KRAYNIAL

2020 300RE REVIEW

2 hours ago, dirtbird said:

Judging from the videos (which may be misleading) suspension looks stiff for that terrain which is very similar to what I ride except that there are bigger rocks around, roots and generally a bigger variety.

Just an opinion but you should focus on something that keeps you comfortable. Is it hot yet?

I'm not sure which video specifically you are reffering too, but yes, adjustments were made all day till I settle on a nice balance.  I even raised the forks in the clamps, on the trail.

The fork oil height will be dropping 10cc this weekend. It is firm but supple, until it hits the oil, then it deflects. Any softer, and the bike is unstable. 

I got (3) flats in the front, even with Tubliss, that day, and plugged two, and rode out the last one. There were several flats that day.  The 216AA is not great for Tubliss in rocks...

That was my first 'all day' ride on the bike since I picked it up in 1.19.20.  Many things going on.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KRAYNIAL said:

I'm not sure which video specifically you are reffering too, but yes, adjustments were made all day till I settle on a nice balance.  I even raised the forks in the clamps, on the trail.

The fork oil height will be dropping 10cc this weekend. It is firm but supple, until it hits the oil, then it deflects. Any softer, and the bike is unstable. 

I got (3) flats in the front, even with Tubliss, that day, and plugged two, and rode out the last one. There were several flats that day.  The 216AA is not great for Tubliss in rocks...

That was my first 'all day' ride on the bike since I picked it up in 1.19.20.  Many things going on.

Do you still have the stock fill of 325cc? If so you'll like it at 315.

• Like 1

• lowered the fork oil height 10cc
  • pushed the forks back to the 3rd line
  • changed the sag to about 102
  • dropped  the stock needle one clip
  • added one link to the chain
  • raised the bars 10mm more
  • still waiting on the SC tall seat to arrive

full ride tomorrow

SC-2 carb report : 'it wa bad machining and the check-balls were getting stuck, causing your problems'.  We shall see. A few more ride on the stock carb before we try it again.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KRAYNIAL said:

full ride tomorrow

SC-2 carb report : 'it wa bad machining and the check-balls were getting stuck, causing your problems'.  We shall see. A few more ride on the stock carb before we try it again.

Wheww kranny that's a lot of changes in one go. I take baby steps but it's time consuming. 

Let us know what you think of the changes. Also I'm curious about the final results of the sc-2. I'm in the market for a new carb and like the idea of a sealed unit after what happened last time. I dont want to refer to it by it's full name or the pitch forks will come out.

• Like 1

On 5/23/2020 at 7:17 AM, KRAYNIAL said:

full ride tomorrow

All the changes were very positive

Starting to finally feel like 'my' bike........

• Like 1

102mm and forks 3rd line? 

This is why it looks that the shock is not working.... 

And you don't open the pv preload (unless it is more than 3 turns in) to make it comfier. 

Carburation still not right. 

This bike looks completely off the target.... 

Kran are you still running the stock gearing? Maybe drop a tooth in the front and it will keep you up in the revs a bit better at the speed you like. I thought maybe it was loading up on on you a bit. I'd say the forks looked compliant because the fender wasn't bobbling all around when you were hitting those rocks.

2 hours ago, dirtbird said:

102mm and forks 3rd line? 

This is why it looks that the shock is not working.... 

And you don't open the pv preload (unless it is more than 3 turns in) to make it comfier. 

Carburation still not right. 

This bike looks completely off the target.... 

dgpt.gif

23 minutes ago, NjBetaRider said:

Kran are you still running the stock gearing? Maybe drop a tooth in the front and it will keep you up in the revs a bit better at the speed you like. I thought maybe it was loading up on on you a bit. I'd say the forks looked compliant because the fender wasn't bobbling all around when you were hitting those rocks.

I was thinking about 1 tooth in the rear. 3 would be too much.

On mine I think I will settle with 2 higher I'm the rea and keep the 14 in the front. Right now I like the 13 in the front and suggested that as a cheap and easy way to see if you like it. I believe 2 extra teeth in the back would require another link so I've held off for now.

And possibly more rock damage in the rear. Does susp even matter on trails that smooth? Jealous.

Edited by Piney Woods
  • Haha 1

Watched for a minute,  then saw this and realized who I was watching and why it makes me laugh anytime he tries to post like a expert with his vast years of experience :goofy:

20200525_011828.jpg.942ea280a322641bd9619e948a20a893.jpg

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, firffighter said:

Watched for a minute,  then saw this and realized who I was watching and why it makes me laugh anytime he tries to post like a expert with his vast years of experience :goofy:

Jesus wept😂😂🙏🏻

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, firffighter said:

Truth is he was pulling the throttle so hard up that steep hill climb he twisted the whole thing back. That's impressive!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, firffighter said:

The thottle cable is too short, with 38mm of rise on the bars. Also, it cannot  get damaged in a fall.  Not an uncommon old MX trick....

It must  be so fun being so judgemental !  

Let's see your clapped out bikes !

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, KRAYNIAL said:

Let's see your clapped out bikes !

you asked. 

@2milehighspike and @drakes67 followed by my wife. SO much clap in one picture. 

image.thumb.png.758243fd4e2ee099ad23cda8a95481c0.png

My wife on her "unrideable Olle suspension"

image.png.93392cc2cff7ec7c69536f3934df9543.png

pebbles to ride over

image.png.39d77dcd4112d459ffacfc04e3510431.png

IRC VE33S chunked from same pebbles. ALL the Clap. 

image.thumb.png.21825a449584805f58ebcd700b491ad2.png

A stack of Betas with a few other bikes

image.png.f7d804f3b9d28e666bdc716712590d0c.png

image.png.e9dfeb3ff8fae84ff977910ac1115592.png

The wife can ride most anything on her clapped out xtrainer. 

image.png.3d5e0c757dec3295de3148ad04d1e75f.png

and finally my clapped out Beta. But remember, "It's not the bike". 

image.thumb.png.970e11e6ca41c6770afee19bb1680e4d.png

• Like 4
  • Helpful 1