Simplified Wiring

Now that I've given up on oil injection, the OEM odometer, and the horn. I'm scrutinizing all the abandoned wires.  Has anyone removed all the non essential wires, connectors, and switches and run a bare bones wiring harness?

• Like 1

I want to ditch all the electronic controls and just have the kill & start also but I want to do it clean. All I can find is the race wire loom for a 16 2t. Anyone know if that works on the 2020 RE's?

Been wanting to do the same thing to shed unnecessary weight, but I do not think the race harness is out for the 2020s yet. Big thing I want to get rid of is the blinker/lights/horn switch for a simple lights on off switch 

Does the race harness eliminate the multi switch, all signal wiring, everything associated with oil injection, everything associated with the odometer, but keeps the headlight and taillight wiring? Does it also reduce the number of connectors and improve the power and ground junctions? Looking at the wiring diagram, it appears as though 3/4 of the wires and connectors can be eliminated.  Is this what the race harness will do?

Thanks

I am pretty sure it deletes everything as far as lights, controls and speedo. You do need a different bolt for the banjo fitting on the brake to get rid of that wire. I'm looking for good info about it too. My first Beta after having XC ktm's for years so I have zero experience with turn signals and brake lights. I have the RE so no oil injection to deal with but I think its a separate package to delete that.

Here is a photo of the 2T race harness that Boano Beta sells. It does include lights as these are required for FIM enduro racing but requires OI removal.

The website description is as follows:

"Complete Race electrical system for Beta RR 2-stroke 2020. Developed by Boano Racing with the right length and eliminating wires and connectors not necessary for racing use. Switch on off for the light. For start and stop the engine you will use the original one on the bike. The possibility remains to connect the speedometer. Complete with diodes."

There is .pdf installation document on the site but it's too large to post on here.

https://www.betaboano.com/cgi-bin/allegati/foglio Istruzioni imp eletr .pdf

2020131214721.jpg

Edited by Hubert Carpet
  • Helpful 2

Here are the switches that came with my 17' race harness (AB-10275) 

1. Headlight / Kill button

2. Kill button

3. Starter button

4. Starter / Kill button (this didn't come with the race harness) but is an OEM option from the 18+ model years.

IMG_0438.jpg

IMG_0439.jpg

IMG_0437.jpg

IMG_0440.jpg

• Like 1

Race harness does include lights (really wish it didn’t)  If you use lights you use the supplied light switch that includes a kill button. If you don’t use lights you use the basic kill button that is supplied. 

On a couple bikes I removed even more wires out of the race harness 

Two thumbs up on the Boano race wire loom, just put that on my 20' 250rr, I have used the Beta USA race harness before on older Beta's.

Boano's is simpler, retains the od, and is less than half the price.

In the instructions it tells you need to order an optional connection wire to utilize the od, but on my kits it was included.   

Edited by ktm300
  • Like 1
  • Helpful 1

4 hours ago, ktm300 said:

Two thumbs up on the Boano race wire loom, just put that on my 20' 250rr, I have used the Beta USA race harness before on older Beta's.

Boano's is simpler, retains the od, and is less than half the price.

In the instructions it tells you need to order an optional connection wire to utilize the od, but on my kits it was included.   

Out of curiosity, did you order from Boano direct or a supplier in the US? 

yes, i went bare bones on my 250 ... have removed OI on the 200 but haven't gone as far yet, think i'll grab that Boano harness, thanks for the heads up!

chop (there was way more)
spacer.png

simplify with weatherproof connectors from CycleTerminal 
spacer.png

end result with a single start/kill switch from Sicass (i also like to move the start/kill to the left side)
spacer.png

• Like 2