some Sachs, I'm game. I have a set of OC Sachs that were take-offs off my '18 350rr-s...they only have like 5 hours or something ridiculous on them, so the anodizing is still mostly intact.:D

The 350 is running CC Sachs now, but I'm always trying to find the next best thing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sierra_rider said:

The 350 is running CC Sachs now, but I'm always trying to find the next best thing.

KTM likes you people. They DO provide the next best thing annually. Chase after the best always! :D Warning: it will be hard to tell what the subtle differences are because you just finally got it setup for you after owning for a year.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, shrubitup said:

KTM likes you people. They DO provide the next best thing annually. Chase after the best always! :D Warning: it will be hard to tell what the subtle differences are because you just finally got it setup for you after owning for a year.

I keep my bikes for 5 years or so...I do really bad things to good dirt-bikes, so I'm not entirely sure that a Team Orange butt-pat bike would hold up. The Beta's so far have been the most solid platform I've owned, even more than the vaunted yz250 with it's incredible kickstart assembly and stellar powervalve design. 

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

17 minutes ago, KRAYNIAL said:

Low-IQ carb equipped

Move clip up one position (sounds rich there). Low end sounds good though. 

• Like 1

Judging from the videos (which may be misleading) suspension looks stiff for that terrain which is very similar to what I ride except that there are bigger rocks around, roots and generally a bigger variety.

Just an opinion but you should focus on something that keeps you comfortable. Is it hot yet?