Hello fellow riders. there is a trend that i see with Japanese brands which is they love to use same parts or designs on different bikes even from different manufacturers. Which in the end works for us customers. We can find same parts cheaper or more avaible but labeled for another bike. Esspecially in markets where DRZs are rare and/or discontinued (Europe etc)

Also for bearings seals and o-rings. most of them are off the shelf products. i like to buy my parts from reputable manufacturers like skf-koyo-ariete

when you buy those as a "kit" from a company that doesnt produce any of that stuff you often pay for package than product itself and theyre mostly inferior. 

So i will try to list the parts that i know compatible with drz400 and if you can chime in on this post with your knowledge i will add those as well.

DRZ400SM

---------------

-Front forks:

Looks like same unit as on honda CR and suzuki rmz bikes (maybe sm travel is shorter) but i think fork internal spares are compatible. 

(Need confirmation on fork covers, not sure bottom lugs are same with every bike uses this shock. its near impossible to find fork covers for drz even in aftermarket plastics kits)

Ariete"Ari" Seals

2007 ARI.117 size and model: DC4Y - 48 X 58,2 X 8,5/10,5   prtno. 51153-28H30

2007 ARI.126 size and model:  Y-1 - 48 X 58,5/62 X 6/11,5  prtno. 51173-28H30  (Dust seal for ARI.117)

2005-2006 ARI.105 size and model:  TC4 - 47 X 58 X 10  prtno. 51153-37F80 

2005-2006 ARI.106 size and model:  SG5 - 47 X 58,5/62 X 6/10,3 prtno. 51173-37F80 (Dust seal for ARI.105)

(not sure if drz went to 48mm forks on 2007. tc4 model has one steel spring where as dc4y has 2, also different design on sealing surfaces. i assume its for choice of fork sticktion vs sealing power. Im attaching catalogue.)

SKF seals

Kit47S 

Kit47SHD (labeled as "Heavy Duty")

SKF Mud Scrapers

MS 47S

Bushings

SKTE/TI 47S

-Front brake disc

Same hole pattern as Yamaha wr and yz lines of bikes

-Front brake pads: Theese exact calipers and pad design used all across dirtbikes from japan and even on gasgas and beta bikes.(too many to list) 

EBC FA185R for sintered or FA185X for carbon pads (thats the brand that i use you may contribute with other brands part number as well)

-Front brake caliper

rebuild kits for pretty much all Japanese dirt bikes of the era, can be further detailed. 

Rm125

Rm250

Rmz450

Rmx450 (2011-2017)

dr650 are the ones for suzuki

-Front master cylinder:

"Road" type master cylinder with bigger reservoir than most dirt bikes. suzuki part fiche shows it has the same piston as intruder1400 cruiser and dr 125 and dr350 bikes 

-Radiator Louver

Same with rm125(till 2008) and rm250 (till 2005) range can be more than that. checking on european resources. 

-Rear shock 

S and SM units have different part number. probably sm has shorter travel. since parts fiche doesnt show any inner parts cant confirm suzuki-wide compatibility. But its a pretty wide spread shock produced by showa and used on many bikes arround (with different lenghts of travel and valving etc) 

Needs more info on bushings and seals and o-rings. 

-Rear Sprocket

Same bolt pattern as rmz ones. 

-Front sprocket

Needs more info

-Bearings

Steering stem bearings: same across most Suzuki dirt bikes from 1991 to 2019 (specs are welcome to make it easier to find bearings from other manufacturers like skf)

Engine bearings: (needs further info. while some bearings are standart off the shelf products some of them are produced just for suzuki with 1milimeters of difference than standart sized ones. thus fitting anything other than oem impossible. size info needed for standard bearings.

Swing arm and wheel bearings: As most of us know drz sm uses old rm125 and rm250 swingarm. Thus shares bearings bushings and spacers. Detailed sizing info needed for aftermarket bearing compatibility. (same with wheel bearings) 

-Seals & O-rings

Countershaft seal: 30x40x6mm

Countershaft bushing o-ring: D:2.5,ID:21

Catalogs guides charts and manuals for drz :

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HtnVHyxvNvFAG_MEUJwffJwJThD-AIVn

Contribitions are more than welcome !! have a good day and ride safe

• Like 1

As a new DRZ owner this is awesome!  Thank you for putting together this resource.

Maybe this is very elementary, but I was wondering yesterday about compatible wheels (hubs) as well, as I am looking for a set of spare wheels to mount road rubber on my DRZ-S.

4 minutes ago, dimitrii01 said:

As a new DRZ owner this is awesome!  Thank you for putting together this resource.

Maybe this is very elementary, but I was wondering yesterday about compatible wheels (hubs) as well, as I am looking for a set of spare wheels to mount road rubber on my DRZ-S.

Hub width and axle diameter will be important when doing such swap. Have no input on thoose.. as for axle diameter as long as its as same or wider it can be compansated with simple bushings which can be made by any machine shop. But a wider hub will carry discs and sprockets outwards and it will become an issue (if narrower you can machine spacers that go between hub and sprocket/discs

• 6 months later...

Great thread!  

I've recently purchased a DR-Z 400SM, but having difficulty finding front disc covers and mounts to fit....  Referencing the thread, am I correct to conclude that Yamaha products might work?....  If not, do you know of any particular brands/items that *would*...? 

Thanks in advance. 

On 10/28/2020 at 10:57 AM, RAH said:

Great thread!  

I've recently purchased a DR-Z 400SM, but having difficulty finding front disc covers and mounts to fit....  Referencing the thread, am I correct to conclude that Yamaha products might work?....  If not, do you know of any particular brands/items that *would*...? 

Thanks in advance. 

Disc covers usually bolt on the lugs, sm lugs are bit different than every other bike ( thats why i cant find fork guards compatible with it) i saw disc covers that wrap arround s type forks but nothing for sm

On 4/24/2020 at 1:09 PM, Syntax_Erol said:

Hello fellow riders. there is a trend that i see with Japanese brands which is they love to use same parts or designs on different bikes even from different manufacturers. Which in the end works for us customers. We can find same parts cheaper or more avaible but labeled for another bike. Esspecially in markets where DRZs are rare and/or discontinued (Europe etc)

Also for bearings seals and o-rings. most of them are off the shelf products. i like to buy my parts from reputable manufacturers like skf-koyo-ariete

when you buy those as a "kit" from a company that doesnt produce any of that stuff you often pay for package than product itself and theyre mostly inferior. 

So i will try to list the parts that i know compatible with drz400 and if you can chime in on this post with your knowledge i will add those as well.

DRZ400SM

---------------

-Front forks:

Looks like same unit as on honda CR and suzuki rmz bikes (maybe sm travel is shorter) but i think fork internal spares are compatible. 

(Need confirmation on fork covers, not sure bottom lugs are same with every bike uses this shock. its near impossible to find fork covers for drz even in aftermarket plastics kits)

Ariete"Ari" Seals

2007 ARI.117 size and model: DC4Y - 48 X 58,2 X 8,5/10,5   prtno. 51153-28H30

2007 ARI.126 size and model:  Y-1 - 48 X 58,5/62 X 6/11,5  prtno. 51173-28H30  (Dust seal for ARI.117)

2005-2006 ARI.105 size and model:  TC4 - 47 X 58 X 10  prtno. 51153-37F80 

2005-2006 ARI.106 size and model:  SG5 - 47 X 58,5/62 X 6/10,3 prtno. 51173-37F80 (Dust seal for ARI.105)

(not sure if drz went to 48mm forks on 2007. tc4 model has one steel spring where as dc4y has 2, also different design on sealing surfaces. i assume its for choice of fork sticktion vs sealing power. Im attaching catalogue.)

SKF seals

Kit47S 

Kit47SHD (labeled as "Heavy Duty")

SKF Mud Scrapers

MS 47S

Bushings

SKTE/TI 47S

-Front brake disc

Same hole pattern as Yamaha wr and yz lines of bikes

-Front brake pads: Theese exact calipers and pad design used all across dirtbikes from japan and even on gasgas and beta bikes.(too many to list) 

EBC FA185R for sintered or FA185X for carbon pads (thats the brand that i use you may contribute with other brands part number as well)

-Front brake caliper

rebuild kits for pretty much all Japanese dirt bikes of the era, can be further detailed. 

Rm125

Rm250

Rmz450

Rmx450 (2011-2017)

dr650 are the ones for suzuki

-Front master cylinder:

"Road" type master cylinder with bigger reservoir than most dirt bikes. suzuki part fiche shows it has the same piston as intruder1400 cruiser and dr 125 and dr350 bikes 

-Radiator Louver

Same with rm125(till 2008) and rm250 (till 2005) range can be more than that. checking on european resources. 

-Rear shock 

S and SM units have different part number. probably sm has shorter travel. since parts fiche doesnt show any inner parts cant confirm suzuki-wide compatibility. But its a pretty wide spread shock produced by showa and used on many bikes arround (with different lenghts of travel and valving etc) 

Needs more info on bushings and seals and o-rings. 

-Rear Sprocket

Same bolt pattern as rmz ones. 

-Front sprocket

Needs more info

-Bearings

Steering stem bearings: same across most Suzuki dirt bikes from 1991 to 2019 (specs are welcome to make it easier to find bearings from other manufacturers like skf)

Engine bearings: (needs further info. while some bearings are standart off the shelf products some of them are produced just for suzuki with 1milimeters of difference than standart sized ones. thus fitting anything other than oem impossible. size info needed for standard bearings.

Swing arm and wheel bearings: As most of us know drz sm uses old rm125 and rm250 swingarm. Thus shares bearings bushings and spacers. Detailed sizing info needed for aftermarket bearing compatibility. (same with wheel bearings) 

-Seals & O-rings

Countershaft seal: 30x40x6mm

Countershaft bushing o-ring: D:2.5,ID:21

Catalogs guides charts and manuals for drz :

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HtnVHyxvNvFAG_MEUJwffJwJThD-AIVn

Contribitions are more than welcome !! have a good day and ride safe

Timing chain

D.I.D.  SCR0409-128LE camchain (high quality camchain ) 

Kawasaki klx400 camchain (same thing with oem but cheaper)