Beta 430 much heavier feel than the 390?

On 4/23/2020 at 11:36 AM, hawaiidirtrider said:

It’s really not a yes or no answer to me . Easy answer is 390 but it’s close and I’d choose 430 for more power . It depends on what kind of trails. .  .. and you. Both are great and handle great !!  and really it’s a little different for everyone depending on each person’s preference. Try seeing if you can find a guy to ride his bike. It’s hard now though. I know that doesn’t say too much but what’s your preference? More or less power??

I understand! Yea kinda thought that too that they would be close but 430 little more power which i kinda want because dont wonna sell the 390 for example as soon as i buy one because it doesnt have enough power etc

(i know it most likely wont happen because of the great things there have been saidabout the 390) but u never know in my eyes and if weight characterictize feel isnt that big, then might aswell go a little bigger.

If u can handle a 260 lbs bike, u can handle 20 lbs more etc in my eyes. As long as i can manuver the bike without using all the muscles and getting out of breath after 2 minutes i think it will be awesome. Never ridden a motorcycle/dirt bike but im strong so im confident i will handle it unless god says no to that and its super heavy.

On 4/23/2020 at 5:44 PM, kawagumby said:

I had a '17 390 and a '19 430.  The 430 felt more flickable due to its' livelier engine.  I enjoyed the 430 more when in a jamm'n mood for sure and I didn't feel it traded anything off in tight ST either.  Static weight I couldn't tell any difference.

Oh damn thats cool

23 hours ago, weantright said:

I rode both 2019 models. One word answer,,, yes. Long answer,,, if you need 430 power get the 500rr, no need for the 430 power get the 350rr/re. Either bikes will be fine on the road. 

Alright! Do u mean all the Beta bikes 350-500 will be fine for road or the 390 and 430 when u said either bikes will be fine on road?

15 hours ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

Thx hawaiidirtrider for the videos, saw those a thumbnails on youtube a while ago but never clicked on them. Felt like the bikes were a little outdated, but not as much now

11 hours ago, richtidebruin said:

Was not planning to get this deep in the weeds, but I specifically pointed out my demo day was 2019 because of the dual fuel injection on the RR (and not on the RRS) for that year model. I bought the 390RR for a number of reasons,  but the dual injectors was one of the more significant ones in my mind for that year.

Do the dual injectors improve response? IDK, my initial impression of the 2019 390RRS was just ok (could have been that specific bike) but it seemed the 390RR spun up a bit faster with juicy linear torque. Does it make a difference? Factually IDK.

For 2020, my understanding is that both RE and RRS bikes have dual FI, so its likely  a non-factor. The 430 is more of a revver than as stated before, and feels linear while having good low end as well.

The 430 power advantage over the 390 seems most noted in the upper rpms and the fact that you get there quicker. If you like to tractor around and lug tall gears through trails or single track, the 390 may work better for your style. Hard to go wrong with either one. 

Did u try out the 430 on your demo day? Did you like it? Maybe hard to answer and compare to the closest bike 390 that was just ok when u rode it

2 minutes ago, PatricTheRider said:

Alright! Do u mean all the Beta bikes 350-500 will be fine for road or the 390 and 430 when u said either bikes will be fine on road?

Any Beta 4t (excluding 125rr) will be good for the road and highway use should be reserved for the 500. None of them will be a pleasure with that seat!

15 minutes ago, PatricTheRider said:

Never ridden a motorcycle/dirt bike but im strong so im confident i will handle it unless god says no to that and its super heavy.

Kid,

if this you your first bike, don't go out and buy a 50 hp $12k bike. You will crash it, hurt yourself or both, i don't care who you think you are and how good of shape you are in, none of that matters, it just takes one little mistake and bam....

Being a newbie and as recommended in other posts go buy a different bike, i suggest one of the street-able dual sport 250s, WR250R or CRf250L. THey will be much cheaper then a hand build Italian bike, and will have a more tame power delivery. Ride the thing for a year figure it out sell it and then get something else.

First thing you should have started with was you have never ridden a motorcycle, that would have saved us all alot of time. 

And God has nothing to do with it, it's called experience and that only comes in small steps. 

Edited by rharr
  • Like 1
  • Helpful 1

8 minutes ago, rharr said:

Kid,

if this you your first bike, don't go out and buy a 50 hp $12k bike. You will crash it, hurt yourself or both, i don't care who you think you are and how good of shape you are in, none of that matters, it just takes one little mistake and bam....

Being a newbie and as recommended in other posts go buy a different bike, i suggest one of the street-able dual sport 250s, WR250R or CRf250L. THey will be much cheaper then a hand build Italian bike, and will have a more tame power delivery. Ride the thing for a year figure it out sell it and then get something else.

First thing you should have started with was you have never ridden a motorcycle, that would have saved us all alot of time. 

And God has nothing to do with it, it's called experience and that only comes in small steps. 

Thx but i will do it. I will get a g2 throttle tamer and take it easy. The time u all spent was not wasted. Ty anyway 

Edited by PatricTheRider
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, PatricTheRider said:

Alright:) could 430 be reserved for highway too? 

Larger the bore the better it can handle highway gearing. No endure bike set-up for highway will be fun in the trails. If you are inexperience, want to ride single track and road I suggest a smaller bore like 250/350 i.e EXC/FE250, 350rr exc/fe. Just trail riding get XC-F/FX/WR/RR models of these displacements. These will be easy to ride in the woods and some models will run the road as good as any endure bike can. I would not recommend the above bikes as they will make it harder to ride trails and in the end it will cost you more $$ without the fun factor. If your budget and want warrant them great grab KLX.

Edited by weantright

43 minutes ago, PatricTheRider said:

Thx hawaiidirtrider for the videos, saw those a thumbnails on youtube a while ago but never clicked on them. Felt like the bikes were a little outdated, but not as much now

Did u try out the 430 on your demo day? Did you like it? Maybe hard to answer and compare to the closest bike 390 that was just ok when u rode it

Yes rode 350rr, 390rrs, 390rr, 430rrs, 500rrs and 2 strokes. some wet technical terrain as well as limited street and open dirt.

21 minutes ago, weantright said:

Larger the bore the better it can handle highway gearing. No endure bike set-up for highway will be fun in the trails. If you are inexperience, want to ride single track and road I suggest a smaller bore like 250/350 i.e EXC/FE250, 350rr exc/fe. Just trail riding get XC-F/FX/WR/RR models of these displacements. These will be easy to ride in the woods and some models will run the road as good as any endure bike can. I would not recommend the above bikes as they will make it harder to ride trails and in the end it will cost you more $$ without the fun factor. If your budget and want warrant them great grab CRF.

Hey ok nice! Nice points:)! I thought of 350's some time ago but then decided why not just get a 390? Came to conclution that them both had similar hp wise and were kinda same in power and went with the 390. But then i thought now recent, why not get a 430, its only 40cc and i can be happy with it with no change. 

I understand that its not recommended with bigger but thats why i started the thread to see how the weight would be and the answers were in general pretty positive, and more power the 430 has, so i can just put a g2 throttle tamer. 

As u said fun factor, pretty hard though to say where the fun factor remains since im pretty sure i would spend the same amount of money no matter what bike i get, 350, 390, 430 etc. 80cc difference between 350 and 430 shouln't cost that  much more?

If those/that was the fun factors u meanth, engine size and weight

Edited by PatricTheRider

2 minutes ago, PatricTheRider said:

Hey ok nice! Nice points:)! I thought of 350's some time ago but then decided why not just get a 390? Came to conclution that them both had similar hp wise and were kinda same in power and went with the 390. But then i thought now recent, why not get a 430, its only 40cc and i can be happy with it with no change. 

I understand that its not recommended with bigger but thats why i started the thread to see how the weight would be and the answers were in general pretty positive, and more power the 430 has, so i can just put a g2 throttle tamer. 

As u said fun factor, pretty hard though to say where the fun factor remains since im pretty sure i would spend the same amount of money no matter what bike i get, 350, 390, 430 etc. 80cc difference between 350 and 430 shouln't cost twice much more?

out of curiosity where do you live?  Trying to better understand your market.

3 hours ago, PatricTheRider said:

As u said fun factor, pretty hard though to say where the fun factor remains since im pretty sure i would spend the same amount of money no matter what bike i get, 350, 390, 430 etc. 80cc difference between 350 and 430 shouln't cost that  much more?

If those/that was the fun factors u meanth, engine size and weight

If you can demo ride these bikes you will understand better the differences between the bikes then just cc's. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PatricTheRider said:

I understand! Yea kinda thought that too that they would be close but 430 little more power which i kinda want because dont wonna sell the 390 for example as soon as i buy one because it doesnt have enough power etc

(i know it most likely wont happen because of the great things there have been saidabout the 390) but u never know in my eyes and if weight characterictize feel isnt that big, then might aswell go a little bigger.

If u can handle a 260 lbs bike, u can handle 20 lbs more etc in my eyes. As long as i can manuver the bike without using all the muscles and getting out of breath after 2 minutes i think it will be awesome. Never ridden a motorcycle/dirt bike but im strong so im confident i will handle it unless god says no to that and its super heavy.

Oh damn thats cool

You never rode a motorcycle/dirtbike????? Whooa!!! Maybe you should start with a smaller bore 4 stroke as you can get into some real trouble riding a 430 or 390 win no experience. Exactly what have you ridden? What is your experience in riding motorcycles so far? How old? How heavy? How tall? How long a time riding?  Really like rharr said for a first time bike you should get something not as aggressive or that good and ride that and fall and crash and learn first. Don’t think that you are strong when it comes to dirtbike riding. You are brand new and starting from scratch. 

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

10 hours ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

You never rode a motorcycle/dirtbike????? Whooa!!! Maybe you should start with a smaller bore 4 stroke as you can get into some real trouble riding a 430 or 390 win no experience. Exactly what have you ridden? What is your experience in riding motorcycles so far? How old? How heavy? How tall? How long a time riding?  Really like rharr said for a first time bike you should get something not as aggressive or that good and ride that and fall and crash and learn first. Don’t think that you are strong when it comes to dirtbike riding. You are brand new and starting from scratch. 

Yeah! Many people have said that yea but... I have ridden a 50cc automatic vespa - Piaggio Ciao. Only bike experince. Can drive car though so know how gears works. Im 20, 5.9 ft, 142lbs

How long a time riding when i get the bike? Idk

Well yeah understand that, ty for your help though earlier / salute

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, PatricTheRider said:

Yeah! Many people have said that yea but... I have ridden a 50cc automatic vespa - Piaggio Ciao. Only bike experince. Can drive car though so know how gears works. Im 20, 5.9 ft, 142lbs

How long a time riding when i get the bike? Idk

Well yeah understand that, ty for your help though earlier / salute

For your safety and for you to gain experience and skills a smaller full size bike is a better idea. You should start smaller and learn. It’s nothing like a 50 cc automatic vespa. Many riders ride smaller full size bikes and build up to riding something like a 390 and 430 much Later. I would never recommend to friends of mine to get a 390 or 430. I think the 125 rs or the 125 rr would be good. You can still go fast on those bikes with practice. 

Edited by hawaiidirtrider