SteveThe Snakes

Do you guys even ride anymore

1 hour ago, SteveThe Snakes said:

Ok we have a women rider called The Hamster. I’m not sure if you know her. 
But anyways the other day I told her hey your riding like a women today and she took offense to that remark. 🥳

By the way she made it up impossible the real mans way two weeks ago. So I kept Oh Shait remarks to myself at that point. 😳😂

Damn - I still haven't made it up the hard way yet.  I haven't even bothered trying the $100 line... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, cobra46 said:

You seem cool.  We get a fair number of douchebags who pop in here and start talking crap.

I have only driven across Nebraska on 80.  Never realized there were decent hills there.

Driving I-80 through Nebraska is about as boring as it gets.  Not everywhere here is flat and corn fields. 

Look up Nebraska Sandhills sometime when your bored.  20,000 square miles of sand hills covered in grass.  Very few people, lots of cows.  Lots of great riding.  No one knows about it.  The stars at night are amazing, absolutely no light pollution.

That being said, my youngest son is 15, three more years and I'll be an empty nester.  I'm sure my wife and I will travel to California sometime and I plan on hitting you guys up.  I'm not the greatest rider, but should be able to bring up the rear and give you some good laughs.  

Of course if any of you are ever in the Nebraska area with your bike (don't know why, but you never know) I'll show you the best we have to offer.

Nebraska Sandhills.jpg

• Like 9

On 4/29/2020 at 11:03 AM, NOPLCLKNEB30 said:

That being said, my youngest son is 15, three more years and I'll be an empty nester. 

You've been a parent 15 years and still believe that ?  If you don't have a basement better start digging cause he'll be in it for at least 2 more decades.

This is Merika 2020 don't cha know ! :usa: 

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

2 minutes ago, Jeff aka Bolt said:

You've been a parent 15 years and still believe that ?  If you don't have a basement better start digging cause he'll be in it for at least 2 more decades.

So true.  About the only way you can be assured of being an empty nester is if your kid joins the military.

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Jeff aka Bolt said:

Mine are 23 and 20 and both still live at home. I've told them they can live for free if they are full time students.  If not, time to pay rent or move TFO.

The 20 YO was just about to move out and this COVID thing happened.  His BMW dealership job is non essential and he was furloughed.

• Like 1

Well I can tell you how to do it right. 
Allow them to live at home as long as they like. But make it a bit miserable for them so they have incentive to move. Truth has it our master bedroom is pretty far from their rooms. They both had separate bed rooms and bath rooms. Spoiled brats. 

Though I moved out at 17 due to the older brother loosing all my tools and anything else on his war path. 😉

Happy to say both boys are out of the house on their own and around 30 years old. Hope it lasts. 😳

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, cobra46 said:

Mine are 23 and 20 and both still live at home. I've told them they can live for free if they are full time students.  If not, time to pay rent or move TFO.

The 20 YO was just about to move out and this COVID thing happened.  His BMW dealership job is non essential and he was furloughed.

So you are saying he got a raise ?  lol.gif.33ce85ee794f85a7eabc27e664d23d6a.gif

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jeff aka Bolt said:

If he's in the basement after the age of 20, I'm coming to California and you guys are going to take me riding right off the tallest cliff you have.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jeff aka Bolt said:

So you are saying he got a raise ?  lol.gif.33ce85ee794f85a7eabc27e664d23d6a.gif

As sad as it is, yes he is making more playing video games than he was working.

The good thing is that I raised him right and he can't wait to get back to work as he loves his job.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2